Recalled/Assigned: C. Hamilton Up, Bachman Down [UPD: Brossoit reassigned to OKC; Fasth Activated]

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Once Brossoit plays his first game, it means that every pick in the 2011 draft by the Calgary Flames has played an NHL game

intersting, that is pretty insaine. I was telling a freind the other day that Calgary is getting Norris Canidates out of undrafted players (Gio) and rookie of the years players out of the 4th round (Gadreau). meanwhile we can't do **** with 3 1st over all players. Sad.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I say this will be make or break for Hamilton. If he looks remotely useful I expect him to be resigned. If he looks totally useless in our last two games I figure we'll let him go.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
No harm in resigning Hamilton and Miller (among others) to 1 year 2-way deals. They might be waiver eligible, but so what? So was Lander to start this season. Every team has these sort of AHL call-up players in their organizations. I wouldn't "write off" any player until they've played more than 200 professional games (Europe, minors, and NHL). Hamilton was always a project who would top out at a part time NHL bottom 6 player with some PKing ability. Let's see where he's at.

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
No harm in resigning Hamilton and Miller (among others) to 1 year 2-way deals. They might be waiver eligible, but so what? So was Lander to start this season. Every team has these sort of AHL call-up players in their organizations. I wouldn't "write off" any player until they've played more than 200 professional games (Europe, minors, and NHL). Hamilton was always a project who would top out at a part time NHL bottom 6 player with some PKing ability. Let's see where he's at.

There are a hundred better minor pro players out there than Hamilton. See what Baronsfan said....the Jones twins are better. Would rather use the contract on someone that has a future.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
And still managed to string better performances than Scrivens. That says a lot. Both about Bachman as a player and a person, and Scrivens as a ****** goaltender.

Scrivens to me looks like Dubnyk did when he was struggling - its like he lost his confidence and needs to unscrew and rescrew on his head.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Yea and he's about to have a baby. I hope he has a playoff run he can be proud of and enjoy his time off in the summer. He's had a lot of **** to deal with.

no doubt no one should have to play for the oilers

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There are a hundred better minor pro players out there than Hamilton. See what Baronsfan said....the Jones twins are better. Would rather use the contract on someone that has a future.

Maybe they are better AHL players now, but that really means nothing to be honest. It's who has the greater chance at making it to the NHL. Who's skill set will be better suited for the NHL? Maybe it's the twins, maybe it's Hamilton, maybe none of the above. The Jones twins are also older so there is that.

Regardless, I think a lot of the off-season decisions with these types of guys are going to come down to Nelson and Fleming's advice. If Hamilton is re-signed then I trust that his AHL coaches are the reason he's sticking around.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.

hence why you are seeing a fair number of RFA's come up here for a tryout....they want to see what they have and whom shall be re-signed and whom shall not be. and let's not forget that UFA's like Steve Pinnizzoto and Viktor Fasth likely aren't coming back, so there's 2 spots open for UFA's or trade from teams with cap problems like Chicago.

Last edited:

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Scrivens to me looks like Dubnyk did when he was struggling - its like he lost his confidence and needs to unscrew and rescrew on his head.

This

I see so many similarities in the way they have trouble tracking the puck and just losing focus and letting in soft goals.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Per Oilers twitter, Brossoit has been sent back to OKC and Fasth has been activated.

Didn't Nelson JUST SAY that Broissoit deserves to play on merit against Vancouver?

Or is it more or less like Broissoit wanted a real defence and headed to the AHL...

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Didn't Nelson JUST SAY that Broissoit deserves to play on merit against Vancouver?

Or is it more or less like Broissoit wanted a real defence and headed to the AHL...

I believe it has something to do with the # of call ups they've had and Fasth being off injury requires Brossoit to be sent down.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

You gotta feel for Brossoit. He put his head down the moment Marleau scored that goal. When your rookie goalie has a shot at 50 shots shut out in his first NHL game and Schultz makes a lackadaisical play like that. Could have had a moment in history. Thanks Schultz!

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
You gotta feel for Brossoit. He put his head down the moment Marleau scored that goal. When your rookie goalie has a shot at 50 shots shut out in his first NHL game and Schultz makes a lackadaisical play like that. Could have had a moment in history. Thanks Schultz!

He still has a moment in history, most shots faced (?) in a rookie debut or something

But it probably hurts and pains to lose, completely abandoned by the rest of your team. Save Yak.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

meh... you learn more when you give up goals and lose. Rather have him going into the summer break with the loss last night than a 50 save shutout win.

Lots of positive but lots to learn.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

As an emergency recall, Brossoit had to get sent back down once Fasth was activated off IR. No choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad