OT: Buying inline skates in Montreal

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
I have some old Bauer hockey inline skates that are done (frame broke on 1) and I was looking into buying a new pair of urban skates which would fit most of my needs. I play some outdoor inline hockey with my skates but they are mostly for commute/recreational use. (budget of 200-300$). I don't care too much for the brand but after looking a little bit, Seba and Rollerblade seem to have the best urban skates out there.

Any suggestions on what model I should go for and you guys have any idea where I can buy these in Montreal. I've seen that Shop-Task Montreal closed which is a bummer because they are the only ones I find carrying Seba skates.

Thanks for helping.

Edit. I won't buy online if I can't try them on first in store. Ive worn skates from size 10 to 11 depending on the brand.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
When it comes to inline skates, you really don't want to mess around. At all. I have some models in stock right now that could be yours. But first we have to find your inline style, to find a skate that is right for you, your life and most of all your feet.

First let me introduce you to: The Mercury.

mercury-1_01.jpg

Now the Mercury is a pretty serious roller skate. First thing you'll notice is it's sleek futuristic design. Do you want to skate on the edge? I mean hello, it is 2014, future is now my friend. Now what the Mercury lacks in actual ankle support to prevent your ankle from breaking all the time, it makes up for with shocks, yep shocks. You will see the 5 inch by 1 inch coil extending from heel to toe. These shocks are rated for everything from small sidewalk pebble to medium sized stick. You will also be taking those sidewalk cracks like a champ.

Next we have: The Trick-Pro Plus

How-to-Adjust-Inline-Skates.jpg

The Trick-Pro is the ultimate in wheel busting urban skating. Want to bust a sick 50-50 tail grab rail grind infront of some serious babes, well, take note of the circle shaped groove placed in the middle of this bad boy's blades, perfect for your center of gravity. With these babies you will be busting some serious moves out there. These will be best for you if you spend most your time in the concrete jungle, busting sick tricks, rail slides and flips.

Next I can recommend: The Powerslide

powerslide-xc-skeleton.jpg

Now the powerslide may look like some sort of mobility device you see in walmart, but no, these puppies are the ultimate in summer skating. Do you want to feel the breeze through your toes? Yeah I thought so, these are like the flip flops of inline skating, style, easy to use, cool and better than flip flops... Fast as hell. You're buddies will be asking you where you got these bad boy S.O.B.'s.
These sun slickers are equipped with off road 2 inch wide tired, basically the dodge F'en ram of the inline skating world. These things will take not just a sidewalk crack, but a sidewalk curb to road transition like a dune buggy. These will be perfect for that rough urban environment, like Detroit.

Next up: The Dance Pro 2

RLDRBYENGY-2.jpg

Do you like the night life? Do you like to boogey? Then these are the roller dance shoes for you! Electric slide? No problem! With these suckers on you will dance the go-go, limbo, sambo with ease. Notice the four wheels for stability and front stopper for those tough toe pick spins. These are the ultimate in super skate dance kicks. If you live near a roller rink or in Texas, than these are the skate for you.

I really hope I've provided some assistance in your super skate search.

Stay inline bro.

One love. Skate!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad