C Jean-Luc Foudy - Windsor Spitfires, OHL (2020, 75th, COL)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Now that Liam Foudy, his older brother has been drafted, I figure now is a good time to start discussing his younger brother Jean Luc. At 16 years old, he’s an incredible track athlete and sprinter, obviously inherited from his parents. Liam is crazy fast, and Jean Luc has the potential to be even faster, they’re dead even in terms of speed right now. Jean-Luc has committed to the Windsor Spitfires and should be one to watch for 2020.

Jean-Luc Foudy at eliteprospects.com

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
What is with these speed demon brothers lately. First the Hughes bros and now the Foudy brothers. Is this a trait that can be inherited or is it just a coincidence?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
What is with these speed demon brothers lately. First the Hughes bros and now the Foudy brothers. Is this a trait that can be inherited or is it just a coincidence?
I’m going to say it’s somewhat of a coincidence, but it’s also a trend the game is going in.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well, when your father was a track star in University and DB in the CFL, and your mother was an Olympic sprinter, you have better genes than 99.99% of the population with regards to that talent.

Hughes brothers came from a very big hockey family, are all slight and small. Not surprising they are all good skaters.

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
Jean-Luc isn’t the elite skater that Liam is/was but not too far behind.

At the same age JL has shown more skill in puck handling

Reactions: flamebird

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Lets not forget about the McLeod's.

Makes me think of the fact the Stromes and McLeod's who are neighbors. "The Strome's can't skate and the McLeod's can't think."

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Far better than his brother at the same age. Could be a better skater tbh. And he is more talented.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Maybe my comment would be more suited in another discussion but as someone mentionned there's genetics/athletic capabilities.

I'd be interested to know the socio-economic backgroung of all those families too... I would be surprised if they were all middle/lower class people as hockey (especially at elite level) is a veeeery expensive sport.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well, when your father was a track star in University and DB in the CFL, and your mother was an Olympic sprinter, you have better genes than 99.99% of the population with regards to that talent.

Hughes brothers came from a very big hockey family, are all slight and small. Not surprising they are all good skaters.

Genetics huh?

06-very_interesting_photos_22.jpg

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
4 points on Thursday night, plays a very similar game to Liam. A nice goal and three assists. Leads all rookies with points so far, tied with Byfield but played one less game.

I wouldn't say Jean-Luc plays too much like his brother (besides both of them being elite skates). Jean-Luc looks to have a lot more East-West to his game than his brother. Liam is very much an off-the-rush offensive player, whereas Jean-Luc can create more offence once the play is established in the zone.

I think Jean-Luc will be a much better than his brother.

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
Watched this kid play the other day and he looks great, real speedy and great puck carrier. Impressive that he's leading his team in scoring as a 16 year old

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Saw him play for the first time today. Definitely more skilled than his brother. Very good player. Tried to do too much way too often. He was trying to dangle the puck into the net, and was taking too long to release the puck. I don't know if he usually plays like that, but that would be my main concern about his game. Outrageous skater though with a lot of offensive skill. Looks just as fast as his brother, and his edges were absurd. Liam's more north to south. Jean-Luc is a great skater N-S and E-W.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad