GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs Montreal Canadiens- 11/29/14 7:00pm EST City, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
After seeing that pic of Gorgeous Josh and Pinto Brian, I'm asking myself did Emelin hit Gionta last night with his shoulder or his knee cap? Gorges isn't a tall man but Gionta looks real small next to him.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Would be pretty funny if Habs manage to get swept by the Sabres on the B2B. No changes required though, still #1.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
No hockey fan has wanted their player to lay a hit on an opposing player, their captain no less, on the team that just beat us? I'm clearly a sociopath hidden in plain clothes - hide your kids away.

Is this a case of in vino veritas or your case in Jacko Danielas veritas?

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Wow has anyone seen Gorges pregame interview? The guy was on the verge of tears. I was never of fan of his in terms of skill, but it pulled at the heart strings. You can tell it meant the world to him to be a Hab. Almost made me want him back. Hope he returns one day at a lesser contract.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Wow has anyone seen Gorges pregame interview? The guy was on the verge of tears. I was never of fan of his in terms of skill, but it pulled at the heart strings. You can tell it meant the world to him to be a Hab. Almost made me want him back. Hope he returns one day at a lesser contract.

"he ate babies and killed puppies on his free time, and he liked to push handicaped children down the stairs"
-Habs HFBoard's description of Gorges

I miss him

The n00b King

Kingin' since 2003
Feb 10, 2008
Singapore

Gretzky level of emotion.

The guy was always a warrior, but business always takes precedence. Not the first time someone's heart gets broken. We're not robots.

That's why business people are generally awful humans.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Gretzky level of emotion.

The guy was always a warrior, but business always takes precedence. Not the first time someone's heart gets broken. We're not robots.

That's why business people are generally awful humans.

Yeah I still remember Cole's reaction to getting traded. It was a great move by Bergevin but man, watching his exit interview was sad. You could hear his voice cracking talking about his teammates. I don't know if I'd have the heart to do it, good thing Bergevin is tough.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
"he ate babies and killed puppies on his free time, and he liked to push handicaped children down the stairs"
-Habs HFBoard's description of Gorges

I miss him

I miss him too but the team we have now is different. I feel like all the guys genuinely like playing for the team so it's not as though I can say "Gorges should replaced some of these heartless players". I could have easily said that a few years ago with the Kostitsyns, Ryder, and even Vanek last year. We make fun of the term a lot but Bergevin has done a good job assembling a character team.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So what are you telling us? The reason you hate Therrien s o much is because he built your house?

Means just because my house is still standing doesn't mean I shouldn't fix the rotting foundation.

Just because we are winning games doesn't mean we shouldn't criticize the glaring problems that will eventually lead to a collapse.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Yeah I still remember Cole's reaction to getting traded. It was a great move by Bergevin but man, watching his exit interview was sad. You could hear his voice cracking talking about his teammates. I don't know if I'd have the heart to do it, good thing Bergevin is tough.

Cole was a true Hab and he was only here for just over a year. Gorges too. Real good guys, hard working guys who loved the team and understood what it meant to be a Hab.

Gionta never did seem to get it - and chasing the dollar by signing with the league's WORST team in OUR division was just the most glaring, recent example of his mercenary tendencies. I don't understand how Habs fans could abide having that smurf be the face of the franchise.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Means just because my house is still standing doesn't mean I shouldn't fix the rotting foundation.

Just because we are winning games doesn't mean we shouldn't criticize the glaring problems that will eventually lead to a collapse.

Criticize yeah okay

Turn every bad thing in the world against DD and MT, not so sure

there was at least 4 people who posted "well DD can't do that" after Ennis' goal last night, that's just an agenda

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Cole was a true Hab and he was only here for just over a year. Gorges too. Real good guys, hard working guys who loved the team and understood what it meant to be a Hab.

Gionta never did seem to get it - and chasing the dollar by signing with the league's WORST team in OUR division was just the most glaring, recent example of his mercenary tendencies. I don't understand how Habs fans could abide having that smurf be the face of the franchise.

I agree that Gionta never got it. He seems pretty detached from the whole situation. I mean, he was our captain for 5 years but you could tell that a lot of players took more room in the locker room.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 5m5 minutes ago
Confirmed: Dustin Tokarski gets the start in goal against the Sabres. No other roster changes tonight. #GoHabsGo

Why does he do this? Our D is old and slow. There's no reason to not put Gilbert back in the line-up. Its back-to-back.

Ugh.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 5m5 minutes ago
Confirmed: Dustin Tokarski gets the start in goal against the Sabres. No other roster changes tonight. #GoHabsGo

Why does he do this? Our D is old and slow. There's no reason to not put Gilbert back in the line-up. Its back-to-back.

Ugh.

I don't like the make-up of our D right now. A notable lack of footspeed.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
We went from a mobile defense to a defense slower than last year. Why?

Well, last year we had Gorges and Murray. Not better in that department. At least this year we thought we'd see Tinordi and Beaulieu getting their opportunity, but I think the organization had much higher expectations than what they saw from them coming into this year. Same for Gilbert.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We went from a mobile defense to a defense slower than last year. Why?

The thing is.. the D looks a lot more mobile with just Beaulieu-Gilbert in there. Most mobile would be with Tinordi in that grouping as well.

Therrien is in his glory with his slow footed veteran D men. I'm sure JJD loves having Allen to throw out there like Murray.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Well, last year we had Gorges and Murray. Not better in that department. At least this year we thought we'd see Tinordi and Beaulieu getting their opportunity, but I think the organization had much higher expectations than what they saw from them coming into this year. Same for Gilbert.

Higher expectations? I'm still trying to figure out what Tinordi did (other than being 22) that warranted him getting sent down.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Higher expectations? I'm still trying to figure out what Tinordi did (other than being 22) that warranted him getting sent down.

He was young and made a mistake.

That's all it takes to get drawn-and-quartered by Therrien. If he was 40 years old, ****, he'd be playing 30 minutes a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad