C Kirby Dach (2019, 3rd, CHI)

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Kid is an absolute beast. 19 minutes in his first playoff game. Absolutely dominant along the boards, and so damn good defensively that Colliton is now relying on him to to play that two way game.

Perhaps this is early, but he was absolutely the correct pick at third overall.

Reactions: Dominance

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Kid is an absolute beast. 19 minutes in his first playoff game. Absolutely dominant along the boards, and so damn good defensively that Colliton is now relying on him to to play that two way game.

Perhaps this is early, but he was absolutely the correct pick at third overall.

He always was.. I couldn't believe people were thinking Cozens was the better choice.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
He had a strong playoff debut was impressed as a whole, though on that play where he drew the penalty he should have trusted his shot and went for it.

Reactions: ricardfromage

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He always was.. I couldn't believe people were thinking Cozens was the better choice.

are those people sabres fans? because they are thinking they got a steal. they thought the same about risto, nylander and mitts though lol...

im surprised the hawks didnt take byram but I think both Dach and Turcotte will be good top 6C in this league so will be interesting to see how it shakes out

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
are those people sabres fans? because they are thinking they got a steal. they thought the same about risto, nylander and mitts though lol...

im surprised the hawks didnt take byram but I think both Dach and Turcotte will be good top 6C in this league so will be interesting to see how it shakes out

Nah it was pre-draft shit.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
A man that large should not be able to skate and stickhandle like that. Idk how you can say that Hughes has a higher ceiling at this point
I'd say Hughes is still a better skater, but Dach isn't just good for a big man, he's legitimately a really good skater in the NHL. He definitely put to rest any questions of him being the right pick at #3 last year. I just hope I can say the same about Byram eventually.

Reactions: d rake

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'd say Hughes is still a better skater, but Dach isn't just good for a big man, he's legitimately a really good skater in the NHL. He definitely put to rest any questions of him being the right pick at #3 last year. I just hope I can say the same about Byram eventually.
Dach's a burner for his size. He's starting to remind me of a raw version of 18 year old Eric Lindros. That's probably a reach, but I don't care. Kid isn't 20 until January.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Dach's a burner for his size. He's starting to remind me of a more raw version of 18 year old Eric Lindros. That's probably a reach, but I don't care. Kid isn't 20 until January.
True that. His future is looking insanely bright. If he adds more nastiness to his game I could definitely see the Lindros comparisons.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
His game today was a spitting image of a young Getzlaf right down to the refusal to shoot on the 2on1.

Other than being a big center who likes to pass more than shoot, I don't think Getzlaf is a good comparison for Dach. For one, Dach is a better skater at 19 than Getzlaf ever was, and at least right now, Dach doesn't have the same kind of nasty that Getzlaf plays with.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Other than being a big center who likes to pass more than shoot, I don't think Getzlaf is a good comparison for Dach. For one, Dach is a better skater at 19 than Getzlaf ever was, and at least right now, Dach doesn't have the same kind of nasty that Getzlaf plays with.

Hes not a p***y though either. He battled Seider really well at the prospects tourney this summer, taking a few big runs at each other. I will say Seider came out better of the 2 it seemed like but Dach looked like a gamer still.

Getzlaf you could genuinely describe as a mean player, I think Dach is more of a "not a pushover/not soft" player.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Hes not a p***y though either. He battled Seider really well at the prospects tourney this summer, taking a few big runs at each other. I will say Seider came out better of the 2 it seemed like but Dach looked like a gamer still.

Getzlaf you could genuinely describe as a mean player, I think Dach is more of a "not a pushover/not soft" player.

Agree. He'll probably never be a nasty player but he already battles pretty well as a rookie.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Ok I keep forgetting about Kopitar. Dach doesn't have the shot that Lindros has, I always knew that it was hyperbole with Lindros.

I'm convinced that Dach is a young Kopitar.

Yep - I think Kopitar is a better comparison for Dach than Getzlaf. Course, he still has to do what Kopitar has done - right now it's just optimistic projection - but so far so good.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Ok I keep forgetting about Kopitar. Dach doesn't have the shot that Lindros has, I always knew that it was hyperbole with Lindros.

Could be! Kirby was a great two-way player in the Dub, and I'd be shocked if that part of his game didn't translate. Goddamn, though, Chicago. First Toews, now Dach? Give the rest of us a superstar two-way player every once in a while.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA

This Kings fan thought for sure Chicago was going to take Turcotte and we would end up with Kopitar's heir apparent. Doh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad