C Brad Lambert - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2022 Draft) part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
JYP is a disaster from looking at how they play aswell, they never drive the play, not a good team for Lambert to play in even if his role is bigger, they plain and simple suck badly.
He is playing with two relics, Immonen and Tuppurainen. I think Lambert would benefit of playing with some more dynamic linemates, does he even play PP?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
JYP plays like trash, I wouldn't pay to go watch them either. What a joke of an on-ice product.

As for Lambert, unfortunately he has to play with Immonen and Tuppurainen. He's been the best player on the line but there's only so much one can do on his own. They should mix it up.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
He is playing with two relics, Immonen and Tuppurainen. I think Lambert would benefit of playing with some more dynamic linemates, does he even play PP?
He plays on the 2nd PP unit from what i've seen. Immonen and Tuppurainen aren't really ideal for him to play with.. Imagine Lambert on Ilves playing with Maccelli and Jarventie..

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
JYP plays like trash, I wouldn't pay to go watch them either. What a joke of an on-ice product.

It probably has little to do with the product, every team I checked has failed to even reach the socially distanced arena capacity, people just do not want to go public events.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
He plays on the 2nd PP unit from what i've seen. Immonen and Tuppurainen aren't really ideal for him to play with.. Imagine Lambert on Ilves playing with Maccelli and Jarventie..

They have smallest player on the team Turkulainen playing netfront in the first PP unit, instead Puistola who is actually very good there kinda says it all.

As for Lambert he should be running the PP1, not Immonen, Kalapudas or Tuppurainen.

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Sooo saskatoon it is?..

Not necessarily.
Lambert is a player who every SM liiga team wants.
But if the season has to be suspended and eventually canceled due to Covid19
then i can see Lambert reporting to Saskatoon ( if there is WHL season 2020-2021).

Hntz

Jan 6, 2018
Care to elaborate what you’re talking about?
JYP’s financial troubles?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
He's looking just as weak as the rest of the team, this is not a case of "The kid's hanging onto the puck dishing it left and right while no one can finish or pass". Lambert can't hold onto the puck for more than 2 seconds, he gets bullied off of it immediately. The dude is too scrawny. It's obvious that he's a smart player with great skill, but I think he should be playing against teens.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
He's looking just as weak as the rest of the team, this is not a case of "The kid's hanging onto the puck dishing it left and right while no one can finish or pass". Lambert can't hold onto the puck for more than 2 seconds, he gets bullied off of it immediately. The dude is too scrawny. It's obvious that he's a smart player with great skill, but I think he should be playing against teens.
Agreed 100%.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013

Pretty much. You can see he is good skaters, great IQ etc, but he can't hold puck at all yet.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
The negotiations are over, the players agreed to play two months with reduced pay. The head coach did not, and he is laid off until december, I wonder how that will work out...

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
The negotiations are over, the players agreed to play two months with reduced pay. The head coach did not, and he is laid off until december, I wonder how that will work out...

Jukka Varmanen is head coach now. He won gold with U20 as assistant coach. Dont think he is going to be problem.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Lamberts biggest problem is physicality. He is 181cm and 78kg. He is really scrawny and way too easy to toss around. Remember that he is only 16 (well soon 17)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Lamberts biggest problem is physicality. He is 181cm and 78kg. He is really scrawny and way too easy to toss around. Remember that he is only 16 (well soon 17)

What i read from JYP board in jatkoaika.com the risk of JYP's bankrupt is still possible but not serious.
It's absolutely easy to say now Lambert should have think twice before he leaved from HIFK.

But i can understand that why he did what he did.
And as a HIFK fan i can agree with that Jarno Pikkarainen is not that coach what Lambert needs.

But if the worse happen and JYP is history before this season is even over
then where Lambert should go next Lambert is not enough strong to be full-time SM liiga player.

So what are the options ?
reporting to Saskatoon blades is probably one
but how about going to Frölunda or Skellefteå AIK juniors or mestis loan etc.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Yeah, this must definitely be why he hasn’t crushed Liiga so far. The same reason why these guys just will never make it in the NHL:

Artemi Panarin at eliteprospects.com

Patrick Kane at eliteprospects.com

Johnny Gaudreau at eliteprospects.com

The other option could be of course that although Lambert is a super fast and skilled skater for his age, he doesn’t (at least so far) seem to have a really extraordinary hockey IQ that you need to have if you are a bit scrawnier type of a player. Honestly his hockey IQ hasn’t convinced me so far on him being an absolute super talent. He is still so young though, that I’m not claiming that he will not develop immensely by all means. But unfortunately I haven’t so far seen anything special in his hockey IQ, which does make me quite much doubt that he will become a sure NHL superstar one day.

I’m quite sure that he will become even a pretty good NHL player at some point. But so far I haven’t seen really any signs of the really special hockey IQ that only the truly special superstar players have. And it is something a player always has to have to ever become a truly special superstar.

Speed demon kind of skating and even pretty good hockey IQ will not take you there. With that kind of a skillset you can for sure be a pretty good NHL player, but you need clearly more to become a true NHL superstar.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I’m quite sure that he will become even a pretty good NHL player at some point. But so far I haven’t seen really any signs of the really special hockey IQ that only the truly special superstar players have. And it is something a player always has to have to ever become a truly special superstar.

Well if is Liiga team is awful and plays with no structure there's only so much a 16 year old can do.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Well if is Liiga team is awful and plays with no structure there's only so much a 16 year old can do.
I don’t really buy that. He has been playing with JYP:s best players that have been able to be quite efficient even while playing some games with him.

He definitely has the the skating and the puck handling skills to become even a good NHL player at some point. But he isn’t really that scrawny that he shouldn’t be doing already pretty well in Liiga, if he is supposed to be a real superstar class of a talent.

I just really don’t see any special hockey IQ in him. If he really had it, he should be already doing well in Liiga even with the frame that he has at the moment and especially with his magnificent skating and also good puck handling skills.

Liiga already now with good and experienced players is for him in fact a good hockey IQ test, which should exactly prove if he has exceptional hockey IQ or not. So far he has been unfortunately pretty much failing the test.

Of course the season is still young as he is also, so lets see how it really goes for him the further the season advances. But so far I haven’t been impressed with his play and especially with his hockey IQ.

julkki

Oct 27, 2015
I don’t really buy that. He has been playing with JYP:s best players that have been able to be quite efficient even while playing some games with him.

He definitely has the the skating and the puck handling skills to become even a good NHL player at some point. But he isn’t really that scrawny that he shouldn’t be doing already pretty well in Liiga, if he is supposed to be a real superstar class of a talent.

I just really don’t see any special hockey IQ in him. If he really had it, he should be already doing well in Liiga even with the frame that he has at the moment and especially with his magnificent skating and also good puck handling skills.

Liiga already now with good and experienced players is for him in fact a good hockey IQ test, which should exactly prove if he has exceptional hockey IQ or not. So far he has been unfortunately pretty much failing the test.

Of course the season is still young as he is also, so lets see how it really goes for him the further the season advances. But so far I haven’t been impressed with his play and especially with his hockey IQ.

I don't know, I went actually to JYP-Saipa in the last week. I thought that his skillset was clearly to be seen. So smooth and fast as hell. I agree that he didn't make any special-kind of plays, but the main reason was that he was overwhelmed in every 1vs1 physically.

He is extremely high-skilled and level-headed. He'll be a good one.

And I don't know if it's possible that there would ever come a player caliber like Patrick Kane from Finland, so stop the hype-train.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
People need to calm down. He has all the talent to be a 1OA pick. He’s struggling in pro hockey. Most players do not even reach pro hockey until after they are drafted. Lambert is over a year and a half away from being drafted. Let him develop. He’d be dominating if you put him in juniors.

Reactions: wetcoast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad