Votes: 268 83.0%

• Total voters

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Gorton says NO, you sit on it and wait it out

1687056768657.jpeg

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If Hughes trades for Dubois, strong chance he makes another major move. He must plan on contending. Because he could wait a year and get Dubois for nil. Likely the free agent market or move up in draft.
There is no plan possible to contend next year. The team lack many pieces and even if you add Dubois they will be a bubble team at best. You won't be able to get McDavid or any superstar player that can lift the whole team to the playoff. The plan is to develop the young player and be more competitive.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
There is no plan possible to contend next year. The team lack many pieces and even if you add Dubois they will be a bubble team at best. You won't be able to get McDavid or any superstar player that can lift the whole team to the playoff. The plan is to develop the young player and be more competitive.
If Hughes trades for Dubois he had to plan to contend this season. Makes no sense any other way. Why give up a ton for Dubois on non playoff team when get him in a year for free. I doubt he trades for Dubois though.

Unless he has second deal to acquire another Matheson type. Hughes probably trade up also to get Fantilli. But slim chance that happens.

I think he stays at 5 and picks either Leonard or Benson. Signs a UFA or two.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If Hughes trades for Dubois he had to plan to contend this season. Makes no sense any other way. Why give up a ton for Dubois on non playoff team when get him in a year for free. I doubt he trades for Dubois though.

Unless he has second deal to acquire another Matheson type. Hughes probably trade up also to get Fantilli. But slim chance that happens.

Because Dubois would have to sign for many years. Him signing for 7 or 8 years will mean that the habs are building for the longterm

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI

PLD mostly likely will not be available to sign as a UFA in a year. Winnipeg is trying to trade him now, and he will probably sign an 8 year contract with whichever team acquires him.

Reactions: DAChampion

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Because Dubois would have to sign for many years. Him signing for 7 or 8 years will mean that the habs are building for the longterm
Hughes could do that next summer, keep his first picks and young players.

He's going to want a star first. People like Hughes it's how they think. He needs a star to win a Cup(s). Hughes will try hard to acquire Fantilli. I doubt he gets it done though.

Next he'll go for a right shot D. Preferably one who can run a powerplay. If he trades Mailloux to move up puts more pressure on him to acquire younger offensive D-man. If he can't get nobody likely move Barron in that position and sign a UFA like Klingberg for depth.

Habs short on left shot natural left wing also. Needs to play with Suzuki/Caufield. Should be Two way decent defensively. Only have Slaf and Heinemann, neither has the experience. He may dip into UFA market for a Barbashev or Killorn. A vet who can pot 25-30 goals. Along with multiplee roles.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Besides which Hoffman is very easily disposed of now if that is how we want to go. I really hope we don't continue to give him prime ice time in hopes of augmenting a value that just isn't there.
I'd buy Hoffman out just to keep MSL from playing him in all situations over our younger players.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'd buy Hoffman out just to keep MSL from playing him in all situations over our younger players.
Hoffman is the Drouin of last season. We are just as likely to buy him out as we did Drouin. He'll be moved for a bag of pucks at one point.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
By the way, the current buyout window closes June 30th.

Does anyone know when the next one opens and closes?

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Hoffman is the Drouin of last season. We are just as likely to buy him out as we did Drouin. He'll be moved for a bag of pucks at one point.
Well, if Hoffman is the Drouin of last season, he's not getting traded. The Habs had no takers for Drouin, even for a bag of used pucks. Hopefully Hughes can move him for something -- I'd be happy with the ever-popular player Future Considerations.

Reactions: PhysicX

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Maybe after the ufa or at the training camp if Hugo didnt deal him, i would consider it to make place for the young player (Ylonen Heineman)

1,6 for two year is nothing, we Will have Guhle to resign and who ?

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Last Year He scores on Power-Play (and can be traded or if Bubble keep) , Just Live with it! The Armia Contract is more bothersome, I hate seeing that Alzner Buyout, still all those years later( Lucky Guy Like Pezzetta is ok making less-than Alzner) R.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I seriously don't understand the Hoffman hate... He's the third most productive player on this team in the last 2 years after Nick and Cole.

He's not making 9M$ a year or something...

Just let him play out his last year and that's it, he's nowhere as bad as people think or make it sound.

Reactions: MadMslm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad