• Maybe

• No

• Do Dogs Bark?

Results are only viewable after voting.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Rammer just sucks. That's all there is to it. He is a trash producer/developer. Or maybe he's a decent developer, but can't handle being the sole lead of the product. Whichever it is, he needs to be removed.

I remember some guy named Gurn Sumal doing the interviews during NHL's peak (NHL09-13). Wonder if he is still with the company. Seems unlikely from his linkedin. Updates ironically stop after NHL14.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/gurn-sumal-b1572746/?originalSubdomain=ca

Anyone that has worked with a crappy tech lead/project manager in the real word knows that person can completely destroy a product. I've always wondered if that's what happened to the NHL series.
David Littman was in charge at its peak (2008-2014). It was around 2013/2014 where Rammer started taking over and eventually got his position fully after 2014 and the game was very stagnant and only focused on HUT.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Not at full $80 price.
Played 18 for about 3 weeks, got bored fast.
Took '19 off didnt go near it.

I've heard good things about 20. I could never get behind HUT. hate this micro transaction ****.
I remember I believe it was NHL '11 when they had the Legends team which also had the Sedins and Mike Richards LOL.

Loved playing with Gretzky Mess Lemieux etc.

Then they took that team away. killed the fun. Also not a fan of contracts in HUT. The one thing MLB TS got right was no contracts.

I'll be waiting for Black Friday and Boxing Day sales. As well as any PS store deals.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I really don't want to give EA my money, i've been getting a lot of mileage out of NHL17 which I bought in late 2017 for like 10 bucks, but i'm getting the itch.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Think I may do the same. I want both the new NHL and the new PES, PES quality is always good so ill probably pick that up full price now and wait for an NHL price drop.

Day 1 came and I didn't want to buy it , wife pretty much forced me to get it...:sarcasm:

I'm sorry I didn't fight the good fight...:help:

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Bought it and already regretting it. No idea why when the difficulty is turned up my AI team mates cant get loose pucks let alone make an accurate pass and the other team turns into a bunch of crackheads who never take penalties. Edit: didn't even mention the micro transactions where people already have 10+ icon collectables and legend teams 2 weeks into a game being released lmao.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Bought it and already regretting it. No idea why when the difficulty is turned up my AI team mates cant get loose pucks let alone make an accurate pass and the other team turns into a bunch of crackheads who never take penalties. Edit: didn't even mention the micro transactions where people already have 10+ icon collectables and legend teams 2 weeks into a game being released lmao.

The AI is completely braindead. My AI constantly goes offside, not by a skate or two but by several meters. And a couple of times a game, one player goes berzerk and runs over the goalkeeper for no apparent reason, forcing a face-off, while I’m already in possession of the puck.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Probably for GM mode and to just get my online fix.

But honestly.. I wish no.

The a.i is SOOOOO BAD. It's just incredible how bad it looks. Ever watched a cpu vs cpu game? It's like watching the board hockey game with the sticks you push and pull. Such a bad design.

Oh and btw.. they add tuners to slightly ruin the gameplay each year so you think the next year is so much better.

EA is the worst company.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
The AI is completely braindead. My AI constantly goes offside, not by a skate or two but by several meters. And a couple of times a game, one player goes berzerk and runs over the goalkeeper for no apparent reason, forcing a face-off, while I’m already in possession of the puck.

Absolute worst a.i I've ever seen in a game. He worst.

Even when playing 6v6 the A.I has it's hand in your movements and decision making. The game is basically semiautomatic.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Look up EA DDA and all your questions will be answered. They are putting better player/teams at a disadvantage in hopes of a close game/keeping the less skilled player around. Instead of getting beat like they should and getting better at the game.
Yes exactly!!! There's so much other crap they do to appease to the masses. Can't they just make a mode where there is absolutely no a.i involvement and you need to make ever play manually.

Reactions: Juha

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Yes exactly!!! There's so much other crap they do to appease to the masses. Can't they just make a mode where there is absolutely no a.i involvement and you need to make ever play manually.

This is becoming a staple in all EA games. FIFA is the absolute worst for it. Look up fifa scripting/momentum shifting whatever you want to call it. It’s laughable how blatantly obvious it is.

Cater to the casuals and level the playing field.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
I am considering buying XBOX ONE S all-digital alongside NHL20 for Christmas - there is sale around here, its being sold for 179 EUROs. Should i do it? Strictly cause of NHL, i have PC for gaming otherwise.

Juha

Feb 18, 2014
Finland
I bought the game on friday when it was 50% off and I still felt like I was being ripped off. (I played it on the Xbox one x.) Everything from the AI to the new commentators felt like a bad joke. Only surface level changes. The core of the game is just as bad as it was the year before. The whole game feels like a scam. Needless to say I am trying to get a refund. I won't give any constructive criticism because I don't want to give EA any ideas on how to get my money again. I love hockey but this franchise can die for all I care. The game is simply not fun at all.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I bought the game on friday when it was 50% off and I still felt like I was being ripped off. (I played it on the Xbox one x.) Everything from the AI to the new commentators felt like a bad joke. Only surface level changes. The core of the game is just as bad as it was the year before. The whole game feels like a scam. Needless to say I am trying to get a refund. I won't give any constructive criticism because I don't want to give EA any ideas on how to get my money again. I love hockey but this franchise can die for all I care. The game is simply not fun at all.

I've bought every one since 2005, until this year. Didn't buy, won't buy. You hit the nail on the head. The developers found a way to suck all the fun out of NHL games.

Reactions: Juha

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I am considering buying XBOX ONE S all-digital alongside NHL20 for Christmas - there is sale around here, its being sold for 179 EUROs. Should i do it? Strictly cause of NHL, i have PC for gaming otherwise.
If you can afford it buy the xb1X. Or wait until next Christmas.

leafsnat1on

Jan 16, 2014
Toronto
I bought this on sale and i would say it isnt worth it due to the fact that goalies cant save a beach ball. My best goalie is a .895 save percentage and the best goalie in the league is a .909 save percentage and goals against higher than 2.7.
Does anyone else have this issue in franchise mode sim? If so, did you fix it? I tried changing the goalie settings and I kind of helped but I also don't want players to not score so its hard to find the right mix.

Also, not worth buying because EA logic that an 80 overall goalie outperforms a 90 overall goalie.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Wish I didn’t buy it. The AI is total garbage trying to play franchise mode. My AI can’t stop a puck, constantly go offside, take penalties, don’t cover their man,etc...while the opposing goalie is the 2nd coming of Dominik Hasek and the skaters land every hit, easily poke the puck away and seem to roll off of me every time I go for a hit.

I’ve messed with all the sliders and unfortunately it doesn’t do much. I’m playing on pro with all this happened but semi-pro is way too easy and I end up winning 10-2. I likely won’t be buying another EA game until they fix this.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Did not end up buying and won't this year. I just think hockey is too hard of a sport to simulate in video game form at this point. The play is too fast in real to emulate in a fun way on console if that makes sense. It's why I find it far more fun to play other sporting games such as Madden or FIFA; they are simply easier sports to turn into a fun game that actually feels real.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad