C Emil Bemstrom - Djugardens IF, SHL (2017, 117th, CBJ)

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
ANY CHAnce he ends back in Europe this year? He would have to remain on CbJ the whole season.

He’s looked good so far I think.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think he'll stick around but in typical Torts fashion he isnt in the greatest position to succeed. I look at Buffalo with Olofsson and think it must be nice to put your young guys in positions to succeed instead of having such a short leash they play more timid offensively

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I think he'll stick around but in typical Torts fashion he isnt in the greatest position to succeed. I look at Buffalo with Olofsson and think it must be nice to put your young guys in positions to succeed instead of having such a short leash they play more timid offensively

What the hell are you talking about? They literally have a rookie who just turned 20 (a few months younger than Bemstrom) on their top line with their 21 year old top line C.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
What the hell are you talking about? They literally have a rookie who just turned 20 (a few months younger than Bemstrom) on their top line with their 21 year old top line C.

Tex is averaging just above 16 minutes TOI a game this season which is just the 4th most of all forwards on the roster this season. Sure, he's playing on the top line but as far as i'm concerned, that's not top line minutes.

I've never once saw your name pop up on the CBJ board, so leave it to us CBJ fans who actually watch the games, to know exactly how Torts is utilizing his players.

btw, this is a Emil thread, not a tex thread. thx.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
When the hell did Texier-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand become the top line? Pretty garbage interpretation of my comment but there is always one I suppose

Reactions: brakeyawself

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Tex is averaging just above 16 minutes TOI a game this season which is just the 4th most of all forwards on the roster this season. Sure, he's playing on the top line but as far as i'm concerned, that's not top line minutes.

I've never once saw your name pop up on the CBJ board, so leave it to us CBJ fans who actually watch the games, to know exactly how Torts is utilizing his players.

btw, this is a Emil thread, not a tex thread. thx.

Solid lack of logic on the whole post. Well done. Just because someone doesn't post on a board frequently it doesn't mean they don't watch games. And Yes, I realize this is a Bemstrom thread, but it was argued that Torts does not give offensive opportunities to young players. Which I am showing is absolutely false.

Perhaps if you weren't so busy posting on the "CBJ board" you'd actually watch the games, and realize Texier is getting prime offensive minutes. Sure he's 4th in toi amongst forwards but he's 1st in even strength minutes and getting mins on the 2nd pp unit WITH Bemstrom.

Young players such as Bemstrom are getting a fair shake. It's crazy that you think players should be gifted minutes... much less in their first few NHL games.

Last edited:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Tex is averaging just above 16 minutes TOI a game this season

It has only been 3 games and one of the games he didn't play a lot, because we were on the PK a ton. Also, he may only be 4th in TOI for forwards, but he is first in TOI for LW'ers. The more important question is how does he compare to the other forwards when it comes to even strength TOI?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Olofsson played all of last year in the AHL and did great. If you want to make that comparison, Bemstrom should go down and prove it.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Olofsson played all of last year in the AHL and did great. If you want to make that comparison, Bemstrom should go down and prove it.
Not a terrible idea at all. I actually think many Europeans should spend time in the AHL as its an underrated league and great way to learn what is in many ways a very different game. Bemstrom is ahead of Olofsson at the same age but the reason I chose Olofsson as my comparable is they are both still learning the all around game but have 1 near elite trait and that is a shot. I like that Buffalo was willing to give him a chance to use his greatest weapon on the PP and luckily in their case Olofsson in turn proved ready for more 5v5 minutes. Confidence is a hell of a thing, give a guy a chance and who knows you can have a guy exceed current expectations like Dubois did

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Still not 10 games in, but I’m pleasantly surprised by Bemstroms play so far. He has just 1 assist, but with his shot and offensive instincts, have to have a bit of faith that points will come in time. He’s proven himself elsewhere in that regard that he has earned some room to acclimate.

What’s most surprising I think is that he’s looked more like a complete player than advertised. He’s pretty gritty, doesn’t seem to mind contact and has been fairly responsible in his own half of the ice.

As he’s still learning and acclimating to the NHL there of course will be mistakes and bad games. But I really think he’s doing enough all around to stick with CBJ. And as good as he is offensively, the 1 Point isn’t that worrying yet.
He will earn himself more ice time playing as he has for the most part.
I think he is a steal for CBJ ultimately.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Still not 10 games in, but I’m pleasantly surprised by Bemstroms play so far. He has just 1 assist, but with his shot and offensive instincts, have to have a bit of faith that points will come in time. He’s proven himself elsewhere in that regard that he has earned some room to acclimate.

What’s most surprising I think is that he’s looked more like a complete player than advertised. He’s pretty gritty, doesn’t seem to mind contact and has been fairly responsible in his own half of the ice.

As he’s still learning and acclimating to the NHL there of course will be mistakes and bad games. But I really think he’s doing enough all around to stick with CBJ. And as good as he is offensively, the 1 Point isn’t that worrying yet.
He will earn himself more ice time playing as he has for the most part.
I think he is a steal for CBJ ultimately.

6 shots on goal tonight by Bemstrom. We will agree he's due for a lucky bounce soon enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad