Proposal: Byfield for Petterson

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Even better! Take a qualifying offer then the King's have time to clear up the space.
Canucks will trade him if he intends to take the QO to free agency.

If LA has to include Clarke and Kaliyev as a sweetener to take on a .5ppg underperforming PLD, I am fairly confident they'll pass on that.

Edit: Blake is pretty stupid though, so you may be on to something.
I mean, you can see how expensive it is to dump cap. Clarke and Kaliyev for Dubois’ term and amount is actually probably optimistic for LA.

Reactions: oceanchild

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Just stop.
Go look at previous cap dump deals. Bickel needed Teravainen, Bolland with Crouse, etc. Dubois’ term and cap hit are much worse and he has attitude and compete issues. That’s an expensive contract to dump. Attack the argument, not the poster.

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
Go look at previous cap dump deals. Bickel needed Teravainen, Bolland with Crouse, etc. Dubois’ term and cap hit are much worse and he has attitude and compete issues. That’s an expensive contract to dump. Attack the argument, not the poster.
Can you show me one example of an organization trading their top prospect for a cap dump?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Can you show me one example of an organization trading their top prospect for a cap dump?
I just did twice - Teravainen and Crouse at the time they both were traded. One year of Marleau cost the Leafs the 13th overall pick (turned into Jarvis).

Look, I am not saying LA should dump Dubois rather than see if he bounces back or maybe buy him out. But if they trade him, Clarke and Kaliyev seems like a conservative estimate on what it would take. His contract is a huge commitment and most owners would balk at paying that much for the production he’s shown so far.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
there's probably a gm stupid enough to trade for the wrong elias pettesson. if i was the canucks gm i would just be offering him around the league

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The cap says no. Any trade for EP is going to need to be cap balance post extension unless he is traded toa team with long term cap spwce

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
if pettersson wants out, there is no better (reasonable) target for the canucks than byfield.

if a third team is able to broker some sort of trade for pettersson, sending other assets to LA... sure

it won't happen but hey

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
there's probably a gm stupid enough to trade for the wrong elias pettesson. if i was the canucks gm i would just be offering him around the league
I hope you’re not serious, saying this stuff will also lower your chances of ever getting a management role in the NHL significantly

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Byfield, Dubois, Clarke, 1st, Kaliyev for Pettersson

Canucks get Byfield + 1st for Pettersson, the rest is to take Dubois’ contract.
Don’t want anything to do with Dubois, he is a cancer.

And I would want Byfield, Clarke and the first for Pettersson.

Look what they gave up for Dubios and he isn’t close to as good. They can dump him in a different transaction or hope and pray he gets better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad