C Amadeus Lombardi - Flint Firebirds, OHL (2022, 113th, DET)

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
He's showing some real skill at the prospect development camp for the wings today.

It's still way too early to say anything, but he's reminding me a bit of Soderblom from a few years ago in the way that he's taken the camp by storm. There might be a player here.

Reactions: Christoph53

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
I haven't seen this kid outside of this 3 on 3 tournament. But he definitely was the most effective player on the ice, was silky smooth and just enjoyable to watch play hockey. Not sure what he looks like in a legit setting. I know some people claim they aren't trying but they aren't just out there clowning around either. They are trying to showcase themselves as many important people are watching. That last match both teams were certainly serious about winning. With that said, I still only take so much away from this but going forward he will be on my radar of players to watch out for.

Reactions: simonedvinsson
Oct 18, 2006
The guy is on fire. 10 points last 4 games. I think there’s real skill there and he has a chance to be something.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Edit: forgot he was an overager

Lombardi is stacking up extremely well to the CHLers taken in the first round

113th Overall - Lombardi OHL PPG: 1.39

Better than

9th Overall - Savoie WHL PPG : 1.29
11th overall - Geekie WHL PPG: 1.26
22nd overall - Gaucher OHL PPG: 1.21
33rd OA : Beck OHL PPG - 1.375 ppg

Obviously these numbers are close and JR PPGs are just one part of the puzzle, but rn looks like a slam dunk pick who likely goes top 35 in a redraft rn

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Lombardi is stacking up extremely well to the CHLers taken in the first round

113th Overall - Lombardi OHL PPG: 1.39

Better than

9th Overall - Savoie WHL PPG : 1.29
11th overall - Geekie WHL PPG: 1.26
22nd overall - Gaucher OHL PPG: 1.21
33rd OA : Beck OHL PPG - 1.375 ppg

Obviously these numbers are close and JR PPGs are just one part of the puzzle, but rn looks like a slam dunk pick who likely goes top 35 in a redraft rn
He was an overager pick, he’s a year older than all those guys.

Kase

May 1, 2016
He was an overager pick, he’s a year older than all those guys.
While this is true, I think experience also matters when looking at one's performance. Usually being older means that you've had more experience playing in competitive leagues, so you are kinda expected to be ahead development wise.

This isn't the case with Lombardi though, as this is only his second season playing in OHL, or any other competitive league for that matter. Usually player's u20 season in CHL is their 4th season in that league, like in Gaucher's case for example, which I think is a big advantage compared to someone in their second season even if they are the same age.

Beck is similar to Lombardi experience wise, while Geekie has a bit more and Savoie substantially more experience playing in competitive leagues. I'm not saying that age should be ignored, but that experience matters too when weighing one's performance.

Kase

May 1, 2016
Some Lombardi statistics before and after Othmann was traded from the team.

Before:
16 gp
18 pts - 1.125 pts/gp
28 sog - 1.75 sog/gp

After:
12 gp
21 pts - 1.75 pts/gp
40 sog - 3.33 sog/gp

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
While this is true, I think experience also matters when looking at one's performance. Usually being older means that you've had more experience playing in competitive leagues, so you are kinda expected to be ahead development wise.

This isn't the case with Lombardi though, as this is only his second season playing in OHL, or any other competitive league for that matter. Usually player's u20 season in CHL is their 4th season in that league, like in Gaucher's case for example, which I think is a big advantage compared to someone in their second season even if they are the same age.

Beck is similar to Lombardi experience wise, while Geekie has a bit more and Savoie substantially more experience playing in competitive leagues. I'm not saying that age should be ignored, but that experience matters too when weighing one's performance.

also it's not even like he was racking up games in a lower league that extra year, that was the year the OHL season got cancelled due to Covid so he was straight up not playing Hockey at all instead of having his rookie year there

Reactions: Kase

Kase

May 1, 2016
also it's not even like he was racking up games in a lower league that extra year, that was the year the OHL season got cancelled due to Covid so he was straight up not playing Hockey at all instead of having his rookie year there
Yep, puts it to perspective how impressive it was for him to finish top 3 in even strength primary assists for u19 players in OHL.

And btw this year he leads all players in even strength points in OHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frk It

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Well i think this is the only (currently) of his threads that is accessible (for some reason)
- others say; oops we ran in to some problems...

He scored 2 beauty of a goals in his last game.

Amadeus is 3rd in OHL scoring, 44 points in 31 games, 1 point behind 2nd place
and 9 behind 1st place.

23 goals, 21 assists with 1.42 ppg avg. and is +10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad