TSN: Button

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think I got the tournament name wrong, the one they play if they don't make the playoffs or lose in the early rounds. I remember it was Sweden vs Canada and Willie vs Mitch
World Championships

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Does anyone know where we can pull past mock drafts from Button to see if he was spot on or not with his past predictions? Would be interesting!

I use this site ... 2018 NHL Draft Rankings (they have all the previous achieved drafts and rankings).

Good for not only Button by all scouting agencies.

I looked up Button's 2015 draft final ranking and he had Provorov, Werenski ( > Hanifin), Boeser and Kyle Conner in his top 10. (2015 NHL Draft Prospect Rankings) Some of those rankings are looking promising for him.

Reactions: francis246

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I use this site ... 2018 NHL Draft Rankings (they have all the previous achieved drafts and rankings).

Good for not only Button by all scouting agencies.

I looked up Button's 2015 draft final ranking and he had Provorov, Werenski ( > Hanifin), Boeser and Kyle Conner in his top 10. (2015 NHL Draft Prospect Rankings) Some of those rankings are looking promising for him.
Last season when Marner was having a more productive pace in terms of goal scoring, that link says Button ranked him 3rd. However I remember he wanted the Leafs to select Provorov and I think he also like them to select Werenski. Everyone else had them selecting Marner or Hanifin. Now we can debate what was the right choice, however from what I remember based on his ranking of Marner and the Leafs selecting 4th overall in 2015, did he think the Leafs needed defense a lot more. Even if they didn't select Marner I think they would have went with Hanifin, so would Button said that was the wrong pick? Of course that's easy to say now with the benefit of hindsight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad