Recalled/Assigned: C. Hamilton Up, Bachman Down [UPD: Brossoit reassigned to OKC; Fasth Activated]

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Why? Bachman has been great. Do they just want to get a look at Brossoit?

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Both call ups are on an emergency basis and Bachman was loaned to OKC so there aren't any roster changes. This is just to get two guys their first career NHL games before the end of the season.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Why? Bachman has been great. Do they just want to get a look at Brossoit?

Probably to see Brossoit in NHL games (I assume he'll play both), plus after losing his brother Bachman might want to be back with his family. Who knows, but it will be interesting to see what each bring.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Bachman's wife is giving birth soon.

Excited to see Brossoit, he's been impressive for OKC this season. Will also be interesting to see Hamilton. He's got good size and is a solid player at the AHL level, but I don't think he's any real standout qualities that will make him stick in the NHL.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Both call ups are on an emergency basis and Bachman was loaned to OKC so there aren't any roster changes. This is just to get two guys their first career NHL games before the end of the season.

Wouldn't there have to be a roster change if they're on an emergency basis..one down and two up?

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010
LB has been a workhorse in OKC ever since Bachman went up and deserves a shot, hate it for Bachman as he was just settling in it seemed. Congrats to Brossoit and Hamilton, but keep Curtis for as long as you need him..... Really.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Bachman is still defacto starter in OKC right?

Give them back their guy in time for playoff push and take a look at Brossoit in garbage time.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Probably to see Brossoit in NHL games (I assume he'll play both), plus after losing his brother Bachman might want to be back with his family. Who knows, but it will be interesting to see what each bring.

I'm also inclined to think they want Bachman down there gelling with the team for a playoff run and hopefully kickstart them out of the slump (1 win in the last 10 games).

All kinds of angles that could have played into this move and with San Jose eliminated, there isn't even the Spoiler angle to play for tomorrow. Saturday may also mean nothing as Canucks have already clinched and may very well already have home ice clinched as well by puck drop.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Not sure if it's related, but Hendricks isn't on the ice today and Stauffer made it sound like he'll be unlikely to be playing tomorrow. Maybe that's how Hamilton will get in tomorrow's game?

EDIT: Listening to Nelson's presser, he states that Hendricks is "very doubtful" for tomorrow's game, which was his rationale for putting Hamilton in.

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Goes to show you can't write off prospects too early. I didn't even think we should resign Hamilton, but he's taken a big step in his development.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
LB has been a workhorse in OKC ever since Bachman went up and deserves a shot, hate it for Bachman as he was just settling in it seemed. Congrats to Brossoit and Hamilton, but keep Curtis for as long as you need him..... Really.

Has Hamilton been that bad? His numbers look better this year.

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010
Has Hamilton been that bad? His numbers look better this year.

Better than his previous 3 disappointment of years, sure. His numbers were inflated to a real good start of the season when he was on a line with Williams when Williams was hot and leading the league in scoring. He's looked more like Curtis Hamilton we know as season goes on imo., I was hoping being an AHL vet of 4 years he would be more steady and consistent. He is just hardly noticeable except a couple solid plays on the pk from time to time as the season has progressed.

Maybe it was his obligatory season injury (poor kid has bad injury luck) that slowed down his momentum, but if you go off more than just looking at stat sheet the Jones brothers and Winquist have all 3 become more effective players than Curtis as the season wears on, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I understood this as the Oilers are sending Bachman down so he can be with his wife when she gives birth.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
this is just the oilers way of getting suckers like us to watch the last 2 games. lets be honest no one was going to watch but if Broissot is playing i'll probs tune in. hes going to get 2 SO's and we will have him pencilled in for the starter next year. one less thing Mac T has to worry about

oilers83

Feb 14, 2008
this is just the oilers way of getting suckers like us to watch the last 2 games. lets be honest no one was going to watch but if Broissot is playing i'll probs tune in. hes going to get 2 SO's and we will have him pencilled in for the starter next year. one less thing Mac T has to worry about

But imagine all the time he's gonna spend drawing the posters for Broissoits Vezina campaign?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Good to get Brossoit in NHL games. Had a very good rookie AHL season comparable to Gibson and Vaselveskys rookie seasons. If he can play good, could be a huge confidence boost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad