C/F Aidan Park - Shattuck St.Mary's 14 U AAA (2024 Draft)

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Unless you have an inside scoop on this, where are you getting this idea from?

There are 113 '06s that have played games in the USHL this season. Undoubtedly, some of them are worse than Park. It's not like Shattucks U18 doesn't play a lot of USHL teams as is if scouts need film to review him against that level of competition.

The Shattuck U18 team is light years behind the worst USHL team. It's already not easy for USDP... Delusional.

Where are USHL teams in the schedule ?

If he had the level to play for Green Bay, he would play. Will have to wait another year.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The Shattuck U18 team is light years behind the worst USHL team. It's already not easy for USDP... Delusional.

If he had the level to play for Green Bay, he would play. Will have to wait another year.
And whatever public school he would have attended in Green Bay is likely light years behind academically a prep school like Shattucks-St. Mary's. There are other considerations at play. I'm not sure what you're not getting here, kids have been drafted directly out of SSM, were they all not good enough to play in the USHL (where most kids aren't drafted) during their draft year?

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
It could just be Park prefers to play Shattucks over USHL in their 17 year old season before making the jump to the NCAA.

We have seen it with Scott Morrow and Jackson Lacombe in recent years, and will see it again with Zellers and Park this year.

It’s a more unconventional route, but it’s not like they’re not talented because of it. Shattucks is an amazing program, I don’t at all blame these players for wanting to finish off their schooling there.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
And whatever public school he would have attended in Green Bay is likely light years behind academically a prep school like Shattucks-St. Mary's. There are other considerations at play. I'm not sure what you're not getting here, kids have been drafted directly out of SSM, were they all not good enough to play in the USHL (where most kids aren't drafted) during their draft year?
Never said he wouldn't be drafted.

Once again, you are deliberately forgetting the initial debate. It was whether he was better than Cole Eiserman and then whether he was a 1st round prospect. At this point, I'm saying he probably won't be in the 2nd round and there's a chance no team places him in their top 90/100 (rank needed to be selected by a team).

He tried experimenting with USDP and USHL so there was an intention not to stay in Shattuck. His choice of university does not indicate student prestige.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
It could just be Park prefers to play Shattucks over USHL in their 17 year old season before making the jump to the NCAA.

We have seen it with Scott Morrow and Jackson Lacombe in recent years, and will see it again with Zellers and Park this year.

It’s a more unconventional route, but it’s not like they’re not talented because of it. Shattucks is an amazing program, I don’t at all blame these players for wanting to finish off their schooling there.
Except he tried his luck with USDP and Green Bay so the theory seems unlikely.

The players you mention were very far from having the level at 16 to join USDP and USHL. They experienced a much more dazzling trajectory to finally secure a selection in the 2nd round. Which will lead to a career in the minor leagues for Lacombe. Morrow, to see.

I hardly see Park selected in the 2nd round. I remind you once again that initially the debate focused on his level compared to Celebrini/Eiserman and a selection in the 1st round.I don't see why the debate is moved to another level now...Yes Park can be selected 84th in the draft? So what ? That's not the debate.He didn't break through in the USHL until he was 18 and didn't break through in Prep, that's all I wanted to talk about.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
His selection in the draft is not a given and it is not an end in itself.

He will start in the USHL next year and will be in the NCAA in at least 2 years. Maybe in 3. It happens every year that players postpone their entry into the NCAA circuit.

Finally, we must return to the beginning of the exchange. The initial debate was who was stronger between Eiserman and Park. I think that at this level, my perception was the right one. And there is no longer any question of Park being selected in the 1st round.

After 3rd, 7th round or non-drafted it will not change its level. Every year there are undrafted players who are better than players selected in the 3rd round. This often comes down to one scout.

Personally, I have him in my database and he will be in my top 224 because he is a player I know well.

His trajectory is still downward. Not being able to be retained in your USHL team to play the season is a disavowal.

Not a question of age but of trajectory. He is further and further away from the best season after season. This can be seen with the debates. We went from a potential rivalry with Eiserman/Celebrini to knowing if he will have a career in the ECHL.
Why do you care so much? Let's say you end up right, hypothetically.

Why is this a thing to keep discussing? Seems petty. Do you see people bumping the thread of Gibson Homer or Emil Jarventie constantly that they aren't as touted now as before?

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There is one who plays in the top 6 of the USDP and the other who is recalled from the selection of his USHL team after being recalled from the USDP selection. We wonder who is the best... Not even a debate.

It's like everything. When you get stuck in the big ways, you persist. You've already done this to me for American players (Justin Janicke, Charles Stramel) who are currently failing. You never consider the facts.

You construct your narrative as it suits you.

If he decided not to play in the USHL why did he take the chance to join USDP and try to join Green Bay ? Given his statistical record with Green Bay, it would not be surprising if he was not at the competitive level.

Ziemer took Park's place for the final tournament in 2021 and was selected well ahead of Park after the 2022 camps.

Park was there, he introduced himself, he was called back. No debate. It is a fact. Stop inventing a life where Park rejects USDP and USHL because he ultimately prefers to stay stuck in Prep School.
Wait, so you've decided a first round pick (that I did call way in advance) is a loss? Seems to be trending towards a victory, although I would personally wait until the player isn't like 18 or 19 and has proven himself in the NHL. You seem to want to condemn Park at 17. I would wait until we see this fully fleshed out, and we can draw conclusions. You are just speculating. Park is finished because he's going to be drafted later than two of the earliest picks in the draft, he's not going to have a spot at Michigan, he had his place taken by Ziemer, his USHL team didn't want him. The first thing is true (99% of 2024 draftees are) and there's no proof or way of proving at this point the other things.

Stop jumping to conclusions. Let his career play out. If you want to take your victory lap in 5 years when he's playing in Austria, that's a lot more appropriate than when he's 17 years old and clearly looking like a guy that still has a chance to accomplish the NHL dream.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

The players you mention were very far from having the level at 16 to join USDP and USHL. They experienced a much more dazzling trajectory to finally secure a selection in the 2nd round. Which will lead to a career in the minor leagues for Lacombe. Morrow, to see.

I hardly see Park selected in the 2nd round. I remind you once again that initially the debate focused on his level compared to Celebrini/Eiserman and a selection in the 1st round.I don't see why the debate is moved to another level now...Yes Park can be selected 84th in the draft? So what ? That's not the debate.He didn't break through in the USHL until he was 18 and didn't break through in Prep, that's all I wanted to talk about.
It happens all the time where players play in the USHL at the end of their 16/17 year old seasons when their respective prep teams aren’t playing.

This happened last year where Park suited up for the Gamblers final 4 regular season games and all 3 of their playoff games.

If he was willing to play for the Gamblers this season, he would be. He just wanted to stay at Shattucks.

Reactions: WarriorofTime

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

Never said he wouldn't be drafted.

Once again, you are deliberately forgetting the initial debate. It was whether he was better than Cole Eiserman and then whether he was a 1st round prospect. At this point, I'm saying he probably won't be in the 2nd round and there's a chance no team places him in their top 90/100 (rank needed to be selected by a team).

He tried experimenting with USDP and USHL so there was an intention not to stay in Shattuck. His choice of university does not indicate student prestige.
His selection in the draft is not a given and it is not an end in itself.

He will start in the USHL next year and will be in the NCAA in at least 2 years. Maybe in 3. It happens every year that players postpone their entry into the NCAA circuit.

Finally, we must return to the beginning of the exchange. The initial debate was who was stronger between Eiserman and Park. I think that at this level, my perception was the right one. And there is no longer any question of Park being selected in the 1st round.

After 3rd, 7th round or non-drafted it will not change its level. Every year there are undrafted players who are better than players selected in the 3rd round. This often comes down to one scout.

Personally, I have him in my database and he will be in my top 224 because he is a player I know well.

His trajectory is still downward. Not being able to be retained in your USHL team to play the season is a disavowal.

Not a question of age but of trajectory. He is further and further away from the best season after season. This can be seen with the debates. We went from a potential rivalry with Eiserman/Celebrini to knowing if he will have a career in the ECHL.
You keep casually lumping in USNTDP and Green Bay together as one in the same, I'm not sure. Yes, he went to the USDP Camp and was cut from the final roster, nobody is disputing that. That doesn't mean he wasn't good enough to make Green Bay in the USHL this season. You are saying "there was an intention not to stay at Shattuck"... where are you getting this information? You are stating that he certainly would have chosen the Green Bay Gamblers over Shattucks-St Mary's if they had wanted him, but this is a completely baseless statement. These are minors we're discussing, they aren't solely seeking out the best available league to play in at all costs because they are not professionals. They have very important and real life considerations involved that play a role in their decisionmaking.

Shattucks is an elite academic prep school that we know he chose to attend by enrolling when he did, Green Bay is a USHL team that drafted him. Kids can play at a prep school and be prepared for college hockey and be drafted in the NHL (some have even been 1st round picks) and SSM is no different in this respect from some of the other prep schools. I don't know how you can completely disregard the very real (and in my opinion, more likely) scenario that the hockey difference between USHL and SSM this season wasn't high enough to overcome the academic and overall lifestyle (friends, familiarity) difference that SSM provides.

There is a pretty clear indicator when a kid is not good enough to play for the USHL team holding his rights. It's when they are playing in the NAHL and getting called up for a series here and there with the USHL squad if someone is injured or what not. That would mean they've made the choice to jump to Junior Hockey, and if they're playing NAHL games instead of USHL games, it's pretty easy to infer why. This is not the case with Park, who is on a different path by playing a prep school that is still a feeder to NCAA Hockey, like those junior leagues.

As far as the Celebrini/Eisermann stuff, nobody is still debating that with you, so there is no need to continue to beat that dead horse.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Why do you care so much? Let's say you end up right, hypothetically.

Why is this a thing to keep discussing? Seems petty. Do you see people bumping the thread of Gibson Homer or Emil Jarventie constantly that they aren't as touted now as before?
Wait, so you've decided a first round pick (that I did call way in advance) is a loss? Seems to be trending towards a victory, although I would personally wait until the player isn't like 18 or 19 and has proven himself in the NHL. You seem to want to condemn Park at 17. I would wait until we see this fully fleshed out, and we can draw conclusions. You are just speculating. Park is finished because he's going to be drafted later than two of the earliest picks in the draft, he's not going to have a spot at Michigan, he had his place taken by Ziemer, his USHL team didn't want him. The first thing is true (99% of 2024 draftees are) and there's no proof or way of proving at this point the other things.

Stop jumping to conclusions. Let his career play out. If you want to take your victory lap in 5 years when he's playing in Austria, that's a lot more appropriate than when he's 17 years old and clearly looking like a guy that still has a chance to accomplish the NHL dream.
The Pavel Buchnevich method.

Make a peremptory statement to another user. Being wrong over time. Ask for even more time to be right or distort the comments made.

I think that compared to my initial comments (Park not at all on the same level as Celebrini and Eiserman and not 1st round), I can draw a conclusion today.

Never talked about other things. I'm not interested in Park's future performance in the NCAA or ECHL. It will not change anything in the initial debate.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You keep casually lumping in USNTDP and Green Bay together as one in the same, I'm not sure. Yes, he went to the USDP Camp and was cut from the final roster, nobody is disputing that. That doesn't mean he wasn't good enough to make Green Bay in the USHL this season. You are saying "there was an intention not to stay at Shattuck"... where are you getting this information? You are stating that he certainly would have chosen the Green Bay Gamblers over Shattucks-St Mary's if they had wanted him, but this is a completely baseless statement. These are minors we're discussing, they aren't solely seeking out the best available league to play in at all costs because they are not professionals. They have very important and real life considerations involved that play a role in their decisionmaking.

Shattucks is an elite academic prep school that we know he chose to attend by enrolling when he did, Green Bay is a USHL team that drafted him. Kids can play at a prep school and be prepared for college hockey and be drafted in the NHL (some have even been 1st round picks) and SSM is no different in this respect from some of the other prep schools. I don't know how you can completely disregard the very real (and in my opinion, more likely) scenario that the hockey difference between USHL and SSM this season wasn't high enough to overcome the academic and overall lifestyle (friends, familiarity) difference that SSM provides.

There is a pretty clear indicator when a kid is not good enough to play for the USHL team holding his rights. It's when they are playing in the NAHL and getting called up for a series here and there with the USHL squad if someone is injured or what not. That would mean they've made the choice to jump to Junior Hockey, and if they're playing NAHL games instead of USHL games, it's pretty easy to infer why. This is not the case with Park, who is on a different path by playing a prep school that is still a feeder to NCAA Hockey, like those junior leagues.

As far as the Celebrini/Eisermann stuff, nobody is still debating that with you, so there is no need to continue to beat that dead horse.
The age of minority, you can put it away in 3 weeks.

Actually, he did not have the USHL level last year and his production increased very slightly in Prep. Nothing special. Good Prep player, on a global scale, not worth much.

Of the Prep players selected in the 1st round, I don't remember them since I followed the draft (2018 - Jay O'Brien ?). Often the choices are not successful. It may have worked in the 2000s but I have the feeling that it has become increasingly rare for it to work.

I took up the debate several years ago. I'm making an update.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Is he going to play next season with Green Bay? I guess there's no chance on enrolling at Michigan next Fall right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad