• Yes

• Maybe

• No

• Do Dogs Bark?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
This was the first year I played NBA 2k on this generation. Outside of microtransactions, which the NHL series is doing its damndest to catch up on the NHL series is an absolute joke of a sports game through and through in comparison. NHL still hasn't re added features from NHL 13. Only reason NBA bombed in ratings because there is straight up nothing else they can add as a feature. You can be commissioner and propose rule changes ffs. NHL cant even get IR and NTC added when they had NTC in what, NHL 08 or something.

But yeah, NHL 19 is better than NBA 2k19 lmao. Get over your NBA inferiority complex already hfboards... Not to mention NBA was ratings bombed on metacritics and has 3x amount the user reviews as NHL series.

Agree with this.

I'm traditionally an NHL gamer but the 2K NBA games are fantastic for my own enjoyment. Already got my $5 worth out of 2K19 easily playing the career mode that is considerably better and gives you the options of what features to basically disable during the season to cut down on the mindless things. The trade engine alone should make EA embarrassed to sell what they do.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
I play this game more than any other game I buy so yes. There's not a ton of huge changes but that's not really expected at this point and I like the updated presentation (assuming they fix the score bar) and the ability to search for trades will be a great add to Franchise mode.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'll wait until its in the EA Vault.

As far as I understand all they did was making passing worse, change shooting animations and that's it?

Shesty31

Jul 10, 2011
Connecticut
I’m a sucker for franchise mode, so I’ll buy a game that has some quality changes in franchise mode, which it looks like this one will have.

Reactions: YP44

nilssont

May 27, 2007
No. I have played every year since NHL 96 but ill stop now.

Im a HUT guy , and I dont spend cash on packs

They really sucked the fun out of it, grinding 2000 goals, 10000 hits or logging on 4 times a day just to have an below average team really took the fun out of it, I mean come on.

Just f*** off EA with your latest ideas for HUT, HUT is f***ing terrible

Lol I miss the old days... NHL04 was quite a game

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
I’m a sucker for franchise mode, so I’ll buy a game that has some quality changes in franchise mode, which it looks like this one will have.

Same here.

But i'll wait for Black Friday to get it for in or around the $20 range as i've done the last 3 years.

The further you get into adulthood the more games you want to play and less time you have to play any of them...so my answer to that is to just hit up sales and avoid the new/flashy current titles that are $80+ tax or more.

Too much value in the sales now to even think about buying an EA game brand new in any sport from my point of view. It's cost me around $40 for NBA, NHL, Madden, and Fifa 19 by using this strategy and i'm fine with that considering renting a game for $8.99 at Blockbuster used to seem like a good deal ;)

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Just bought NBA 2k19 during that E3 sale, even if its the worst 2k this generation, blows NHL out of water in every way possible.
NBA blows NHL outta the water..... are u kidding me. biggest wuss sport. Game's barely fun to play.
atleast NHL is fast paced and actually fun to play.
oh boy I put a ball in a hoop guess I gotta do this another 100 times to win this meh game.
only thing that NBA looks like it has over NHL is an actual story. if thats not NBA2k20,

NBA2k19 better than NHL. you're drunk

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Buy it every year, I find if you dont it's hard to find games online in the past version. Looking forward to being able to play ones in house.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I actually love HUT and would and did definitely spend some cash on it, except that once I realized they were basically abandoning the offline modes I refuse to put another cent into it. If they would just do something decent with Be A Pro and Franchise (yes, I know they did some stuff with Franchise and it sounds good, but it's still a pretty pathetic total update), then I'd be more willing to buy the game and spend some cash every now and then on some packs. I'm skipping this year, the first year I've skipped because my favorite mode is BaP and I'm sick of them ignoring it.

Hitman77

May 6, 2015
Haven't had an NHL game since the one with Ovechkin on the cover so yes, I'll pick this one up.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I don't get it. You play Madden or FIFA and all EA Sports has done is aggressively make them more high scoring and "arcadey." Especially in the past couple years. Yet with NHL they have done their damndest to make it slow, bland, and boring each year since 13 or 14.

The gameplay is not fun. Too many things seem out of your control. Random bumping with the puck changing possession back and forth, terrible pass pickups, random passes to no where, worse cycling, more difficult to play defense and stop inevitable cheese goals because you can barely use the poke check, etc. And I'm sooooooooo sick of scrubs saying YoU DOnT KNoW HOW tO PoKE ChEck on here. Highly ranked versus player for years, highly ranked dman 3v3 for years. High % goals are inevitable in every game as players figure it out. The only way to combat them is by allowing some resemblance of the old poke check. Otherwise you are stuck with this bumping bullshit that seems like a coin flip on who gets the puck a lot of the time.

When I was in college, NHL and FIFA were the games to play against your buddies. But now it seems to be mostly FIFA and that's it. People can cry about the early 2010s era of NHL as being unrealistic, but those games were a hit amongst friends and actually fun. And you felt like you were in control. Less errant passes. Easier cycling (those go hand in hand). Consistent hitting. If you knew where a player was going, you could stop them. All this shit feels less in your control now.

But yea....I'll be buying it because there isn't an alternative.

Last edited:

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
NBA blows NHL outta the water..... are u kidding me. biggest wuss sport. Game's barely fun to play.
atleast NHL is fast paced and actually fun to play.
oh boy I put a ball in a hoop guess I gotta do this another 100 times to win this meh game.
only thing that NBA looks like it has over NHL is an actual story. if thats not NBA2k20,

NBA2k19 better than NHL. you're drunk

Your comment is subjective and reeks of insecurity.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
The price keeps going up and the additional remains less to none. They need to give this game a bigger overhaul. The scouting change last year was phenomenal but that is the only significant franchise change in like a decade. It's pretty sad when an early /mid-2000's NHL 2k game has more options and amenities then EA's 2019 version. The franchise mode needs an overhaul but I think it's on the online CHEL and stuff that make them their bucks. I don't suspect they will make the changes I want. I only purchased 19 for the new scouting system.

Maybe.. I'll get it for Christmas (on sale for $40) but I don't even think that is worth it, to be honest. They need to cater to more than just the online play. Until then I am opting out.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I don't know why I'll be buying it because I know it will just disappoint me like they have for about 10 years now. I don't even really enjoy the game anymore, it's just way too cluttered for my liking. I miss the good old days, where a good deke got you a breakaway. A lined up player resulted in a big hit. I just can't stand the crap EA is putting out now, the computer chooses and controls the aspect of the game. I don't even know why I'll be buying it, but I will in hopes for some change. The last NHL I really loved had Bergeron on the cover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad