bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Gotta feel for the kid

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Can't catch a break. Some punk hits him illegally a few games after he returned from the last injury. Really hoping these two injuries were not concussions.

Unfortunately both LOOK like concussions and this second one, just games back after the first one, looked particularly bad after, as you can see from @bsu 's clip above.

Reactions: bsu

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Not a great situation as 4 months later he has not been cleared to play.

Alex Turcotte, whose bid to get his NHL career on track has been interrupted by injuries, will not participate in the Kings’ rookie camp and his status for next week’s main training camp remain unclear due to lingering concussion-related issues.

As the Kings opened their camp ahead of this weekend’s Rookie Faceoff prospect tournament, Marco Strum said Turcotte is “doing good” but noted that he will not travel to the Bay Area.

“I think he has a few more testing coming up here with different doctors,” said Sturm, who is entering his first season as Reign coach after serving as a Kings assistant for the previous four seasons. “As of right now, he’s not cleared. That’s all what I know. We want him healthy.

“I think he’s been through a lot in the past. We also want to take our time. When the doctor says he’s ready to go, then he is. But we just have to be a little bit patient.”

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
This saddens me as I was excited for Turcotte at the draft and loved the Turcotte vs Zegras debate of old and was excited for both to have long and strong careers (but for Z to ultimately be the winner of the debate :sarcasm:)

Unfortunate to see that health complications have likely stripped us of that opportunity, here’s to hoping he can make a resounding bounce back and still carve out a decent NHL career.

Reactions: Kalv

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Seems like they are taking it slow with his recovery. Doesn’t sound like he’s in danger of missing any games at this point. He’s not really a rookie anyway. Maybe technically he’s still one, but he’s already played a bunch of NHL games.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wise for them to take it really cautiously with him. Wasn't that long ago that Byram was in a similar situation, i think?

Reactions: wetcoast

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Seems like they are taking it slow with his recovery. Doesn’t sound like he’s in danger of missing any games at this point. He’s not really a rookie anyway. Maybe technically he’s still one, but he’s already played a bunch of NHL games.

8. He's played 8 NHL games. And 67 games total since college.

I agree it sounds like they're just being cautious but had he been fully healthy this tourney would have been great for getting his legs under him, it's not at all like he was 'too experienced' for it

Reactions: wetcoast

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wise for them to take it really cautiously with him. Wasn't that long ago that Byram was in a similar situation, i think?

Yeah, been making this comparison all day, lot of good writeups on Byram's recovery, the fits and starts, the progress and regressions. Turcotte was working out hard this summer so I'm hoping this is less of an actual setback and more of just actual caution. Any more hits to the dome and it will be Byram territory with 3 concussions in a short period of time and he'll probably need some time away. This last one was really nasty. I can't even watch that clip anymore, the way he just bambis forward is gross.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
Hearing he is close to returning to game action. I'm rooting for him.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
How has Turcotte looked so far this year?

Trending up for sure, looked excellent when with other skilled players in Byfield and Madden. Nice to have him UP the lineup this year...

I imagne the current goal is just to get him thru the year healthy, but I'm certain he'll get another NHL look at some point this year, and if he can stay healthy and keep trending up...

Reactions: Chainshot

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
LA has some injury issues at the moment , play a b2b on sat/sun, so he should get some minutes vs Chi on sun.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
He was good in his callup last year. Excited to see him with the Kings again. He's still got a lot of drive and talent, just needs some injury luck.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
How did he look? I missed the game.

Kind of an uneventful game really, but Turcotte got banished to a kid line centering Fagemo and Kupari and only got 8 minutes and no special teams time, so its' the Kings rookie hazing special.

He looked good like last call up--dominating possession, doing kind of a lot with a little even though he wasn't on the scoreboard. Noticeable even in limited time. Think we all held our breath when in typical crash test dummy fashion he went flying into the corner.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'm at the rink getting ready to start coaching and my colleague (old D partner) said Turcotte got hit again and left the game. Poor kid can't catch a break hopefully he's okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad