C Brad Lambert - HIFK U20, Jr. A SM-liiga (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Meh, he is the best player from his age group even now and is a huge part of Finnish U16 national team. In two year (maybe already next year) he'll be stealing the spotlight in U18 tournament.

It is easier to make team Finland as there as less players to pick from than in Canada. And as an underager you have a very good chance make the teams earlier. He might play in the 2020 U18 tournament as a 2003 born player..

From all I've seen from the kid, this seems to be the case. Also his family has been very supportive when he has played for Finnish U16 team, I can't imagine them trying to get the kid play for Canada.

He has been born and raised in Finland, he has got a huge chance to play in the top junior league in Finland and if all goes well, he probably gets a chance to play in Liiga next year.

There are always a chance he'll choose Canada but it looks good for us.
There is only 23 spots available, it can't be easy to make Team Finland these days.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Maybe a little but not enough to be the reason he decides to play for them IMO.

Anyway, right now it looks like Finland has the inside track on him but I have not given up hope.
Yeah he plays for Finland if he thinks he is a Finnish kid. I don't think anyone will have a word if that is what he wants. Sure we can speculate as it is not a sure bet, but we'll find out very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyromaniac

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Meh, he will join team Finland already in next year's u18 tourney and this will be settled. :popcorn:

There is only 23 spots available, it can't be easy to make Team Finland these days.

Finland just doesnt have the depth Canada has, he makes the team with ease.

Reactions: FinPanda

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Meh, he will join team Finland already in next year's u18 tourney and this will be settled. :popcorn:

Finland just doesnt have the depth Canada has, he makes the team with ease.
But if he is as good as it appears he will make Team Canada with ease also.

He will make any team with ease if he is the real deal.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
But if he is as good as it appears he will make Team Canada with ease also.

He will make any team with ease if he is the real deal.

Yeah just lesser competition for spots as well as familiarity will help with making team Finland.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Yeah just lesser competition for spots as well as familiarity will help with making team Finland.
I suppose, the heart of my point which was possibly not made clear is that Hockey Canada should be in contact with him and his family and trying to recruit him to our program as our claim to him is every bit as good as Finlands.

It's their job to be aggressive on these matters, or at least they should be. We are in no position to just be letting players go without a fight.

You can never have enough talent.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I suppose, the heart of my point which was possibly not made clear is that Hockey Canada should be in contact with him and his family and trying to recruit him to our program as our claim to him is every bit as good as Finlands.

It's their job to be aggressive on these matters, or at least they should be. We are in no position to just be letting players go without a fight.

You can never have enough talent.

They are likely trying.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I would hope so as they definitely should be, but sometimes I don't have much confidence in them and for good reason.

Parents are the deciding factor and when you have a father whose heavily involved in Finnish hockey it's not an easy thing to convince him to let his kid move halfway across the world to play when he can play where you can keep an eye on him.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Parents are the deciding factor and when you have a father whose heavily involved in Finnish hockey it's not an easy thing to convince him to let his kid move halfway across the world to play when he can play where you can keep an eye on him.
All very true though neither would stop me if I was his dad, it would be brainwash city from day one.

I am very Machiavellian that way and make no apologies about it.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
All very true though neither would stop me if I was his dad, it would be brainwash city from day one.

I am very Machiavellian that way and make no apologies about it.

It all depends on what his dad thinks. He might be in the boat that Finland is a better place for him to develop.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
It all depends on what his dad thinks. He might be in the boat that Finland is a better place for him to develop.
Could very well be but again, that wouldn't stop me from making sure Canada is who he would play for.

I mean, this is just a matter of pride.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Why would he play for Canada? He was born in Finland and he’s half Finnish. Canada doesn’t need more talent, tho Finland really does either with all they are pumping out. If you think he should than I guess jack studnicka should play for Slovakia than...

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Why would he play for Canada? He was born in Finland and he’s half Finnish. Canada doesn’t need more talent, tho Finland really does either with all they are pumping out. If you think he should than I guess jack studnicka should play for Slovakia than...
Why shouldn't he play for them? is Canada some rogue country on the United nations shit list for human rights violations or something?

Sure he's half Finnish, he's half Canadian too or does that not count for anything because some crackpot theory holds that his Finnish half is somehow more meaningful then his Canadian half?

That's kind of an insulting statement to insinuate Finland is more deserving of him then Canada simply because he is half Finnish.

And so what if he mostly grew up there? guess thomas Steen and William nylander should have been locked in for Canada then.

Anyway, he will play where he decides it is best to play and who he wants to play for, but neither country has more RIGHT to him. Both are fines choices whatever he decides.

Good god, the stuff you hear on hf sometimes.

And Jack Studnicka has nothing to do with this, how does he get brought in?

I really can't believe what you wrote there.

Last edited:

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Why shouldn't he play for them? is Canada some rogue country on the United nations **** list for human rights violations or something?

Sure he's half Finnish, he's half Canadian too or does that not count for anything because some crackpot theory holds that his Finnish half is somehow more meaningful then his Canadian half?

That's kind of an insulting statement to insinuate Finland is more deserving of him then Canada simply because he is half Finnish.

And so what if he mostly grew up there? guess thomas Steen and William nylander should have been locked in for Canada then.

Anyway, he will play where he decides it is best to play and who he wants to play for, but neither country has more RIGHT to him. Both are fines choices whatever he decides.

Good god, the stuff you hear on hf sometimes.

And Jack Studnicka has nothing to do with this, how does he get brought in?

I really can't believe what you wrote there.
Woah calm down buddy. I meant that he’s born in Finland and raised there while being 50% Finnish. If he had spent his whole life and been born in Canada with a Finnish father and Canadian mother than I’d say he should play for Canada. And studnicka is an ethnic Slovak born in Canada

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Woah calm down buddy. I meant that he’s born in Finland and raised there while being 50% Finnish. If he had spent his whole life and been born in Canada with a Finnish father and Canadian mother than I’d say he should play for Canada. And studnicka = Slovak
Did Studnicka grow up in Slovakia? what is your point!! if you know something about him that i do not please fill me in.

And again, what difference does the gender of the parent and where their passport lies make in who he should play for? please explain that to me also, just what is that?

And once again, what does he spent his whole life in Finland mean also? if that was the be all and end all there would be loads of players from other pl;aces who should play for Canada then according to your theory. And from what I have seen he hasn't spent his whole life there unless that info is wrong. But even if it is wrong, so what?

I really don't know how to respond to this stuff, the child automatically playing for the birth mothers country theory is what really blows me away though, i am speechless on that one.

wow.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Did Studnicka grow up in Slovakia? what is your point!! if you know something about him that i do not please fill me in.

And again, what difference does the gender of the parent and where their passport lies make in who he should play for? please explain that to me also? just what is that?

And once again, what does he spent his whole life in Finland mean also? if that was the be all and end all there would be loads of players from other pl;aces who should play for Canada then according to your theory. And from what I have seen he hasn't spent his whole life there unless that info is wrong. But even if it is wrong, so what?

I really don't know how to respond to this stuff, the child automatically playing for the birth mothers country theory is what really blows me away though, i am speechless on that one.

wow.
Alright never mind than Since you clearly don’t understand what I’m saying. Gotta compete somehow with Canada and USA who are made up of non aboriginal populations. And studnicka is an ethnic Slovak and that’s that.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Alright never mind than Since you clearly don’t understand what I’m saying. Gotta compete somehow with Canada and USA who are made up of non aboriginal populations. And studnicka is an ethnic Slovak and that’s that.
No i get it, that's the problem.

I am really kind of uncomfortable discussing this any further with you, have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig