C Berkly Catton - Spokane Chiefs, WHL (2024 Draft)

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Things change drastically from one season to the next in juniors.

Team will be improved over last season.
Mostly because of stronger 20s and an even better Catton though. Not a ton of quality behind that right now, even though the 07s are all extremely talented.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Should be a top 5-10 pick this year, right in PHI’s range. could do a lot worse than a core upfront of Gauthier, Michkov and Catton.

Reactions: JotAlan and tnfrs

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Catton attacks the middle of the ice relentlessly, and he can overwhelm the defense almost single-handedly a lot of the time. He has a great feel for change-of-pace plays, and is great at using layers on the attack, with speed. His vision in the o-zone and dedication to attacking the middle of the ice stand out to me. He has a good shot, and can make the small area plays that are necessary for playing so much of the game in an area as crowded as the slot. I could see him rising to 2 overall.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Catton attacks the middle of the ice relentlessly, and he can overwhelm the defense almost single-handedly a lot of the time. He has a great feel for change-of-pace plays, and is great at using layers on the attack, with speed. His vision in the o-zone and dedication to attacking the middle of the ice stand out to me. He has a good shot, and can make the small area plays that are necessary for playing so much of the game in an area as crowded as the slot. I could see him rising to 2 overall.
Why not first? Not like there is a clear cut guy at #1.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I already have him first. I’m starting to believe you take the most skilled guy within reason at 1OA. The NHL is becoming a league where defense is optional. It’s not like Catton is bad defensively either.

Celebrini is bigger and has a better defensive game, but Catton is the better skater and has more offensive upside.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The other stuff you can reasonably argue but I think it’s pretty clear Celebrini is a better skater
I think Catton is more explosive and better changing directions. Celebrini might be more fluid and strong on his skates. Catton’s skating is extremely good. I think it might be the best part of his game.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
If he shows his potential regularly throughout the season, I believe he will be 1a/1b with Celebrini.
But I doubt he will be among the 3 due to the scouts, because they will fall for the defenders and there is a love for Eiserman (which I don't have). I wouldn't trade a center with Catton's talent for a one-dimensional wing.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I think he’ll probably end up a top 3 pick. He’s a very high-end offensive player with great hands and a good shot. He just plays like a professional. It also seems like he has the ability to reach another level. I think he’ll be a great player.

He doesn’t have that lethal finish ability that Cole Eiserman has, but his puck possession and stick handling is better. He can literally just walk through defenders. I think he’ll be able to drive offense at the pro level. With more experience, I think he could become an excellent playmaker. I’m not sure if he’ll be a center at the NHL level but I’ll have to watch him a bit more this year.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think he’ll probably end up a top 3 pick. He’s a very high-end offensive player with great hands and a good shot. He just plays like a professional. It also seems like he has the ability to reach another level. I think he’ll be a great player.

He doesn’t have that lethal finish ability that Cole Eiserman has, but his puck possession and stick handling is better. He can literally just walk through defenders. I think he’ll be able to drive offense at the pro level. With more experience, I think he could become an excellent playmaker. I’m not sure if he’ll be a center at the NHL level but I’ll have to watch him a bit more this year.

I just don't see the forwards going 1-3, there's too many good defenseman in this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad