Columbus, Ohio
F5AlWenK.jpeg

Birthyear: 1996-07-30
Birthplace: Detroit, MI
Position: C/LW
Shoots: L
Height: 183 cm / 6'0"
Weight: 78 kg / 172 lbs

Ranked 17th among N. American skaters on CSS midterm rankings, yet I can't find a ton about him.

"Larkin has shown he can be an elite-level power forward in addition to showing a high level of offensive ability. His ability to take the puck hard to the net allows for unique scoring chances most players would not be able get because of a lack of size and strength."

Sounds good from what I have found though... Is he under the radar or something? First rounder? Second round steal? I'm always the worst when it comes to predicting/mocking drafts lol

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Most people have him middle of the 1st round. His name pops up a little less than Tuch and Milano just because statistically their line with Eichel has been so prolific this year. But he's had a great year in his own right as well, just tends to not be put in the same conversation with them because he plays on a different line. He's been a big riser in the past 2 years, shown a lot of maturity and poise in his game. He's really physically matured too, putting on 20+ lbs since starting at the NTDP.

Last edited by a moderator:

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
Has been great all year for the NTDP. Plays all three zones of the ice, has excellent vision and is a great overall skater. Works very hard centering his line. He plays a very important role on that team and quietly and consistently gets the job done.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Bump.

Kind of surprised there isn't more talk about Larkin.

His game reminds me of Max Pacioretty.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I am really hoping the Wild take him, and it looks like they might based on projections of where he goes and where the Wild finish up. He seems like the type of player this organization really covets.

Galvatron

Right here and now, boy
Mar 22, 2006
PNW
I'd like to hear from the folks who saw Larkin's performance in the Five Nations Tournament in February.

Leading the US U18 team in goal scoring in that tournament seems like quite a performance, but that's based on reading stats and reports. Your input is appreciated.

Last edited:

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Whoever drafts him should convinced him to come to Erie. :D

The Maple Leafs convinced Biggs to go to Oshawa after one year and D'Amigo to go to Kitchener after a year at RPI.

Larkin is a Maple Leafs fan and it looks like he's slotted to go in the range where the Leafs are picking.

It's possible.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
It's hard for me to see Larkin putting up many points at all in the NHL, but he is going to be a valuable player because of all the little things he does. He is an everydayer, brings it every shift and game. I really don't see the offensive upside. His pucks skills and playmaking ability do not say top-six to me but he can be a beast on the PK and a great checker. He's probably going to have some pretty decent points in college because of his speed and tenacity and how hard he will work, also has a heavy shot he can get off. But like I said, I see him as a third line centre. Big fan of his character and work ethic.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
It's hard for me to see Larkin putting up many points at all in the NHL, but he is going to be a valuable player because of all the little things he does. He is an everydayer, brings it every shift and game. I really don't see the offensive upside. His pucks skills and playmaking ability do not say top-six to me but he can be a beast on the PK and a great checker. He's probably going to have some pretty decent points in college because of his speed and tenacity and how hard he will work, also has a heavy shot he can get off. But like I said, I see him as a third line centre. Big fan of his character and work ethic.

PPG player while predominately centering the 2nd line pretty impressive. IMO you are underestimating his offense a little bit. He won't knock your socks off but I see a solid offensive skill set. See him as a .5-.7 PPG, strong two way player in the NHL (a 2C).

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
PPG player while predominately centering the 2nd line pretty impressive. IMO you are underestimating his offense a little bit. He won't knock your socks off but I see a solid offensive skill set. See him as a .5-.7 PPG, strong two way player in the NHL (a 2C).

I still think he is going to score in college, but just have a hard time seeing him create a ton of offense in the NHL, it's not easy to score in that league. Does a ton of the little things right though, like I said I am a fan. Difference of opinion, I am generally conservative when I project offense. I think he would be a pick you would have to be pretty happy about if you got him in the 20-30 range.

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
Has been great all year for the NTDP. Plays all three zones of the ice, has excellent vision and is a great overall skater. Works very hard centering his line. He plays a very important role on that team and quietly and consistently gets the job done.

And here's an example: creates the turnover in the neutral zone and finishes it off in the offensive zone.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
As much as I want the JETS to select Ehlers or even Nylander because I believe they need to add a high skilled scorer, I have convinced myself that Larkin will be their man at # 9. I would be be happy if he was their guy.

The Jets have a history of drafting players that are committed t Michigan.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I'd be all over this kid if I were the Caps. So much skills on the wings, an all-around, conscientious future 2C would be exactly what they could use. Drafting for need isn't the best way to go about things, but if I were MacLellan, and Fleury was gone, I'd have no hesitation taking Larkin.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
As much as I want the JETS to select Ehlers or even Nylander because I believe they need to add a high skilled scorer, I have convinced myself that Larkin will be their man at # 9. I would be be happy if he was their guy.

The Jets have a history of drafting players that are committed t Michigan.

Larkin and J.T. Compher will be one hell of a two-way duo for Michigan.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com
If he makes it out of the top 10,

Nashville takes him at #11

Wouldn't shock me. I'm a huge fan of Larkin. Once I saw him enough to convince myself that he had enough offense so that he could be more than a 3rd liner, his stock obviously increased for me. We have him ranked 9th at HP and I'm not predicting it, but wouldn't be shocked if he went off the board before our ranking.

High end player with seemingly very little bust risk. Nice combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad