C Brad Lambert - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2022 Draft) part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
His family is from Saskatoon are they not?

Yes his family is from the area and his father+uncle both played for the Blades in the past. Also his uncle Dale Lambert was recently hired as the head coach of the Saskatoon Contacts Midget AAA team(has Brayden Yager, Riley Heidt, Kalan Lind, Berkly Catton)

I think staying in Finland would be good for him but like I said in his 1st thread if there is a chl team that could get him to come over it's Saskatoon.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Has he "officially" played for Finland yet?
If I can guess at what you’re really asking, he’s not locked into representing Finland by IIHF rules yet.

It would be awesome if he came back to Canada. Not only would I love to watch him play in Saskatoon, it would be hilarious to watch how certain posters would change their narrative regarding him.

Reactions: themelkman

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If I can guess at what you’re really asking, he’s not locked into representing Finland by IIHF rules yet.

It would be awesome if he came back to Canada. Not only would I love to watch him play in Saskatoon, it would be hilarious to watch how certain posters would change their narrative regarding him.
You guessed right. :)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I think JYP will be on a short leash. They better play him or he probably leaves. He's already shown that he's willing to move teams often.

JYP really isn't on any short leash.
Lambert's needs to self earn his spot JYP's liiga team
and if he can't do that then he will play A juniors or Mestis.

16 yrs old teenage kid does not dictate any conditions to SM liiga teams coaching staff.
None SM liiga team can't prefer 16 yrs old kid just because he's TOP prospect in NHL draft.

Even SM liiga teams have own pecking order.
And in that order a 16-year-old junior is the lowest SM liiga is not junior league it's men's league.

You're right on that Brad Lambert is already shown that
he's ready to change the team if things won't go his way.

But i think that's more about Brad's father who's keeping his son on the leach
than Brad's character or personality.

But in the bigger picture that changing teams often is not good sign
if / when that comes some tradition or bad habit.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
JYP really isn't on any short leash.
Lambert's needs to self earn his spot JYP's liiga team
and if he can't do that then he will play A juniors or Mestis.

16 yrs old teenage kid does not dictate any conditions to SM liiga teams coaching staff.
None SM liiga team can't prefer 16 yrs old kid just because he's TOP prospect in NHL draft.

Even SM liiga teams have own pecking order.
And in that order a 16-year-old junior is the lowest SM liiga is not junior league it's men's league.

He can leave to the CHL, if he wants. I don’t think JYP wants to lose a talent of the level of Lambert. I think he has more leverage than you claim.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Yes his family is from the area and his father+uncle both played for the Blades in the past. Also his uncle Dale Lambert was recently hired as the head coach of the Saskatoon Contacts Midget AAA team(has Brayden Yager, Riley Heidt, Kalan Lind, Berkly Catton)

I think staying in Finland would be good for him but like I said in his 1st thread if there is a chl team that could get him to come over it's Saskatoon.

Lambert's reporting to Saskatoon is heavily depend on Canada's corona-virus pandemic situation.
And of course that can Lambert take his spot in JYP's liiga team.

Brad is still physically raw so how he does and plays against older liiga players
who are much stronger adult grown men's than Brad who's still a kid.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Brad Lambert is born in Lahti.
But his father Ross is Saskatoon native.
Yes.

I thought for Hockey Canada to go after him, he needed to live in Canada for a certain amount of time and he has not. If he was raised her, that would not be an issue.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
This is great. If his playtime in Finland is limited, he can "threaten" to leave for Saskatoon, giving him power. 200 IQ play (probably thought up by his dad)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Yes.

I thought for Hockey Canada to go after him, he needed to live in Canada for a certain amount of time and he has not. If he was raised her, that would not be an issue.

If Brad Lambert plays in Team Finland any IIHF tournament ( U18 WJC's example ).
And after that he wants represent Canada then it means that
Lambert must apply for the Canadian national team representation right.
And that requires four years of continuous gameplay in Canada.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Yes.

If Brad Lambert plays in Team Finland any IIHF tournament ( U18 / U20 WJC's example ).

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If Brad Lambert plays in Team Finland any IIHF tournament ( U18 / U20 WJC's example ).

I know but since Lambert has not played for an IIHF event he can play for Canada but he has to live / play here for a certain period of time before he does.

Does anyone know what length of time is?

Is it 6 months?
Is it 1 year?
Is it 2 years?

I can't remember.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
This is great. If his playtime in Finland is limited, he can "threaten" to leave for Saskatoon, giving him power. 200 IQ play (probably thought up by his dad)

It's not only about that how Brad Lambert's season starts with JYP.
Brad's reporting to Sskatoon Blades will also be heavily depend
on Canada's corona-virus pandemic situation in Saskatoon's area.

In my opinion it would be smart for Brad to report Saskatoon Blades.
And why ? let me mention few reasons.

1 Start growing adult
2 Taking responsibility his own life like how to cook and wash laundries etc
3 Taking distance of his father who what I've read is not easiest person to handle.
4 Learning that how to pay bills etc because at some point Brad needs to start to do those things.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I know but since Lambert has not played for an IIHF event he can play for Canada but he has to live / play here for a certain period of time before he does.

Is it 6 months?
Is it 1 year?
Is it 2 years?

I can't remember.

Don't worry i don't remember either.
I know only that how it will go if Lambert wants to represent Finland.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Is it 6 months?
Is it 1 year?
Is it 2 years?

I can't remember.
I think you are talking about the 2 year rule which wouldn't apply to Lambert as he is a full dual citizen. The 2 year rule is for players that just gained citizenship but haven't previously declared for a nation. All it is going to come down to with Lambert is which country he decides he wants to play for. Which presumably is Finland anyways.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I think you are talking about the 2 year rule which wouldn't apply to Lambert as he is a full dual citizen. The 2 year rule is for players that just gained citizenship but haven't previously declared for a nation. All it is going to come down to with Lambert is which country he decides he wants to play for. Which presumably is Finland anyways.
Someone should thro the kid money to play for Canada...

I will start a Go Fund Me page.

Altho, he is more likely to get endorsement deals in Finland than in Canada.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

1 Start growing adult
3 Taking distance of his father who what I've read is not easiest person to handle.
4 Learning that how to pay bills etc because at some point Brad needs to start to do those things.

Do you know this guy personally? I think we can let his parents handle how they raise him...

Seems like Finland would be great for his NHL readiness though. I know that top talent usually do well even after lighting up the CHL, but why would a more professional environment early on be bad for development, assuming he shows the talent to play a lot?

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

1 Start growing adult

Junior hockey players arent paying any bills lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad