C Jean-Luc Foudy - Windsor Spitfires, OHL (2020, 75th, COL)

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
He actually reminds me a little of MacKinnon. People will say thats a big comparison, but I think he's going to be a star. Not saying he'll be as good as MacKinnon, but I don't think the comparison is too lofty.

I can't believe it but...I sort of agree with you that he's gonna be a star. I'll probably eat shit for this prediction, but i've seen this kid do so many impressive things over the years, I think the bad parts of his game can be coached out unlike the Petersons and Stranges of the world who just aren't pro hockey players.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Has 9 points in 17 games this season in the AHL. Really solid all things considered.

I’ve always thought he had better upside than his brother but both still project as 3rd line PKers.

I think that's dramatically underselling his upside. I think he has some of the highest upside in the 2020 draft. There are guys who score 50-60 points in the NHL purely from having a little skill to go along with elite speed. At worst, he meets those minimum requirements. I'd argue he has good skill. There's no reason his ceiling isn't that of a first liner.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I think that's dramatically underselling his upside. I think he has some of the highest upside in the 2020 draft. There are guys who score 50-60 points in the NHL purely from having a little skill to go along with elite speed. At worst, he meets those minimum requirements. I'd argue he has good skill. There's no reason his ceiling isn't that of a first liner.
I agrée that’s his ceiling however I prefer to give a more realistic projection on what he’ll become at the NHL level.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I never watched him in junior so I was surprised to read that he was weak on the puck because in the AHL he played like he was 6.3 against the Condors. Also surprised he was drafted in the third round with his skills and skating. Avs probably have a second liner in him. ELC well earned.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Bit surprised he wasn't invited to the WJC camp, his production hasn't been there in the AHL this season but he is still an underager. I still believe he can progress have an NHL role someday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad