jawandapuck.blogspot.com
478662322.jpg

[NHL]830806[/NHL]

Previous Thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1845641

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
For those who didn't get to see Eichel in the World Championships or want a refresher, I have shift videos from 6 of his games done so far with the other 4 coming soon. I put them all on a YouTube playlist. They're a bit long because I left in some replays, banter, etc, but they're a good way to sit back and see how he performed in these games.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Sports Illustrated: How top NHL draft prospect Jack Eichel is building a pro-ready body

“When I was younger, I was fascinated with becoming an explosive skater,†says Eichel, a Massachusetts native. “I wanted to be faster than everyone else on the ice. I think that’s one of the most important things in the game.

“I figured there was no better way to get faster than just get stronger in the weight room. I definitely take my off-ice workouts and my time in the weight room very seriously. I think of it as an opportunity to become a lot better. It really translates to the ice, in terms of flexibility, strength, coordination, agility and conditioning. I think it all goes in to how you perform.â€

​“I looked at the weight room as a place where I could become a much better hockey player, and I thought it was a great opportunity to be stronger on pucks,†says Eichel. “You look at guys like Sidney Crosby and [Evgeni] Malkin and [Ryan] Getzlaf, and some of the better players in the NHL. [Joanthan] Toews, [Patrick] Kane.

“Those guys are so strong on the puck. You see people try to knock them off the puck, and it doesn’t work. It has a lot to do with their core strength. Obviously, they’re extremely gifted players, but I don’t think any of them would be the player they are if they didn’t put the time in the eight room.â€

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
For those who didn't get to see Eichel in the World Championships or want a refresher, I have shift videos from 6 of his games done so far with the other 4 coming soon. I put them all on a YouTube playlist. They're a bit long because I left in some replays, banter, etc, but they're a good way to sit back and see how he performed in these games.

Thanks, Pax. Good work.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

damn was hoping he'd stay in college 3 more years so he could become a ufa and choose his team. Totally thought he'd pass up millions for the opportunity to do this and it'd be a realistic scenario.....................

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
damn was hoping he'd stay in college 3 more years so he could become a ufa and choose his team. Totally thought he'd pass up millions for the opportunity to do this and it'd be a realistic scenario.....................

I never understood why people thought he was going to do that.

Hell, I heard one of the radio hosts in Boston say something like that, like it was actually a possibility.

Pondslider

Sep 17, 2006
Buffalo
He's only in Buffalo today so that just as he's about to sign the contract he can spit in Murray's face and tear it up while laughing and demanding he's traded to an honorable team (which to be honest is really any other team).

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Dammit! I was hoping he would stick with BU for at least another year for another crack at a National Championship. We have a good group of Freshman coming in, too.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
He's only in Buffalo today so that just as he's about to sign the contract he can spit in Murray's face and tear it up while laughing and demanding he's traded to an honorable team (which to be honest is really any other team).

What are you referring to?

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Dammit! I was hoping he would stick with BU for at least another year for another crack at a National Championship. We have a good group of Freshman coming in, too.

I feel for you guys. It can't be easy seeing him not come back no matter how much of a longshot it was. Still, that must have been a hell of a ride last year for Terriers fans.

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
I feel for you guys. It can't be easy seeing him not come back no matter how much of a longshot it was. Still, that must have been a hell of a ride last year for Terriers fans.

It sure was. I think it was the fact you knew what you were watching was only temporary, so you enjoyed every minute of it. After the Parker debacle, it was uplifting to see the team rise again.

Bonlarvis

Feb 4, 2015
Hamburg NY

He was probably lying when he said in an interview that Buffalo was the team he wanted to go to all along.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
So much for Eichel pulling a Reilly/Schultz and refusing to sign here :sarcasm:

So glad it got done day 1. Every day he wasn't signed would have been a "Eichels going back for his sophomore year or Eichel will finish college and go to free agency and refuse to play for Buffalo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad