C Brad Lambert - HIFK U20, Jr. A SM-liiga (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
I think that is at the very max as engaging as a wedding vow...

Btw. not trying to derail this back to the ontario vs finland debate but just have to pick up the "40 finnish players in the NHL vs 160 players from Ontario" to the guys who made this argument, you dont think that is mainly becose of the fact that, you know, the NHL is played in NA, an all the minor leagues are based there? If the NHL based in Europe most of the 3rd and 4th liners would be european.
For sure, that is the way it works. Many FEL and KHL players are the same level or even better than some of the random ass fourth line grinders in the NHL.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
He has now 1+3 in 5 games in A-sm. Had a two assist game against KalPa and was pointless against Blues.

Incredible production.

E: His production with the U16 national team this season: 8 games, 7+8 so nearly 2 PPG.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I'm rather intrigued about this guy - seems like crazily promising for his age. Also quite interesting about his eventual decision about for which country to play. Fingers crossed that it'll be Finland...

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I'm rather intrigued about this guy - seems like crazily promising for his age. Also quite interesting about his eventual decision about for which country to play. Fingers crossed that it'll be Finland...
He is playing with Finnish team, and he'll get more opportunities with them in the future, so I don't see why he'd change. Canadians just have so much talent that making Olympic team, or WJC team as undrafted guy like Lundell/Kakko/Heinola did is near impossible

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

Beast and now he is playing now in "voittajien vaihe" which means there is only best 10 teams left.

2+3 now in 6 games now. There was a mistake on that tweet's information which was corrected by him. There are no comparables to his production as he is really the youngest player in the league ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrik Barkov

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Even if he's the youngest player ever, there still certainly are comparables. Barkov was some 3 months older than him, which is still good for a comparable. Barkov scored 17 points in 25 games.

Reactions: FinPanda

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
So if we wants to play in the CHL does he go through the Import draft? Or is he likely sticking in Europe anyways?

I’m not so sure he would go through the import draft, if he were to apply for the WHL bantam draft this year, I think he could be eligible? Much like Theo Rochette this past year. I assume he’d meet the criteria, I’m not even really sure how it all works because Rochette was eligible despite playing in Switzerland the last 5 years.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Hope he stays in Finland. Barkov played in Liiga as a 16 year old, so i dont see why Lambert couldnt do that next season

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
2 primary assists today, so 2+5 in 8 games now.

His ice time was 14.23

E: his stats were in 8 games, not in 7

Last edited:

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Is he half Canadian, half Finnish by heritage or fully Canadian who has born in Finland?

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
We should quickly make sure he will represent team Finland. I hope the hockey federation and the coaches are awake.

And yeah they have probably been just like with Barkov eventhough he is ethnic Russian.

Reactions: FinPanda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig