C Aleksi Heponiemi- Modo, Hockey Allsvenskan, Sweden (2017, 40th, FLA)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Heponiemi gets 9th and 10th assists of the play-offs, Broncos win game 7 and advances,
thanks to the coach reuniting Heponiemi-Gawdin-Steenbergen line after game 1.

Steenbergen 6g+6a=12pts (5th)
Gawdin 5g+6a=11pts (7th)
Heponiemi 0g+10a=10pts (12th)

Reactions: LAINEC

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
yeah but 15 assists in 10 games is intense
So is 0 goals In ten games when your an offensive catalyst. Gotta find a way to at least get to the dirty area and bang in a garbage goal. I haven’t been watching the games so I don’t know for sure but this screams perimeter playin too much. Correct me if I’m wrong anyone who’s been watching

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Crazy no goals yet.. it is kind of worrisome when projecting to pro..
No goals in 14 playoff games last year and none in 10 this year looks kinda bad. One dimensional? Reg. season numbers are crazy so not sure what gives in the playoffs..

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
0+2, at least tonight for Hepo, waiting if they add any points later,
lately in both, WHL&OHL box score stats have been wonky.

Swift Current Broncos win game 7, 6-0 at Moose Jaw.

---

3 star selection:
1st C Ryan Peckford - Moose Jaw | 2nd C Glen Gawdin - Swift Current | 3rd LW Aleksi Heponiemi - Swift Current

I know it was your last game of the season and it was your home game, but c'moon!!!!
Your team loses by Tennis numbers, 6-0 and you have nerves to give first star to your own play.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
This season totals, so far: 28 goals, 108 assists, 136 points (1.92 ppg)
Not too bad from 2nd year 19 year old.

best ppg in the WHL (2nd Glenn Gawdin, 21, 6th season : 1.79 - 65 goals, 80 assists, 145 points)

Reactions: hi

canucks4ever

Mar 4, 2008
2.09 ppg for an 18 year old in the WHL is insane production, Panthers are so lucky they grabbed this kid in the 2nd round.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
2.09 ppg for an 18 year old in the WHL is insane production, Panthers are so lucky they grabbed this kid in the 2nd round.
I'm really excited if this is my prospect.

But, I'm also concerned that his playoff numbers, 2 seasons in a row fall off significantly.
Gawdin 9 goals and 20 points in 14 playoff games.
Steenbergen 10 goals and 18 points in 14 games.
Heponiemi 0 goals and 14 points in 14 games. That's not 0 goals and 26 assists/points in 28 playoff games over the last 2 seasons.

How much does added size/strength change that? If it's not dramatic, if he already can't produce due to the closer checking style of the playoffs at the WHL level...that's trouble. If he plays at 180-ish which you'd think he'd fill out to...that might negate the size/strength disadvantage he faces.

I like seeing guys like this succeed. But, there is very legit cause for at least some concern.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'm really excited if this is my prospect.

But, I'm also concerned that his playoff numbers, 2 seasons in a row fall off significantly.
Gawdin 9 goals and 20 points in 14 playoff games.
Steenbergen 10 goals and 18 points in 14 games.
Heponiemi 0 goals and 14 points in 14 games. That's not 0 goals and 26 assists/points in 28 playoff games over the last 2 seasons.

How much does added size/strength change that? If it's not dramatic, if he already can't produce due to the closer checking style of the playoffs at the WHL level...that's trouble. If he plays at 180-ish which you'd think he'd fill out to...that might negate the size/strength disadvantage he faces.

I like seeing guys like this succeed. But, there is very legit cause for at least some concern.
Agreed. There is obviously some serious flaws if he hasn’t scored in 28 playoff games. Nothing to be overly concerned about but just shows he is probably fine to play another year in junior and 2 years from nhl ready at least

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Agreed. There is obviously some serious flaws if he hasn’t scored in 28 playoff games. Nothing to be overly concerned about but just shows he is probably fine to play another year in junior and 2 years from nhl ready at least

I disagree. (on both of you two)

Hepo just likes to pass it on, he just doesn't shoot the puck, that's all.
Doesn't even take much of shot attempts in a game, he just IS a pure playmaker, some are pure snipers
Hepo is a pure playmaker. Some fans are just over-reacting here.

I think he only attempts a shot,when he thinks there's a 100% certain scoring chance
otherweise, he will pass the puck to his line/team mates.

Reactions: PelleLindbergh

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I disagree. (on both of you two)

Hepo just likes to pass it on, he just doesn't shoot the puck, that's all.
Doesn't even take much of shot attempts in a game, he just IS a pure playmaker, some are pure snipers
Hepo is a pure playmaker. Some fans are just over-reacting here.

I think he only attempts a shot,when he thinks there's a 100% certain scoring chance
otherweise, he will pass the puck to his line/team mates.
This is a flaw. Do you understand that? It's something he needs to change if he wants to play in the NHL. You have to shoot more, no matter how much of a play maker you are. Also you're saying that he hasn't had a chance in 28 playoff games where he thought "i can score", and shot the puck at the net? That's what you're implying with your "100% chance to score" -comment, right?

Last edited:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
This is a flaw. Do you understand that? It's something he needs to change if he wants to play in the NHL. You have to shoot more, no matter how much of a play maker you are. Also you're saying that he hasn't had a chance in 28 playoff games where he thought "i can score", and shot the puck at the net? That's what you're implying with your "100% chance to score" -comment, right?
Exactly and that type of mentality doesn’t translate to pro hockey well at all. That is a big flaw. Nevermind that he obviously isn’t getting into scoring areas near enough. Doesn’t take away from his potential or skill level but it’s defintely a big flaw he has to round out and work on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad