Pre-Game Talk: Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs | TUESDAY @ 730pm | SNO | Jack vs Auston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitts Marner*

So we aren't allowed to have faith in the Leafs on the main boards.
We aren't allowed to have faith in the Leafs on the LEAFS board.

Just making sure I understand this correctly.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
There are also different kinds of arrogance. The Leafs fanbase is less "The Leafs are the greatest ever" arrogant and more "We know more than our coach and GM" arrogant.

I'd love to see Leafs fans admit that this fanbase isn't any better or worse than pretty much every other fanbase. Actually, the fact that Leafs fans seem to think they're better than other fanbases is another form of arrogance.

Well.. we are leafs.. can't blame us. Drops mic

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I think Nonis truly became a lame duck once Carlyle was fired. That's the moment Shanahan had seen enough and decided it was time to rebuild that dumpster fire.

ah right I was ahead on my nonis lame duck timeline, still with all the talk of Shanny sitting down in Sweden with Michael and William and spoke to coaches and teammates past I find it hard to believe Nonis had anything to do with the pick besides saying "the leafs are happy and proud to select from modo Sweden William Nylander".

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I feel bad for Buffalo fans

Not me, the last 10 years have hardened me to all the bull****e we've had to endure. I feel about as sorry for Sabres fans as i do for Jets fans....which is not at all.

edit: That's not me judging teams, laughing at teams or saying the Leafs are awesome ballz!! But nobody gave a dam about us as Leafs fans through the Ballard era...the JFJ fiasco...the Burke blunders or any other time. I am a die hard leaf fan....it's the Leafs and nothing else. I won't laugh at any fans who are watching their team struggle, but i don't feel sorry for them either.

GO LEAFS!!!

Last edited:

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
I hope
They decide to waive smith instead of sending goat down or get rid of leivo. But I have a feeling smith will be back on that fourth line as soon as he's ready..

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Looking at the Leafs schedule it's insane. They play every other day pretty much with a bunch of back to backs sprinkled in.

The 2nd half will be tough.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Looking at the Leafs schedule it's insane. They play every other day pretty much with a bunch of back to backs sprinkled in.

It's a lot of games but a lot of games are at home, so not a ton of a travel involved. The next 4 are at home then a road trip just before and after the all-star break.Another long home stand after that before they head to southern California.

Lots of games but at least they shouldn't be worn out from the road. Hopefully they are able to stay on a roll - games that tight together can be a benefit when you're playing well, especially when you don't have to travel a lot.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Should be a good one, regretting dumping this one.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

February is going to make or break this team. Just hope for no major injuries, they've been very fortunate in that regard.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
February is going to make or break this team. Just hope for no major injuries, they've been very fortunate in that regard.

They have indeed
And no team can stay this hot There will be some more pain coming :)

I don't really care about playoffs this year. Although I must admit it would be fun to watch.
But I really want to continue to see guys moved out who aren't part of the plan going forward.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Should be a good game, hoping we can pull this one out, buffalo looked good against dallas today, hoping we can get another 2 points

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
This rivalry has so much potential. I want it to take off for real starting tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad