GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs at 7:00pm on TSN4 Dec 17th, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I am sure they figured they had filled that hole adequately with Michal Neuvirth, until he wasn't sober enough for training camp. By then, the moves were all done and options dried up and we were left scrambling again. I guess you can still fault him for that, but I don't look at it as an oversight on his part.

If that is true and that is why he didn't make the team then that is something I expect Dubas to know

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Also it cracks me up reading the Sabres GDT, where they are complaining about how the Leafs will get all the calls.. Have they looked at the numbers? We're near the bottom for like three years straight lol. Where do these narratives come from?

Why do you have a carolina logo yet you post about Toronto?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
lol. Not even sure how to respond to this. I've been hating on him for over a year and complaining about his contract (speculated) longer than that. I was never in the "He's McDavid" camp. I see a very elite player who can't be bothered to put in the work more than once every 3-4 games. If he matures then he can be McDavid's Malkin.

Except better ;)

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Wonder if Matthews is going to show any pride and dominate tonight? Eichel outshined him both games last time. Wonder if he is realizing that his reputation is changing league wide?
Well, the 3rd line looked great on Sat, hopefully if the Matthews line feels like another night off, they can at least work the Sabres 3rd line to a draw.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Well, the 3rd line looked great on Sat, hopefully if the Matthews line feels like another night off, they can at least work the Sabres 3rd line to a draw.

That's all I ask. He won't score every night, that's not realistic. I just hope to see him be noticeable at some point. Have a shift or two where he gets momentum going for his team. Lately it seems you hear his name on the PP and otherwise not sure he is even playing. Then he has a game where he puts up 2-4 points and dominates possession the entire night and you remember why he was so hyped.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I don't know what to think. On one hand, I know there are Boston fans who say Rask was so good in the last playoffs because he was well rested. On the other hand, goalies used to play more games then they do now so who the hell knows.

It's hard to tell. Also I am not sure how long the fatigue will last. Maybe we can overwork him now until we are in a good payoff standing and maybe we would have figured out our backup situation. If we reduce his load in March, maybe he will rest enough for a playoff run.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
It's hard to tell. Also I am not sure how long the fatigue will last. Maybe we can overwork him now until we are in a good payoff standing and maybe we would have figured out our backup situation. If we reduce his load in March, maybe he will rest enough for a playoff run.
I think it's mental fatigue as much as anything. The seiges in our own zone and continuous turnovers require laser focus. I propose that once a group has been trapped in our zone for a while and they're still trying to dipsy doodle out, that Keefe just hold up a "Clear the **** puck NOW" sign, simple but effective.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
This is a huge game for us. 2 points for us while denying Buffalo of any points is key. The standings are so tight and we can’t afford to continue to lose ground to divisional rivals.

Reactions: Warden of the North

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
What is up with the media these days. It seems all they want to do is trash the Leafs players every chance they get. I don't give a **** what Eichel is doing. I follow the Leafs and Matthews and care about what my own player is going. I don't need comparisons to other players.

This city seriously needs more variety in sports reporting. Way too many puckheads who have nothing better to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad