C Alex Turcotte - (2019, 5th, LAK) - PART 2

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey

Tough position for Turcotte there, everyone who has played competitive hockey has gotten blown up like that at some point. You’re fully engaged in the battle, reaching to control the puck, and have nowhere to go when you realize another guy is bearing down on you.

Great hit by Wiesblatt, though. No clue how Turcotte could have been injured by that, beyond getting the wind knocked out of him.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Tough position for Turcotte there, everyone who has played competitive hockey has gotten blown up like that at some point. You’re fully engaged in the battle, reaching to control the puck, and have nowhere to go when you realize another guy is bearing down on you.

Great hit by Wiesblatt, though. No clue how Turcotte could have been injured by that, beyond getting the wind knocked out of him.
He hit his head on the dasher......

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Pretty much every one of his concussion hits has been just that--he's engaged with one guy and another completely leaves his spot/check to take him out

On one hand he has to learn to protect himself

On the other no one in the NHL is doing that

Just one more reason leaving a guy in the A to rot is hurting the Kings.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Pretty much every one of his concussion hits has been just that--he's engaged with one guy and another completely leaves his spot/check to take him out

On one hand he has to learn to protect himself

On the other no one in the NHL is doing that

Just one more reason leaving a guy in the A to rot is hurting the Kings.
I saw 5 SJ players in the screen and then at the end the clock on top showed a PP for SJ. So, the guy stepped up to hit Turcotte because SJ had the man advantage once their guy returned to the ice from overlapping penalties or something?

Where is the other Reign player as we only saw 3 in the screen. If it was only 4 on the ice did the other guy blow the zone or something?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
He seems to be on track to emulate the career of his dad, i.e., a career minor league guy for the most part. Unfortunate.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Also had his first assist. Only played 10:02, which was the second least on the team. +3 and two points in 10 minutes deserves more ice time I would think.
Oh please. TM always rewards the young guys with minimal ice time. (Look at Kaliyev) Byfield is just NOW seeing pp time.

Reactions: kinghock

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Already 23 years old so already 25% of his post-draft career done.

We'll see if he continues, but I'm very skeptical.

• Haha
Reactions: Lavar Ball

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Already 23 years old so already 25% of his post-draft career done.

We'll see if he continues, but I'm very skeptical.
Bit of an oversimplification for a guy with a history of concussions and on a team that is notoriously stingy with handing out minutes to prospects

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Bit of an oversimplification for a guy with a history of concussions and on a team that is notoriously stingy with handing out minutes to prospects
In the NCAA, there were already signals regarding his level of play.

It's very difficult to evaluate in a USDP context with so many good players alongside him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad