C Emil Bemstrom - Djugardens IF, SHL (2017, 117th, CBJ)

tcat84

Sep 15, 2014
Leading the league in goals in the SHL as a 19yr old playing 13 minutes a night. Has to be the most underrated prospect on HFBoards.

Well it seems like the majority of HFboards loves the next wave of draft eligible guys. Once a guy has been drafted he's old news.

Also I'd say he's one of the most underrated in general, especially when Pettersson set the bar so high in u20 SHL scoring, Bemstrom just looks like an average player in comparison which isn't fair.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Visul

Dec 22, 2015
Scored his 21st of the season with an easy backdoor tip-in in the first period.

E: And guess who was first on a rebound and roofed to puck. 22 it is now and still 15 minutes to go in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackets16

Visul

Dec 22, 2015
Kid is nasty. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he makes the roster next season, especially if/when Panarin and co. move on.
I think Bemström is physically close to NHL ready. His weight is already 190lb and I'm impressed by his lower body strength. He protects the puck very well and is hard to knock off the puck in battles. Add this to above average skating, slick puck-handling ability and elite shot and you've got quite a complete offensive threat for smaller ice.

He is a pure RW so his big challenge is to surpass someone in the RW depth chart (Atkinson, Björkstrand, Anderson, Dubinsky). Atkinson is out of question, Anderson has solified his top9 status and I think CBJ wants to give Björkstrand every opportunity possible to success as they know his potential. Getting roster spot straight from the camp is hard to achieve so I can see him starting in the AHL adjusting to the NA game and waiting for his turn with the big team. If Wennberg is still around next season his playmaking ability could be a nice fit for Bemström's nose for the net. (BTW Wennberg was drafted from Bemström's current team Djurgården.)

With 23 goals Emil is now in the 3rd spot for the most goals in a SHL season by a U20 player. Tied with scrubs called Forsberg, Sandström and Hörnqvist and one goal shy of Elias Pettersson's 24. Djurgården has 2 games left so Kenta Nilsson's 28 is unreachable.

Visul

Dec 22, 2015
SHL Rookie of the year.

He had pretty decent playoffs scoring 5+5=10 in 19 games. It's noteworthy that he played some games at center in semi finals and finals.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
SHL Rookie of the year.

He had pretty decent playoffs scoring 5+5=10 in 19 games. It's noteworthy that he played some games at center in semi finals and finals.

Bemström played center a lot when he was younger with Leksand. Chances of him playing center at the NHL level are very low, he's a pure winger in my book.

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
Why is nobody talking about this kid?

Makes me nervous.

Jarmo makes it sound like he is the next great talent.

Has anyone watched him enough to agree or disagree with this? Super odd the GM loves him so much but really can’t find squat on him.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden

Makes me nervous.

Has anyone watched him enough to agree or disagree with this? Super odd the GM loves him so much but really can’t find squat on him.

He got a great aim and timing when he shoots. Dont know if he has enough elite skills for the rest his game, to translate this to the NHL or not I guess we'll see. But yeah he got a nice accurate one-timer suited for powerplay.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Makes me nervous.

I like Bemström's upside and I think he's a safe bet to become a good NHL player. Probably the best drafted Swedish forward prospect along with David Gustafsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad