C/LW Aarne Talvitie - Espoo, FIN JRS (2017, 160th, NJD)

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
I'm hyped that we have another great C prospect. A few years ago it seemed like we only had Barkov.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
As long as he doesnt give up the puck at offensive blueline again, I'm sure he becomes a great bottom 6 player and maybe even middle 6er.

Not a great stickhandler or playmaker, but his shot, effort and skating make up for it.

He is the guy who can snipe occasionally and with his stocky build, even if he is not tall, he can provide net front precense and put in the rebounds.

If everything go right, I think he could end up like a bit worse Chris Kunitz maybe?

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Talvitie has exceeded my expectations and is slowly carving out to be a heck of a complete player. Though he doesn't possess any elite qualities to separate himself from his peers, he is just good at basically everything. He plays the 200-foot game and despite of not being the tallest guy, Talvitie is strong as an ox and hard to knock out of his game. He's good/excellent goal scorer and elevates others around him. In this WJC it was apparent how well he could fit into any slot and when the team's first line was struggling, everything changed immediately after Talvitie was promoted in it. I think he's going to make a nice career in the big league even if he's never going to be a superstar. Definitely a steal compared to where he was picked.

Reactions: My3Sons

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I’ve seen someone make Hornqvist as a comparison, which I really like.
His shot is well on it's way to getting there. I really like his snap shot, he can beat goaltenders from the top of the circle. He doesn't need elite speed, just average to above average due to his strength, he can bulldoze through defenders with his low center of gravity. He and Zetterlund will be hard to contain on the wings. Heavy Heavy wingers.

Reactions: GeNeXt

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
His shot is well on it's way to getting there. I really like his snap shot, he can beat goaltenders from the top of the circle. He doesn't need elite speed, just average to above average due to his strength, he can bulldoze through defenders with his low center of gravity. He and Zetterlund will be hard to contain on the wings. Heavy Heavy wingers.
Hey can you update the title because he is not playing for Blues anymore?

Little bit of help: C/LW Aarne Talvitie - Penn State University, NCAA (2017, 160th, NJD)

Reactions: Nicos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad