C Carson Rehkopf - Kitchener Rangers, OHL (2023, 50th, SEA)

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Rehkopf has pro tools, he just needs to develop consistent pro habits. The turnovers, the sometimes lazy backchecks, the fading to bad angles to shoot wide, rimming it around the boards, etc. All things he can be taught. Will he learn them? If so, he'll be just fine.

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Have you been following him closely? How is he looking to start this season vs. last and what are some reasonable expectations for him at the NHL level?
I’ve seen every game. He’s a different player this year. He has always had great physical tools - big, fast and wicked shot. What he lacked was defensive effort and passing.

The new coaches have the whole team back checking like fiends, causing turnovers and then close puck support to generate better looks off quick passes. It has made Rehkopf far more dimensional and looking more like he should.

Hard to project just yet, but he has top 6 tools if he continues the mental progression.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Have you been following him closely? How is he looking to start this season vs. last and what are some reasonable expectations for him at the NHL level?
Kitchener season ticket holder here.

He has been playing much better this year. Amazing what better coaching can do.

In my opinion he is just next to Colby Barlow for having the best shot in the OHL. He gets it off much faster this year and it is really accurate. He has committed to defence a lot more. He will never be a penalty killer but he hustles a lot more than last year. He tries to do things by himself a little too much at times but he has the skill level to pull it off. He has been looking to pass the puck more this year. He isn’t a physical player despite his size but he has played the body more this year too.

They are only 7 games into the season but his all round game has vastly improved since last year.

Reactions: LewisIggy

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Kitchener season ticket holder here.

He has been playing much better this year. Amazing what better coaching can do.

In my opinion he is just next to Colby Barlow for having the best shot in the OHL. He gets it off much faster this year and it is really accurate. He has committed to defence a lot more. He will never be a penalty killer but he hustles a lot more than last year. He tries to do things by himself a little too much at times but he has the skill level to pull it off. He has been looking to pass the puck more this year. He isn’t a physical player despite his size but he has played the body more this year too.

They are only 7 games into the season but his all round game has vastly improved since last year.
You are welcome:cool:

Jussi Ahokas is a very good coach.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
nice production development each season.

under 0.50 ppg in his rookie season
almost 1.00 ppg in his draft season
almost 2.00 ppg in his 18 year old season, draft+1

17+11=28 (1.90 ppg), is +11 with 40 sog, about 100 face-off wins and 12 pim

Last edited:
Reactions: inxs and Antonche

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
Was quite shocked he fell to 50 on draft day. I know he wasn’t the trendiest name in online circles but I figured a team woulda bet on his tools a lot earlier. And that so far seems like it would’ve been a pretty good bet…

Mar 12, 2009
Was quite shocked he fell to 50 on draft day. I know he wasn’t the trendiest name in online circles but I figured a team woulda bet on his tools a lot earlier. And that so far seems like it would’ve been a pretty good bet…
He had consistency issues last year, but the coaching was uniquely horrible. Seattle assuming whatever issues he had were largely the coach and team situation is paying off well so far.

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
I think Seattle will try and put this guy on the wing with Wright or Beniers. If him, Firkus, and Sale pan out that offense is going to be scary.

Reactions: Trizz617

rsteen

Oct 1, 2022
I think Seattle will try and put this guy on the wing with Wright or Beniers. If him, Firkus, and Sale pan out that offense is going to be scary.
Nyman too. They've given themselves a lot of shots at some of these kids panning out.

Reactions: Trizz617

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad