C Liam Foudy - London Knights, OHL (2018, 18th, CBJ)

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Seemed like a sure fire NHLer to me. TBD his offensive upside but if he figures out how to play the PK should be at worst a dream 4th liner.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Made an impressive debut in the playoffs yesterday night, his speed and poise were evident. He has the look of being a terrific pick at #18 by Jarmo. Who is respected as a talent evaluator. Nice job by Mark and Dale Hunter in developing another London Knight into the NHL.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Made an impressive debut in the playoffs yesterday night, his speed and poise were evident. He has the look of being a terrific pick at #18 by Jarmo. Who is respected as a talent evaluator. Nice job by Mark and Dale Hunter in developing another London Knight into the NHL.

You definitely have to credit the Hunters because Foudy has added so much to his game in the last couple years. He is a very complete player at this point. His scoring touch isn't top notch but there's no holes in his game, it seems like he could be useful on any line.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Couldn't even tell he had been playing most of the year in the OHL. He was fantastic and got plenty of deserved ice time. Also unsure of what his offensive upside is, but he looks promising.

Reactions: KristichBabych

ClevelandUke

Aug 4, 2020
Wait til he learns some moves to shake some goalies, he's going to be a 20-25 goal defensive beast soon enough.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I see an elite third line guy who can slide up when injuries happen. Just don’t see the hands catching up to the feet. But damn he looked good tonight.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
showed damn good offensive instincts once he got acclimated, even prior to the goal last night.

fast as hell, solid awareness, should bea great middle 6 guy for sure.
For sure. He already looks like a very solid middle six guy. Doesn't shy away from physical contact plus has the speed to pursue pucks which makes opposing teams life miserable

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He reminds me of Darren Helm (when Helm was good). Helm also made a big impact his first year in the playoffs, although Helm was a year older.

Both very fast, feisty players who are defensively responsible but often can’t keep up with their own feet.

A very valuable 3rd line type player who can slot higher in the lineup and not look entirely out of place

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I see him as a smoother Boo e Jenner type when it’s all said and done. That skating/stride rate as well as his edge work and ability open up his hips and keep his speed will allow him to make more plays offensively and I luv how hes able to apply so much back pressure coming back into the zone. Very good player but not the most high end offensively, but definitely a guy you win hockey games with

Reactions: KristichBabych

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
That was a big goal he scored last night, and I thought he saved his best game in an elimination game. When you see a young kid do this, it bodes well for him. Someone said big game player, it may be that. Mark Hunter does it again. He sniffed out a good one here and developed him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That was a big goal he scored last night, and I thought he saved his best game in an elimination game. When you see a young kid do this, it bodes well for him. Someone said big game player, it may be that. Mark Hunter does it again. He sniffed out a good one here and developed him.
I think he is just getting started and comfortable. I dont think it was just a good game its a player that is getting used to his environment, his ability to shift his body to make passes and plays was elite yesterday, backing off players with his speed and agility. I think he is going to be a very versitile top 6 player. If he only ends up as a third liner I will be shocked.

For me when I watched him in the OHL I thought his game was tremendous, in London you rarely get the ice in your draft year to put up big points. Thats why stat watching and advanced stats will never rule hockey, you gotta watch the player. Jarmo is the best in the business from a drafting stand point he is the reason the sens were so good for so long he drafted the entire team.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think he is just getting started and comfortable. I dont think it was just a good game its a player that is getting used to his environment, his ability to shift his body to make passes and plays was elite yesterday, backing off players with his speed and agility. I think he is going to be a very versitile top 6 player. If he only ends up as a third liner I will be shocked.

For me when I watched him in the OHL I thought his game was tremendous, in London you rarely get the ice in your draft year to put up big points. Thats why stat watching and advanced stats will never rule hockey, you gotta watch the player. Jarmo is the best in the business from a drafting stand point he is the reason the sens were so good for so long he drafted the entire team.
He definitely opened up some eyes, when Atkinson was out briefly, he looked so natural with PLD. The speed is obvious, but his thought process is impressive. I agree with you on Jarmo. He's as astute a talent evaluator there is. He got a great value pick here. Also you have to give credit to London. They always seem to find players that will be NHL players

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
His speed is outstanding, no doubt one of the fastest players in the league already. However, I think his brain hasn’t quite caught up with his feet. Often he gets the defence totally scrambling with his speed, great passes open up, but he frequently fails to recognize them, or sees the opportunity but botches the pass. This should improve with time, though. If it does, I definitely see 2nd line upside.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
He reminds me of Darren Helm (when Helm was good). Helm also made a big impact his first year in the playoffs, although Helm was a year older.

Both very fast, feisty players who are defensively responsible but often can’t keep up with their own feet.

A very valuable 3rd line type player who can slot higher in the lineup and not look entirely out of place

Darren Helm never showed the IQ to stop when he was about to be cut off like Foudy has. I love Helm too, but it’s clear Foudy has far more potential.

Reactions: bert

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Foudy impressing in the playoffs might give his brother a bump in the rankings, I could see him going top-45 now

Jul 6, 2016
The kid has a great gene pool. Father: a pro football player; mother: an Olympic sprint medalist.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

He does so many things well, I just have doubts about the finishing part. I could see him very useful in a top six role, he'll probably be more of the 15G, 25A player, but nonetheless a player that you would say is one of the five most valuable players on the team, even though 7 or 8 guys will have more points.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Foudy (and texier) is a player that i am constantly asking myself "Who is that?" fast speedy shifty. he's gonna be an issue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad