Busting The Patrick Roy Myth

Yamaguchi*

LOL again based on individual awards how is Smith better than Roy?

My opinion is not solely based on the number of awards of a certain player. Therefore, Billy wins it.

Nevertheless, you are entitled to your own opinion.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
OMG you can't be serious.

The Habs outside of goal had 2 HOF defensemen, 7 selke trophies and didn't play a single division winner. My grandmother could of played in the net and won a cup.

Could HAVE.

And personal attack on Roy = unsuccessful

Unless you saw him play in '86 and '93 then you can't really say much. And if you did see him play and STILL come to the same conclusion, then I'm worried for you.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
My opinion is not solely based on the number of awards of a certain player. Therefore, Billy wins it... Nevertheless, you are entitled to your own opinion.

... and your perfectly entitled to yours Yamaguchi. I'm guessin your one of those people who likes their hockey players & food hot, wings beyond suicide. Franks Red Hot Sauce in measuring a mere 450 on the Scoville Scale insufficient. You'd buy Blairs Reserve. 16 million clicks on Organoleptic Chilli Pepper Heat Charts. One drop a near death experience.

saskganesh

Jun 19, 2006
the Annex
It's part of the Patrick Roy myth that he talked to his goalposts, but what is under appreciated is that his goalposts talked back.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
It's part of the Patrick Roy myth that he talked to his goalposts,
but what is under appreciated is that his goalposts talked back.

... ahh. So your the one responsible for writing those Dos
Equis Most Interesting Man in the World quotes & soliloquies. ;)

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
OMG you can't be serious.

The Habs outside of goal had 2 HOF defensemen, 7 selke trophies and didn't play a single division winner. My grandmother could of played in the net and won a cup.

Is she still available? There are 30 Teams that would like to have her, as starter or at least back up.

Yamaguchi*

... and your perfectly entitled to yours Yamaguchi. I'm guessin your one of those people who likes their hockey players & food hot, wings beyond suicide. Franks Red Hot Sauce in measuring a mere 450 on the Scoville Scale insufficient. You'd buy Blairs Reserve. 16 million clicks on Organoleptic Chilli Pepper Heat Charts. One drop a near death experience.

I love very spicy food. Makes you better at hockey and jiggy-jiggy

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Billy got the Smythe in 1983

Dont forget the Calder in 1971.... oh, and the Vezina in 1982. First year that they'd changed the criteria which previously was fewest GA over the season. That distinction & award transferred to the newly created Jennings Trophy, the Vezina awarded to the leagues "Most Outstanding Goalkeeper" as voted on by the General Managers. Billy went on to win the Jennings in 83, shared with Roly the Goalie Melanson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad