Bustin' for Auston: Oilers lose 1-0

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
It's funny how people actually thought this team would be ok this year.

It's even funnier thinking mcdavid will change anything.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Is that because you think he would be more effective in the role of 'team policeman' than a cheap shot artist; or because you don't like the idea of that type of player on the team?

I think the 'team policeman' role is dead. Kessy can hold his own in a fight but he'd be far more effective on the forecheck, drawing penalties, and actually playing hockey. Khaira would be fine in that role too.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
So I read Yak was back today, on the same day as McD. Coincidence or **** leeching of epic proportions? :laugh:...

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
The Oilers are first in the league for TOI-adjusted man games lost. Some of you need to dial it back IMHO. They're not anywhere near the worst team in the league.

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011
So I read Yak was back today, on the same day as McD. Coincidence or **** leaching of epic proportions? :laugh:...

Yup, Yak decided to fake his injury tests and really got one past the doctor just so he wouldn't have to play without McDavid.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
So I read Yak was back today, on the same day as McD. Coincidence or **** leeching of epic proportions? :laugh:...

I thought it was the team keeping Yakupov out longer so he doesn't completely destroy his value before McDavid returns.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
That's a pretty insulting conclusion to draw, Yak's one of the hardest working guys on the team and he bleeds Oiler blue.

Yup, Yak decided to fake his injury tests and really got one past the doctor just so he wouldn't have to play without McDavid.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team held him out a little longer to return with McD. His trade value was taking a thrashing while his host was on the injured reserve. He's going to get pumped and dumped. I don't think there is any question about that. :nod:

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
I thought it was the team keeping Yakupov out longer so he doesn't completely destroy his value before McDavid returns.

Yep I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Does anyone actually think Ference is seriously injured at the moment.:shakehead

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
broke down and bought myself tickets to the World Championships in St Petersberg--hopefully some oiles will swing by a play again this year
Flight was £180, Hotel for 8 days £200 and Tickets £150--Have not been to st pete for 20 years --should be fun

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
I wouldn't be surprised if the team held him out a little longer to return with McD. His trade value was taking a thrashing while his host was on the injured reserve. He's going to get pumped and dumped. I don't think there is any question about that. :nod:
Have you ever had a high ankle sprain. Look what happened to Klinkhammer when he returned from a high ankle sprain and re-injured the ankle the same game he returned. Good grief. :shakehead:help:

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Hurt his feelings pretty bad I think.

Ference on LTIR all of next year makes perfect sense. Book it now. It works out better for everyone than a buyout would. Except maybe Katz depending on how he is looking at things and extra cash out of his pocket.

The Oilers escape basically any penalty for his salary against the cap. IIRC correctly they don't 'officially' get extra cap space, but can replace Ference's contract with a player on up to the same contract.

Ference gets the full $3.25M remaining on his contract next year.

Katz has to pay out an extra $1.08M to buy the cap room savings.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Ference on LTIR all of next year makes perfect sense. Book it now. It works out better for everyone (except Katz) than a buyout would.

The Oilers escape basically any penalty for his salary against the cap. IIRC correctly they don't 'officially' get extra cap space, but can replace Ference's contract with a player on up to the same contract.

Watch us win the lottery again only to have the league step in and strip us of the pick for abusing the LTIR system....:laugh:....

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Ference on LTIR all of next year makes perfect sense. Book it now. It works out better for everyone than a buyout would. Except maybe Katz depending on how he is looking at things and extra cash out of his pocket.

I bet he gets bought out. No point keeping him around if he is done as an NHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad