Busting The Patrick Roy Myth

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
But not in a row, not with the same team

It's more impressive that Roy won his cups with two different teams over such a lengthy span (1986-2001) because it shows that he was dominant over his entire career.

Regardless, four cups in a row doesn't trump three Conn Smythe Trophies. No other player in NHL history has three, nor has any player won the award with two different teams aside from Roy.

Yamaguchi*

In one thread you argue using individual success, in the other you argue using team success.

So, define your criteria.

In the Fedorov/Selanne thread --
please read my posts above. Initially, I was talking about team success (Gold medals). Then Forsberg mentioned the individual success and I had to speak about the individual trophies

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
In the Fedorov/Selanne thread --
please read my posts above. Initially, I was talking about team success (Gold medals). Then Forsberg mentioned the individual success and I had to speak about the individual trophies

So why not compare individual awards between Smith and Roy?

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
I would rank Patrick Roy 4th on the all time list of netminders:

1 - Tretiak

2 - Smith, Billy

3 - Hasek

4 - Roy

5 - Plante

Not in skill. In achievements

I think it puts Billy above them. You are entitled to your opinion.

Who cares. Billy was a better goalie

Do you want me to repeat my posts from this thread?

I said that I'd choose Billy over Roy to start Game 7 of the Cup finals.

Ill do it for you buddy. Go ahead and post some others. You'll just prove that you keep changing your own argument and don't know what your really saying.

Yamaguchi*

Ill do it for you buddy. Go ahead and post some others. You'll just prove that you keep changing your own argument and don't know what your really saying.

I cannot see any contradictions in the above comments. Billy was a better goalie in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad