C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013, 2nd overall, Florida) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Barkov snipes it between the legs. First draft eligible to score 20G in FEL and youngest player to score 20goals. 1+1 in this game so far.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Very accurate wrister.

His wrister, slapper and backhand are all pretty amazing if not elite. Heavy and accurate. He has pretty good scoring tools if you add how effectively he uses his size and strength at dirty areas and infront of net which are the best scoring areas in the game. But i like Barkov better in playmaking role because his passing and vision are incredible.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
bad move on the 2nd try

3rd shot already for him, cant score

misses his 4rd try also

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Nieminen goal :laugh: Full wind up slapper from 3 meters.

Barkov misses his 3rd as well

Nieminen again! Tappara with the extra point, Barkov missed all 4 attempts.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
lol another slapper from nieminen

tappara wins 6-5

barkov with 1+1 4 missed penaltyshots

kitsumo

Unregistered User
Jan 24, 2010
His wrister, slapper and backhand are all pretty amazing if not elite. Heavy and accurate. He has pretty good scoring tools if you add how effectively he uses his size and strength at dirty areas and infront of net which are the best scoring areas in the game. But i like Barkov better in playmaking role because his passing and vision are incredible.

Aren't you the guy who said exactly the same thing (or your "scouting report") about Granlund earlier? How is this "wonderkid" doing, probably well over PPG since he is at least amazing or even elite? I'm not expecting anything special in NHL from Barkov either, at least not basing it on your "reports".

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Barkov's 1st shootout move was nifty. Too bad it went over the net. But he seems to have pretty slick hands, after all. Too bad he doesn't use them in game situations at all... barkov could learn something from -- Armia.-..

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Aren't you the guy who said exactly the same thing (or your "scouting report") about Granlund earlier? How is this "wonderkid" doing, probably well over PPG since he is at least amazing or even elite? I'm not expecting anything special in NHL from Barkov either, at least not basing it on your "reports".

And aren't you the guy who is always telling us how bad all finnish prospects are?

ABjr*

All the Finns shoud be banned from HfBoards, so kids like Barkov shouldn't carry any more pressure on their shoulders, than needed.
Hope Barkov stays one more year in Tappara or KHL.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

Quote it and we will talk again. I've seen Barkov beating out goalies from blueline with his slapper and wrister without any screen. If you watch his latest shootout move you'll get clear view about his backhand. Granlund is still an elite prospect, struggling at the time but he is rookie afterall. 4th in his team in points isn't too bad but he will be better once he figures out. He has been better lately.

You're not arguing. You're just an kid who is shouting behind the screen. Have and debate or argue like a man.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
All the Finns shoud be banned from HfBoards, so kids like Barkov shouldn't carry any more pressure on their shoulders, than needed.
Hope Barkov stays one more year in Tappara or KHL.

Yeah, because Barkov probably reads HFboards and gets stressed out when some random people write about him :facepalm:.

ABjr*

Yeah, because Barkov probably reads HFboards and gets stressed out when some random people write about him :facepalm:.

There are not many N-Americans reading all this and making their conclusions?
Look at Granlund.. everybody in Minnesota was waiting him to be a ppg player right from the beginning.
Based on the reports, the finns here made.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Look at Granlund.. everybody in Minnesota was waiting him to be a ppg player right from the beginning.

You think that hype was all based on reports made by Finns here?:laugh: Well, your post after this one tells more about you than anything else.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

With that logic, no one on HFboards should be allowed to talk about ANY kid with potential no matter where he's from. Also, are people so dumb there that they believe anything that's written on the internet? I saw a picture of Putin riding a shark, must be true then!

jarnov

Sep 24, 2012
Barkov never chooses slap shot except for one-timers in must-shoot position so it's hard to judge. I'd say it's good but not great, but on the other hand his wrist shot is absolutely lethal. And if you're not power play d-man wrist shot is the only shot that matters really.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Barkov never chooses slap shot except for one-timers in must-shoot position so it's hard to judge. I'd say it's good but not great, but on the other hand his wrist shot is absolutely lethal. And if you're not power play d-man wrist shot is the only shot that matters really.

Barkov scored with huge slapper from the blueline in Ivan Hlinka game against USA in 2011. The goal was the gamewinner. I've seen it and it can make huge damage but you're pretty right he rarely uses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad