C Adam Beckman (2019, 75th, MIN)

Kase

May 1, 2016
He certainly seems to have that pesky scoring part of his game worked out.
Yeah, seems to have that special kind of scoring touch. Hopefully he can get the other parts of his game to a good enough level, so he can score lots of goals for the Wild some day.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Was really young for the draft last year. If this guy can add some strength (he’s got a lot of frame to fill out still), he’ll be a top 9 guy for sure.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Was really young for the draft last year. If this guy can add some strength (he’s got a lot of frame to fill out still), he’ll be a top 9 guy for sure.
It’s rare that I say this because I’m a huge advocator of taking junior stats with a grain of salt but watching Beckman play, is argue that he’s easily projectable to slot in as a top 6 left winger. His skill level and drive are very high. Some people have mentioned taking him to pro next year but I would recommend another year of junior for sure. Just because the stats are there doesn’t mean he’s ready for pro play.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Right now 100% yes. I am an extremely big Cozens fan but Beckman has become a better prospect as of now IMO

Is he having a better season or is he a better prospect? I think when something like that is stated, that’s a big leap in judgement to make, considering not even a year ago one was a consensus top 10 player and the other wasn’t picked in the first two rounds. Maybe Beckman is better, but I think if their seasons are close and they clearly are, you gotta give the edge to the player whose been playing better hockey for the last number of seasons, even if you give this one to Beckman.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Is he having a better season or is he a better prospect? I think when something like that is stated, that’s a big leap in judgement to make, considering a year ago one was a consensus top 10 player and the other wasn’t picked in the first two rounds.

For me it has been mind boggling to see the progress Beckman has made this season. I've watched Beckman alot this season and he is dominating this year. I'm a massive fan of Cozens and love his game but honestly I have to give the nod to Beckman for both being the better player and also the better NHL prospect.

But that's just my opinion. I'm sure some people may disagree

Reactions: dBoon and slumpy43

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Is he having a better season or is he a better prospect? I think when something like that is stated, that’s a big leap in judgement to make, considering not even a year ago one was a consensus top 10 player and the other wasn’t picked in the first two rounds. Maybe Beckman is better, but I think if their seasons are close and they clearly are, you gotta give the edge to the player whose been playing better hockey for the last number of seasons, even if you give this one to Beckman.

I agree with your comment. Cozens went back to Lethbridge with areas of his game the Sabres wanted him to work on as a 200 ft center to prepare for next season. Yet, Cozens is still having a fantastic offensive season despite this and the WJC distraction.

Yes, statistically Bachman has a slight edge.

Reactions: deflowd

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
That was crazy. Steel was on a strong team with some very, very good linemates, though.

I mean so is Beckman though. Look how many 1st and 2nd round Bantam picks there are on that team. Spokane has A LOT of talent. That team is darkhorse city. There are a lot of guys there built for the WHL.

From Smith who is so good on the breakout, to Kral who was just imported, Finley and Toporowski were both 1sts, Zummack is a really good WHL player.

I do think that Regina team was a powerhouse, and it had more firepower up front, but I also think Ty Smith creates a ton of offense on that team. He's a better offense creator than Mahura or Hobbs. And that helps a ton for a guy like Beckman.

Reactions: Dominance

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
For me it has been mind boggling to see the progress Beckman has made this season. I've watched Beckman alot this season and he is dominating this year. I'm a massive fan of Cozens and love his game but honestly I have to give the nod to Beckman for both being the better player and also the better NHL prospect.

But that's just my opinion. I'm sure some people may disagree

I think Beckman's the better WHL talent for sure. He impacts the game more. I am unsure if he is the better NHL talent though as I think Cozens is more built for the NHL especially with his speed. We'll see! But truthfully outside of being from the same draft year and having good seasons in the western league, there's a lot of differences between these two players.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Kid is hype. Leading one of the top junior leagues in points.

Good job Wild organization. :clap:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm amazed at how underrated Beckman is, only because he's a Wild prospect. He has some deficiencies to his game, and he'll probably be a winger - but he went from from 32 goals and 30 assists (which was outstanding as a rookie) to 48 goals and 59 assists. He has been breaking records. The fact that he went in the third round with that rookie season is crazy.

Reactions: Dominance

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
I am old enough to remember when the NHL draft was 20 year olds. Projectability was much easier in those days.

18-20 is a pretty volatile age, lots of late growth spurts, etc. Many great players in the NHL slip past not only the top ten, but the first round because of this.

All this to say he could end up a star, or Corey Locke.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Beckman needs to add some muscle to his frame. As good of a season he had, he's still probably not physically ready to turn pro.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Beckman needs to add some muscle to his frame. As good of a season he had, he's still probably not physically ready to turn pro.

Well he has alot of time to with this long offseason, if he can find a gym that is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad