C Alex Galchenyuk - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2012 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Official Alex Galchenyuk Thread...

never made an "official" player thread, but felt it necessary to make one about Galchenyuk as the previous thread mainly talked about his birth right.

Bottom line is this: Galchenyuk is a 17 year star in the making. He currently plays for Sarnia in the OHL and his stat line is 56 gp 21 goals 42 assists 63 points. Pretty monster numbers for a just turned 17 year old if you ask me. I also love the 44 penalty minutes as this kid isnt afraid to get dirty and drive the net.

As it stands he is a top 5 lock for next June's draft. He has the ability, size, and skill to go even higher. At 6'1 185lb, size is not an issue for this kid. He could continue to grow next year and be a 6'2 200lb offensive force in his draft year.

We know he will be battling it out with Yakupov and Grigorenko for the top forward taken currently, but his name easily belongs with the other two. 2012 is shaping up to be a very solid draft with tons of defense, but this kid could be the top offensive force in a year.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I think it's any team's dream to draft them both.

This is Gagner/Kane in 2007 all over again.

I seriously hope some team gets Yakupov and Galchenyuk on the same team.

Galchenyuk is a big boy too. 6'1 181, he could potentially fill out to about 200+.

I remember hearing SO MUCH HYPE about him at CYA. I had a few friends who played CYA/Mission/Hitmen/etc. and if you played amateur around here, you've heard of the kid.

I'm still kicking myself not going out to see him at CYA.

Karlssonlee

Jan 13, 2009
Yakubov and Galchenyuk are so dynamic.

IF they keep up this consistent trend, they will def. be top 5 picks

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

oh boy, lets hope not!

Yakupov is dynamic and there is no doubt about it. Plus his heart and mind seem to be in the right place unlike Kabanov sadly.

I was just doing a play on his "Yakubov" thing :laugh:

Yakubov and Galchenyuk are so dynamic.

IF they keep up this consistent trend, they will def. be top 5 picks

Kabanov is a typical teenager with no discipline. We'll see what happens to the kid.. He's kinda screwed himself over :laugh:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Galchenyuk is the most complete player I've seen at his age in a very long time. Igor Larionov compared him to Marion Hossa.

I would love the Leafs to nab him. He's my favorite player for next year.

Canuck71*

Galchenyuk could surpass Yakupov next year and be the favourite to go 1st overall. He possesses so much skill and he only keeps improving. Don't let his stats mislead you though, he is more of a sniper than a play-maker and I'm sure anyone that has seen a few youtube videos of him know how lethal his shot is. He cored a beauty goal yesterday, I'm assuming it will be uploaded soon by "TVCogeco" on youtube today.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Any news on national team allegiances yet? The U18s are in April, and I'd like to see Galchenyuk given a forward spot on the U.S. team (they gave a couple spots to non-USNTDP members last year-Austin Watson and Connor Brickley).

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Any news on national team allegiances yet? The U18s are in April, and I'd like to see Galchenyuk given a forward spot on the U.S. team (they gave a couple spots to non-USNTDP members last year-Austin Watson and Connor Brickley).

If I had to be it'd be Russia.

But I'm hoping hoping hoping HOPING he picks USA.

Wildcard is Belarus :sarcasm:

pouskin74*

Galchenyuk could surpass Yakupov next year and be the favourite to go 1st overall. He possesses so much skill and he only keeps improving. Don't let his stats mislead you though, he is more of a sniper than a play-maker and I'm sure anyone that has seen a few youtube videos of him know how lethal his shot is. He cored a beauty goal yesterday, I'm assuming it will be uploaded soon by "TVCogeco" on youtube today.
he already surpassed Gretzky, so no wonder....:laugh:

Canuck71*

Great video. It shows in more than a few spots in that video compilation how lethal his shot already is as a 16 year old. His shot looks much like Stamkos' at the same age.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I would be flat out shocked if the US didnt give him an invite like they did last year with Austin Watson and Connor Brickley both non USNDP invites.

The US would be ridiculous to not give him an invite, because hes going to play for Russia 100% then, but whether or not he takes it is whats up for debate. Despite what he said in that vauge little statement in Decemember, it's far from a sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad