C Brad Lambert - HIFK U20, Jr. A SM-liiga (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So what I wrote is irrelevant to whatever point you want to make.
Correct. Thank you for the info. Transfer agreements are something I have absolutely no knowledge of.

Assuming it would cost the North Bay Battalion a transfer fee to bring him over as a 1st pick in the CHL Import Draft, Lambert signing with any team would likely mean they look elsewhere.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'm a season ticket holder but don't watch IFK's away games, so I only saw the two home games he played. He was clearly not a Liiga-level player in those two games.
Perhaps you don't watch a whole lot of Liiga because he easily was a Liiga level player and could have accomplished much more with more ice time.

Bearr

Dec 31, 2015
Yeah, honestly him moving away from HIFK to another Liiga team is gonna make me respect him even more if he makes it as an impact player. Anything below that will be slightly embarrassing for him.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Seems a bit like that
Brad Lambert's biggest problem is megalomaniac and money-lustful father.
But despite of that i have to also question Brad's own attitude
and commitment to develop himself long-term.

I get that Brad is only 16 yrs old and teenagers are immature kids in that age.
It's normal young hockey players change teams during a junior career.

But this was 2nd time in 1 year period when Brad Lambert changes his team.
In the longer term, such a punch from one team to another
starts to worry even NHL scouts and NHL GM's.

There is nothing wrong of that junior hockey player knows how talented he's
and how good he can be but the brutal fact is also that
no player is not bigger than a team in pro hockey.

On the basis of the information made public
it would appear that the reason for the Brad Lambert's departure of HIFK
was due to that HIFK could not promise and guarantee first line's center spot to Brad Lambert.

I don't know where in the world Brad Lambert and his father live.
But the fact is that 16 yrs old teenage kid or his father cannot claim
something that cannot be promised in advance.

In HIFK every player needs to earn and deserve his role in the team.
HIFK can't favor and prefer some 16 yrs kid and promise to him something
which can tear team spirit to shreds in an instant
and at the same time poison the whole team and locker room atmosphere.

Brad Lambert's better figure out those problems what are bothering him.
First step on that should be take quite a distance from his father
and move alone to another city because of hockey where-ever he plays next season

By acting in that way Brad learn to take responsibility for himself
and take care of his own affairs.

Is sad megalomaniac and money-lustful father keeps his son in the leash.
And in at the same time commands and demands HIFK's GM
to promise and give to his 16 yrs old son something
what HIFK can't do before they know how Lambert plays and how he develops during the summer.

I don't have nothing against Brad Lambert as a player.
I wish all the best for him and his hockey career.

But right now everything is possible for Brad Lambert's case.
He can be 1st overall pick or at least TOP3 pick 2022 but unfortunately he can be also mega bust.
If someone could ruin this young elite Finnish-Canadian star talent it is absolutely his father.

Let time and the future show what Brad Lambert's fate will be.
Edit here's the article of Brad Lambert's departure from HIFK.
Tässä on totuus, miksi 16-vuotias superlupaus jätti yllättäen HIFK:n

Last edited:

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
The coronavirus situation really complicated things for a lot of players, and the things families need to consider under the current circumstances are quite different from just a few months ago.

I don’t think it’s much of a stretch to suggest that Lambert, like everybody else, wants to go where he will have the best chance of actually playing — where arenas and training facilities are actually open and the possibility of a season of games is greatest. I can’t speak about Europe or Finland specifically, but in Canada every public and private rink is locked up for the foreseeable future.

I really don’t expect him to land in North America to play junior hockey, but if that does occur my money would be on him joining the USHL’s Chicago Steel, the team that drafted him in 2019, has Adam Fantilli coming in and Owen Power returning, and employs one of the top 2-3 development trainers in the world, Darryl Belfry.

But again, I don’t expect him in North America. Opportunities to monetize his skills immediately don’t exist in North American junior hockey, so Europe is where he has the best chance to start cashing in.

Reactions: wings5

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
So what I wrote is irrelevant to whatever point you want to make.
Still i think his point stands to a degree tho, some Euro players tend to have a more of a offensive growing spurt once they reach NA and get more ice time and the style somewhat changes, he's not implying that on every Euro player, there are many exceptions as you said too.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Correct. Thank you for the info. Transfer agreements are something I have absolutely no knowledge of.

Assuming it would cost the North Bay Battalion a transfer fee to bring him over as a 1st pick in the CHL Import Draft, Lambert signing with any team would likely mean they look elsewhere.

There's no transfer fees for Liiga to CHL transfers as under 18 year olds can break away from their labor contracts anytime they want according to Finnish law. Post-draft it would make no sense for him to go from Liiga to CHL because that assumes he's playing regular minutes in Liiga to warrant that draft position/interest. That would be a step back.

Reactions: belair

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Seems a bit like that
Brad Lambert's biggest problem is megalomaniac and money-lustful father.
But despite of that i have to also question Brad's own attitude
and commitment to develop himself long-term.

I get that Brad is only 16 yrs old and teenagers are immature kids in that age.
It's normal young hockey players change teams during a junior career.

But this was 2nd time in 1 year period when Brad Lambert changes his team.
In the longer term, such a punch from one team to another
starts to worry even NHL scouts and NHL GM's.

There is nothing wrong of that junior hockey player knows how talented he's
and how good he can be but the brutal fact is also that
no player is not bigger than a team in pro hockey.

On the basis of the information made public
it would appear that the reason for the Brad Lambert's departure of HIFK
was due to that HIFK could not promise and guarantee first line's center spot to Brad Lambert.

I don't know where in the world Brad Lambert and his father live.
But the fact is that 16 yrs old teenage kid or his father cannot claim
something that cannot be promised in advance.

In HIFK every player needs to earn and deserve his role in the team.
HIFK can't favor and prefer some 16 yrs kid and promise to him something
which can tear team spirit to shreds in an instant
and at the same time poison the whole team and locker room atmosphere.

Brad Lambert's better figure out those problems what are bothering him.
First step on that should be take quite a distance from his father
and move alone to another city because of hockey where-ever he plays next season

By acting in that way Brad learn to take responsibility for himself
and take care of his own affairs.

Is sad megalomaniac and money-lustful father keeps his son in the leash.
And in at the same time commands and demands HIFK's GM
to promise and give to his 16 yrs old son something
what HIFK can't do before they know how Lambert plays and how he develops during the summer.

I don't have nothing against Brad Lambert as a player.
I wish all the best for him and his hockey career.

But right now everything is possible for Brad Lambert's case.
He can be 1st overall pick or at least TOP3 pick 2022 but unfortunately he can be also mega bust.
If someone could ruin this young elite Finnish-Canadian star talent it is absolutely his father.

Let time and the future show what Brad Lambert's fate will be.
Edit here's the article of Brad Lambert's departure from HIFK.
Tässä on totuus, miksi 16-vuotias superlupaus jätti yllättäen HIFK:n

This post deserves more likes than it has. This kind of stuff has ruined the careers of so many athletes. It’s too early to say it will for Lambert, but some of the things we’ve seen so far from him and his father should be starting to get attention from the hockey public.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
This post deserves more likes than it has. This kind of stuff has ruined the careers of so many athletes. It’s too early to say it will for Lambert, but some of the things we’ve seen so far from him and his father should be starting to get attention from the hockey public.

That's true.
But the good news are those Brad Lambert is still 16 yrs old teen so he has 2 yrs to mature.

And hopefully he'll mature
because in NHL the competition of roster spots is much harder than in SM liiga teams.
Yes Brad Lambert is not a lost case or ex star prospect yet and he has time to grow.

But what then if things won't go as planned in NHL
when Brad Lambert is a rookie and he needs to go AHL.

What Ross Lambert will do that situation.
Will he go whine and cry to GM and demands him to give Brad a free roster spot in NHL team
without any competition because that will be the last mistake what he can ever do.

And that's for' sure any NHL GM won't take shit for rookie's parent.
Or tolerate that a rookie's father demands full-time roster spot in NHL to his elite talent son.

NHL scouts and GM's aren't stupid and nobody can't fool them.
Because today's NHL every NHL organisation will look what type of character
and person that draft prospect is.

And if there is any signs of bad character, lack of motivation to commit long-term development
bad attitude, arrogance and cockiness etc issues
or something else negative like megalomaniac father who can cause problems and drama
then those kind of things will be red-flag immediately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

I do agree with this, crazy parents can kill careers. But unfortunately sometimes it does work out. Mitch Marner’s dad was nuts by all reports

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It probably will have no relevance, but I always find it worth noting when the best junior organizations draft these players.

Brad Lambert was drafted by the Chicago Steel in the USHL Draft last year. I don't think he'd come to the USHL. If he was to play junior hockey in NA, it'd probably be in the CHL, but the Steel are by far the best organization in the USHL right now, and definitely have more pull in getting players to report than a lot, maybe most, CHL teams.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
People seem to be very concerned about the weakened Liiga. It could be just be a coincidence, but the weaker the Finnish league has gotten, the more we have gotten great NHL players.

julkki

Oct 27, 2015
People seem to be very concerned about the weakened Liiga. It could be just be a coincidence, but the weaker the Finnish league has gotten, the more we have gotten great NHL players.

This is a trend that won't last forever if the Liiga gets weaker and weaker. The standards for players are getting lower and that won't develop anyone in the long run.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kinda odd choice if you ask me. At least JYP just got a whole lot more interesting.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Heck yeah, love it. If plays well he definitely has a chance for big role but JYP is not a bottom team. I will definitely go see him play now.

Matteo

Aug 20, 2017
JYP suddenly looks a lot more interesting with Lambert, Jurmo, Helenius and Puistola, instead their usual team of +35 veterans.

In a couple years probably. I don't see either Jurmo or Helenius making the team immediately.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Careerwise, it looks like a highly lateral move - can't say that JYP will be a better place for him than HIFK was... but can't say it will be worse either. I suppose the player himself (and his agents) know what they're doing.

The additional takeaway here is that we can now stop speculating with his NT eligibility. This move virtually guarantees that he will be a Finnish international.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Careerwise, it looks like a highly lateral move - can't say that JYP will be a better place for him than HIFK was... but can't say it will be worse either. I suppose the player himself (and his agents) know what they're doing.

The additional takeaway here is that we can now stop speculating with his NT eligibility. This move virtually guarantees that he will be a Finnish international.

He has said multiple times he will wear finnish jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad