C/F Aidan Park - Shattuck St.Mary's 14 U AAA (2024 Draft)

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Okay... What's the point of ripping on him? Doing well for Shattuck Prep and committed to Michigan, meaning he's a better hockey player that 99.99% of the people on here and like 98% of his peers.
Here he was considered a player of the same level or better than Eiserman and Celebrini.

I'm not tearing it up. He's not going to collapse mentally because I say he doesn't play in the USHL.

This is people who sold him so hard as a great player who are torn.

Another example which shows that people only look at the points.

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
It’s not true either.

He’s a good hockey player. He’s not as good as Celebrini and Eiserman. Did anyone ever think he was? As far as I remember, he was always talked about as the third guy.

He will probably go second or third round from prep hockey.
Probably 2nd-3rd round ? I am very skeptical about it.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Still not playing in USHL. Don't dominate his team. He clearly benefited from the presence of Eiserman and Celebrini 3 seasons ago and was probably never in the picture.

Brodie Ziemer had taken his place on the 1st line. Failed at USDP...the coaches knew what they were doing.
Thats not true. He was every bit as good if not better than Celebrini and Eiserman a couple years ago. Difference is that those two improved and Park’s development seems to have stagnated a bit. He was an early bloomer, it happens often
Probably 2nd-3rd round ? I am very skeptical about it.
He will still get drafted. 2nd round is a reach at this point but probably somewhere in rounds 3-5. He was good enough to make NTDP and he was a surprising omission.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It would be interesting to look at USNDTP camp cuts over the years and how they ended up. Also the kids who got demoted from the U-18 team before the U18 Worlds to make room for the U17 standouts. A project for another day I suppose.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Thats not true. He was every bit as good if not better than Celebrini and Eiserman a couple years ago. Difference is that those two improved and Park’s development seems to have stagnated a bit. He was an early bloomer, it happens often

He will still get drafted. 2nd round is a reach at this point but probably somewhere in rounds 3-5. He was good enough to make NTDP and he was a surprising omission.
In 2020-21, he lost his place on the 1st line to the detriment of Brodie Ziemer.

In 2022, he was rejected from the USDP selection.

In 2023/24, he failed to secure a spot in the USHL and is not even the best scorer (and probably player) in his Prep team.

His only weapon is his points accumulated alongside the two best players in the world 3 years ago.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
In 2020-21, he lost his place on the 1st line to the detriment of Brodie Ziemer.

In 2022, he was rejected from the USDP selection.

In 2023/24, he failed to secure a spot in the USHL and is not even the best scorer (and probably player) in his Prep team.

His only weapon is his points accumulated alongside the two best players in the world 3 years ago.
1. Who cares what line he was on at 14U lol. This could have very well just been to even things out. Not to mention he had friggin 133 points in 50 games.....
2. Again who cares, USA Hockey has missed on many players
3. Maybe they thoughts SSM was the best route for his development. Again theres been tons of players who have made it to the NHL taking this route...

Reactions: FrankGallagher

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
1. Who cares what line he was on at 14U lol. This could have very well just been to even things out. Not to mention he had friggin 133 points in 50 games.....
2. Again who cares, USA Hockey has missed on many players
3. Maybe they thoughts SSM was the best route for his development. Again theres been tons of players who have made it to the NHL taking this route...

1. It's your theory. In fact, Brodie Ziemer is clearly better than him today so it is not impossible to think that the coach has already observed this.

2. Yes, but Park has done nothing to deny it. His USHL team didn't call him either. His Prep School stats aren't crazy.

3. In this case, why are you going to do the USDP selection camps if you think that the best route is to stay in Prep School (which seems unconvincing) ?!?

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
1. It's your theory. In fact, Brodie Ziemer is clearly better than him today so it is not impossible to think that the coach has already observed this.

2. Yes, but Park has done nothing to deny it. His USHL team didn't call him either. His Prep School stats aren't crazy.

3. In this case, why are you going to do the USDP selection camps if you think that the best route is to stay in Prep School (which seems unconvincing) ?!?
Dude, not sure what your obsession is about him. Everyone agrees he was an early bloomer. At one point he was in the same conversation as Celebrini and Eiserman, he isn't anymore. There are players like this at the u14 level at literally every single age group. He's got a full boat to Michigan and will get drafted. He will get a free education at an incredible school, probably doesn't become an NHL superstar, but could still play professionally at some capacity if he wanted to

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The way hockey scholarships work, it’s possible he’s more like a 1/4 scholarship to Michigan. May end up going somewhere else. Who knows. Those really early commits have a way of not always holding.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Brodie Ziemer is not clearly better. And they don't even play the same position. Ziemer is a winger. Park is a center. The idea that Ziemer took Park's spot doesn't make sense. Logically, there's room for both, as either could be a fourth line player, if needed.

And the idea that he's not playing USHL this year because his team didn't want him is something there's no proof for. He may have decided on his own to not play USHL.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Dude, not sure what your obsession is about him. Everyone agrees he was an early bloomer. At one point he was in the same conversation as Celebrini and Eiserman, he isn't anymore. There are players like this at the u14 level at literally every single age group. He's got a full boat to Michigan and will get drafted. He will get a free education at an incredible school, probably doesn't become an NHL superstar, but could still play professionally at some capacity if he wanted to
When someone sells me false things, I have the right to take the pleasure of noticing the error.
Michigan is 2 years away and that doesn't guarantee anything. He will play his U19 season in the USHL.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
The way hockey scholarships work, it’s possible he’s more like a 1/4 scholarship to Michigan. May end up going somewhere else. Who knows. Those really early commits have a way of not always holding.
If he is an NHL pick you can almost guarantee he is getting a full ride. He would just go elsewhere if he didn't get one. My point is that a majority of NHL picks get full scholarships wherever they go

When someone sells me false things, I have the right to take the pleasure of noticing the error.
Michigan is 2 years away and that doesn't guarantee anything. He will play his U19 season in the USHL.
Literally everything you have said has zero proof behind it.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Shattucks season ends February 17th, the USHL goes until April 13th. We'll see how many USHL games he appears in once his prep season is complete. He probably opted to play this season at Shattucks, as you can get drafted directly out of Prep schools (and Shattucks in particular) and they're good training ground for NCAA kids. It's not like he is playing in the NAHL, which would be a pretty clear sign he wasn't selected for his team's USHL roster. A kid went 3rd round after playing on Shattucks U18 team last season.

My point on the Michigan stuff is there's still time for him to end up elsewhere, don't know for sure the offer he has, agreed he can get a 100% somewhere in the college hockey world but for those bigger teams, the math is tight. Michigan has 10 drafted players on their 2023-24 roster. Minnesota and BU have 13 each (and BU has Macklin Celebrini who isn't counted yet). Kids also commit really young and then have a way of ending up elsewhere, likely because the offer they committed to isn't as good as the offer they have when it's time to enroll. Dunno Park's specifics.

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
If he is an NHL pick you can almost guarantee he is getting a full ride. He would just go elsewhere if he didn't get one. My point is that a majority of NHL picks get full scholarships wherever they go

Literally everything you have said has zero proof behind it.
NHL draft lists are full of players who were out early and never had a professional career.

You can continue to cling to the idea that Aidan Park planned everything like you say. The fact is that he doesn't even play in a junior league and that his entry into the NCAA circuit will take place during the 2025/26 season.

So I think my skepticism is legitimized. Currently, all my previous comments have aged very well.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Morrow played prep at an even slightly older age his pre-draft year with no USHL games and still went 40th overall.

Now, before our resident stats guy jumps in - for sure, Morrow profiles as a much better athlete and led the SSM prep in scoring that year as a blueliner. Pretty similar scoring pace to Park his pre-draft but obviously a defenseman.

I’m just saying, him playing prep at SSM is not a death-sentence to his draft stock. Especially because it is well known that his bread-and-butter is his two-way acumen and he’s still scoring well. Scouts will still be all over that team with guys like Park and Zellers plus Ryker Lee and especially Mikey Berchild for down the road. He might not be anything more than a mid-round flyer but that’s ok.

Also he may very well enter college next fall in 2024. Recruiting classes are far from set. So the idea that he’s not playing college until 2025 isn’t even verifiable. Guys have and can skip straight from high level prep to NCAA without a USHL season.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I have a feeling Park’s spot will get filled by someone else especially the 25 class is so stacked

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I have a feeling Park’s spot will get filled by someone else especially the 25 class is so stacked
Yeah there are things short of outright dropping a kid that a program can do to not have to revoke an offer and say they stood by it, but that accomplish what they'd like if they want to open up a roster spot.

"That offer you committed to when you were 16? It's still good, but you can't join us until you're a 21 year old freshman that's exhausted Junior eligibility and played an overage season, and we're only going to give you a 25 % scholarship, and we reckon you'll be out of the lineup more than in your first year... so if wearing the Maize & Blue is your lifelong dream, we'll see you then.. if you want to shop around and use a Michigan Commitment as leverage to end up in a more favorable spot for you, we won't be offended."

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah there are things short of outright dropping a kid that a program can do to not have to revoke an offer and say they stood by it, but that accomplish what they'd like if they want to open up a roster spot.

"That offer you committed to when you were 16? It's still good, but you can't join us until you're a 21 year old freshman that's exhausted Junior eligibility and played an overage season, and we're only going to give you a 25 % scholarship, and we reckon you'll be out of the lineup more than in your first year... so if wearing the Maize & Blue is your lifelong dream, we'll see you then.. if you want to shop around and use a Michigan Commitment as leverage to end up in a more favorable spot for you, we won't be offended."
Yup... or, "Congratulations, you're on the team as we agreed three years ago. There's your spot down at the end of the bench."

Most players figure it out, take the L, and move on.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This slope is getting way too slippery.

Park is 17 years old. He’s not 27. He isn’t even old enough to have been drafted into the NHL yet.

Acting like his career is over is insane, and it’s one guy patting himself on the back for deciphering the box scores well years back that he was worse than Celebrini and Eiserman at a time no one should be caring about box scores for the 2024 eligibles.

Park will not have his spot taken at Michigan. The post earlier saying you will have a spot on any team if you are a draft pick is a good rule of thumb. Park will be drafted. He’s not some small, skill forward that needs top 6 or bust. He can play anywhere in the lineup. If he wants to play for Michigan, he will. There’s no indication he doesn’t want to. This is a stupid discussion.

And just because Park isn’t going to be selected where Celebrini and Eiserman are doesn’t make him a failure or bust. Was anyone here watching him play back then or only looking at the boxscores? He may never have been that caliber of player. It happens all the time where players are touted as future early first round picks before they get to juniors, and then when they get there you see clearly that they don’t have the ability for it.

He will get drafted somewhere between the 2nd and 5th rounds. He still has half a season to prove a more defined range, and then he’ll continue on next season. Don’t condemn his hockey career because he hasn’t met expectations that might have been completely warped to begin with.

Reactions: LeProspector

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
This slope is getting way too slippery.

Park is 17 years old. He’s not 27. He isn’t even old enough to have been drafted into the NHL yet.

Acting like his career is over is insane, and it’s one guy patting himself on the back for deciphering the box scores well years back that he was worse than Celebrini and Eiserman at a time no one should be caring about box scores for the 2024 eligibles.

Park will not have his spot taken at Michigan. The post earlier saying you will have a spot on any team if you are a draft pick is a good rule of thumb. Park will be drafted. He’s not some small, skill forward that needs top 6 or bust. He can play anywhere in the lineup. If he wants to play for Michigan, he will. There’s no indication he doesn’t want to. This is a stupid discussion.

And just because Park isn’t going to be selected where Celebrini and Eiserman are doesn’t make him a failure or bust. Was anyone here watching him play back then or only looking at the boxscores? He may never have been that caliber of player. It happens all the time where players are touted as future early first round picks before they get to juniors, and then when they get there you see clearly that they don’t have the ability for it.

He will get drafted somewhere between the 2nd and 5th rounds. He still has half a season to prove a more defined range, and then he’ll continue on next season. Don’t condemn his hockey career because he hasn’t met expectations that might have been completely warped to begin with.
His selection in the draft is not a given and it is not an end in itself.

He will start in the USHL next year and will be in the NCAA in at least 2 years. Maybe in 3. It happens every year that players postpone their entry into the NCAA circuit.

Finally, we must return to the beginning of the exchange. The initial debate was who was stronger between Eiserman and Park. I think that at this level, my perception was the right one. And there is no longer any question of Park being selected in the 1st round.

After 3rd, 7th round or non-drafted it will not change its level. Every year there are undrafted players who are better than players selected in the 3rd round. This often comes down to one scout.

Personally, I have him in my database and he will be in my top 224 because he is a player I know well.

His trajectory is still downward. Not being able to be retained in your USHL team to play the season is a disavowal.

Not a question of age but of trajectory. He is further and further away from the best season after season. This can be seen with the debates. We went from a potential rivalry with Eiserman/Celebrini to knowing if he will have a career in the ECHL.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Not being able to be retained in your USHL team to play the season is a disavowal.
Unless you have an inside scoop on this, where are you getting this idea from?

There are 113 '06s that have played games in the USHL this season. Undoubtedly, some of them are worse than Park. It's not like Shattucks U18 doesn't play a lot of USHL teams as is if scouts need film to review him against that level of competition.

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Brodie Ziemer is not clearly better. And they don't even play the same position. Ziemer is a winger. Park is a center. The idea that Ziemer took Park's spot doesn't make sense. Logically, there's room for both, as either could be a fourth line player, if needed.

And the idea that he's not playing USHL this year because his team didn't want him is something there's no proof for. He may have decided on his own to not play USHL.
There is one who plays in the top 6 of the USDP and the other who is recalled from the selection of his USHL team after being recalled from the USDP selection. We wonder who is the best... Not even a debate.

It's like everything. When you get stuck in the big ways, you persist. You've already done this to me for American players (Justin Janicke, Charles Stramel) who are currently failing. You never consider the facts.

You construct your narrative as it suits you.

If he decided not to play in the USHL why did he take the chance to join USDP and try to join Green Bay ? Given his statistical record with Green Bay, it would not be surprising if he was not at the competitive level.

Ziemer took Park's place for the final tournament in 2021 and was selected well ahead of Park after the 2022 camps.

Park was there, he introduced himself, he was called back. No debate. It is a fact. Stop inventing a life where Park rejects USDP and USHL because he ultimately prefers to stay stuck in Prep School.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad