C/LW Anton Lundell - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
He is a prospect that checks all the boxes for the Kings. I have him just outside the top 5 and with Turcotte already in the pipeline he might be a bit redundant. I think Drysdale or Raymond at 4- 5 will make more sense for the rebuild, eventhough I really like Lundell as a prospect.

Was always a huge fan of Vilardi sad he got injured hope he reaches his potential still don't think you guys need Lundell.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
He really needs to move his feet more, he's pretty slow. Other than thar he's doing very well.

Reactions: DJB

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
I haven't seen anyone else saying that about his skating. I still don't see it.
I think it's pretty crystal clear, i watched today very closely on his skating particularly, and he does seem to glide alot. The big ice surface allows this style of skating. He's very good at protecting the puck too i noticed, skating can be worked on luckily.

Reactions: FinPanda

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I haven't seen anyone else saying that about his skating. I still don't see it.
He’s not explosive. Could be a lack of strength. I think his mechanics are ~ok. He’s a smart enough player to get by, but if he can develop into an above average skater he could be a star. His playmaking could stand to be a little better too.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That's quite a statement. If Lundell is going to be better than Koivu, then an argument can be made for taking him 2nd overall.

Reactions: tellermine

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
That's quite a statement. If Lundell is going to be better than Koivu, then an argument can be made for taking him 2nd overall.
Koivu never has been as good as a 2nd OA pick though so idk mate. I mean defensively yes but his offense has never been in star caliber.

Reactions: Goldenhands

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Koivu was very underrated playing with nobodies on a Lemaire team that emphasized defense. A definite #1C who could be put out in all situations. Spezza and Kovalchuck scored more than he did from his draft year, but Koivu was the most complete player. A leader, a big body, PK, PP, FO, excellent international play...the whole package.

I can't say that Lundell isn't better, as i haven't watched him enough, but nothing i have heard about him leads me to believe that he is going be better than Mikko.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Lundell has superior shooting and puckprotection and pretty much everything else. Koivu is abit underwgelming tbh.

Koivu is underrated as f***. Great defensive forward with the ability to put up a decent amount of points as well. Would have won a Selke or two if the award was actually given for defense.

If you draft Lundell and he has a career like Koivu I don’t think anyone would complain.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Koivu is underrated as ****. Great defensive forward with the ability to put up a decent amount of points as well. Would have won a Selke or two if the award was actually given for defense.

If you draft Lundell and he has a career like Koivu I don’t think anyone would complain.

Koivu is what he is, a great 200 ft center with average offensive awarenesses... Lundell is also a great all around center, but his offensive awarenesses are just much better...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

This is where I have Lundell ranked, 2nd-3rd overall... IQ off the chart, very good shot, very good vision and passing skills, positioning and anticipation elite, strong on the puck, good skater ect... Unlike Stutzle, who will probably end up playing the wing, Lundell is a pure center, there is no question about it and the workload of a center is always more demanding than the one of a winger, thats why I have Lundell ranked this high... Lundell is less flashy than Stutzle and possibly a bit less skilled, but he gets the job done big time... For me, the 2nd overall race is between Lundell and Byfield, Byfield being younger and having the highest celling in term of offensive contribution will be hard to pass on at 2, the package is way too attractive...

Reactions: Ippenator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad