C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013, 2nd overall, Florida) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
I was at the Blues - Tappara game and it was clear that they where saving Barkov's line for today's game. Really short shifts and unfortunetly the game was pretty much over after two periods. Metsola was stellar, really good rebound control.

Barkov played overall well, didnt lose pucks. He got overpowered in the boards one time (on the first or second shift), but other than that he didnt do any mistakes. Some nice flashes of brilliance where shown.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Incredible...and some people are claiming he doesn't have that good hands.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Barkov has elite hands in traffic. He doesen't deke alot but if he needs to do it he is capable of doing it. I've seen him dekeing out 3 players with single move.

And yes that is Datsyuk move with backhand. Never seen it before so we can patent that as Barkovian-deke.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Barkov has elite hands in traffic. He doesen't deke alot but if he needs to do it he is capable of doing it. I've seen him dekeing out 3 players with single move.

And yes that is Datsyuk move with backhand. Never seen it before so we can patent that as Barkovian-deke.

I think Datsyuk did that himself at the KHL all-star game.

Yup, first goal in the video:

It's still the Datsyukian deke.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
From a resident hater on the Leafs board:

"It was a lateral move that was why it was ok, it was close but the refs probably made the right call. Still I would call that a play of patience, not really sick talent. All he did was outwait the goalie. Nothing sick about his mitts on display to me."

TravisR81

May 25, 2008
On a semi related note my google translate always translates fellow Tappara player Elmeri Kaksonen to Elmer Fudd Gemini.

This alone makes checking the Tappara game reports worth while.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
From a resident hater on the Leafs board:

"It was a lateral move that was why it was ok, it was close but the refs probably made the right call. Still I would call that a play of patience, not really sick talent. All he did was outwait the goalie. Nothing sick about his mitts on display to me."

Corey Pronman of Hockey Prospectus on Twitter (re: that goal): "That kind of creativity is truly special"

Barkov has a very nice set of shootout moves overall, he's not a one-trick pony by any means. But being good in shootouts is just a bonus.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Corey Pronman of Hockey Prospectus on Twitter (re: that goal): "That kind of creativity is truly special"

Barkov has a very nice set of shootout moves overall, he's not a one-trick pony by any means. But being good in shootouts is just a bonus.

I've seen him going 4/4 in single shootouts against jokerit in U20 match.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg

A bonus that will earn his future NHL team a lot of extra points.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Could Columbus target him, even at 1st overall?

Of course they could, but I don't think they would... Even if they did go off the board and picked Barkov, it wouldn't be that big of a stretch. He's a manchild with tremendous skill and hockey sense. He will be a solid #1 C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad