Post-Game Talk: Burgh 2, State of Florida 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
JB perhaps calling yinz out:

There is a certain portion of the Penguins fan base that is very critical of Chris Kunitz and Eric Fehr.

They’re the players fans want traded to create cap space. They’re the players who should make way for top prospect Jake Guentzel.

While there are valid points for and against those arguments, tonight wasn’t a good night to make them.

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/2017/01/09/aftermath-pens-beat-bolts-2/#axzz4VMULKF1G

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

qNoqLNz.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I always hate when people review a game based off the stat sheet. I think Maatta's best game this year was when he had 0-0-0 and was a -2, but seriously was one of our best defenders all night.

Kunitz took two dumb penalties. Just because he scored doesn't mean he's good. Fehr, on the other hand, was actually good all game. That 4th line worked well.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I always hate when people review a game based off the stat sheet. I think Maatta's best game this year was when he had 0-0-0 and was a -2, but seriously was one of our best defenders all night.

Kunitz took two dumb penalties. Just because he scored doesn't mean he's good. Fehr, on the other hand, was actually good all game. That 4th line worked well.

But JB was there too, it's not like he's reviewing it from box scores. I think that JB's overall point is that Pittsburgh fans are taking things to an extreme and being overly critical about things. JB, like Sullivan, apparently, simply doesn't put stock in the things you do, Cole. It's a valid opinion. :dunno: :laugh:

Man, I think we all need a bit of distance from this Kunitz biz, it's getting silly. Next thing, we'll be arguing about whether or not it's acceptable to have someone grab you an number at PennMac while you have lunch. It's tearing apart the very fabric of our beings! :o

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Family annihilators are usually triggered by an event that aggravates their insecurities about their ability to support their families. I've never heard of one being triggered by roster moves.

"In sports, Chris Kunitz scores twice as the Penguins defeat the Flyers, 5-2. Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin were held pointless. In local news, a community is reeling after tragedy strikes; four dead in apparent Cranberry murder-suicide."

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't get the Fehr hate. He's not Evgeni Malkin, but he's also not on the first PP and getting paid like a superstar. He's actually a real hockey player who can skate and do stuff with the puck. If this was three years ago, we'd be saying he's a breath of fresh air on the 4th line after bums like Adams and Glass.

There's no Fehr hate coming from me and honestly, there'd be less Kunitz hate if 1.He were paid less than he is for his role and 2. He were given ice time equal to his performance.

People see guys like Kuhn and think he can do more for the cap hit and are frustrated he is sitting for Fehr. I don't think it's a big deal or anything, but it'd be nice to see guys rotate in and out of the lineup.

The other thing is that if we didn't have Guentzel in the AHL, I think less people would complain about Kunitz.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
There's no Fehr hate coming from me and honestly, there'd be less Kunitz hate if 1.He were paid less than he is for his role and 2. He were given ice time equal to his performance.

People see guys like Kuhn and think he can do more for the cap hit and are frustrated he is sitting for Fehr. I don't think it's a big deal or anything, but it'd be nice to see guys rotate in and out of the lineup.

The other thing is that if we didn't have Guentzel in the AHL, I think less people would complain about Kunitz.

I don't buy that. People were arguing at length for years that Kunitz should be replaced by Beau Bennett's corpse. Unless there were no other players on Earth people would advocate against Kunitz.

Which isn't to say that I wouldn't prefer Guentzel. I would.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Fehr has more goals than Kunitz, with no PP time, playing out of position, and without the benefit of being fed golden opportunities night after night from three of the most gifted playmakers in the league.

The issue isn't why do fans dislike them both... it's why is Kunitz not being benched or demoted to the fourth line like Fehr has been subjected to?

Why is Fehr getting the short end here when he's out producing Kunitz under the much less than ideal circumstances that Kunitz is afforded.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
But JB was there too, it's not like he's reviewing it from box scores. I think that JB's overall point is that Pittsburgh fans are taking things to an extreme and being overly critical about things. JB, like Sullivan, apparently, simply doesn't put stock in the things you do, Cole. It's a valid opinion. :dunno: :laugh:

Man, I think we all need a bit of distance from this Kunitz biz, it's getting silly. Next thing, we'll be arguing about whether or not it's acceptable to have someone grab you an number at PennMac while you have lunch. It's tearing apart the very fabric of our beings! :o

Sully also doesn't waste his time posting on a message board like I do. :laugh: I'm here to over-analyze and hang out with you jabronis. I'm paid, in likes, to discuss our hatred of Kunitz!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't buy that. People were arguing at length for years that Kunitz should be replaced by Beau Bennett's corpse. Unless there were no other players on Earth people would advocate against Kunitz.

Which isn't to say that I wouldn't prefer Guentzel. I would.

I get your point and certainly some would.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
This team may be unique in that the other worse players sre serviceable. As bad as fehr is, hes not a big issue on the 4th. He actually isnt awful at all. Kuhn is better, but fehr is still good. That is not a bad scenario.

Eh I disagree. Imo this board is overly critical. When Kunitz was injured, it was Boninos time to be traded and some guys actually wrote about a Sully firing, because he played Geno with Kunitz and Hornqvist for ~10 games.
This board has become obsessed with the pens repeating. It has lost the ability to appreciate how well the pens are playing. Just compare it to the PGT of our winning streak at the end of last season. Kunitz was playing on the first line with Sid and he looked just as ****** as he does now. He got criticised, but there were a lot more appreciation for how well the pens actuallly play.

Well this is just my opinion, so no need for recomnending me to search for another place ;)

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

People keep talking about kunitz dumb penalties when Malkin leads the team in PIMs . he's the king of dumb penalties.

I want kunitz gone just as much as the next person, but if we are going to focus on dumb penalties then Malkin should be called out.

Yes I know Geno provides much more than kunitz..that goes without saying.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
The discussion has become more about the discussion and the board than the game, so it seems like a good time to move on. Roster Building thread is here and the All Purpose thread is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad