GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs at 7:00pm on TSN4 Dec 17th, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Really pumped for this game. My son is sleeping over at his grandma's... so I might actually get to watch this one live.

Thinking about getting my free domino's pizza tonight too (if you have a dominos account online... check your account... everyone with an account got a free 60 points which is what you need for a free medium 2 topping pizza).

Damn you're right! Maybe having pizza too~

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I would like to see these lines

Nylander-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-Tavares-Mikheyev
Engvall-Kerfoot-Kapanen

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
In 11 games under Keefe, we've received 18 PP's which is dead last in the league by a significant amount in that time frame.

This **** has got to stop already...

Maybe they should all take diving lessons. :sarcasm:

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
In 11 games under Keefe, we've received 18 PP's which is dead last in the league by a significant amount in that time frame.

Not like we were doing much better under Babcock either, the numbers the last three seasons make no sense. We get almost no powerplays we've been in the bottom 5, and I think we were dead last in at least one of them.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Not working hard enough. Gotta get into the gritty areas and move your feet. That's apparently how you draw penalties.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Does a back to back even matter at this point? he did play the last one

I think the load management stuff is a bit over played by people when it comes to goalies. This whole arbitrary number of games they should play in a season is silly when you have people arguing sitting the starting goalie in the first few weeks of the season because "he was tired in the playoffs".

That said, when it comes to back to backs, I think this is where Sports Science stuff would start to creep in as I would expect the risk of injury would be much higher without the day of reset in between games. They probably don't want him in that situation very often, but I agree it was warranted for that game.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Gotta start diving all over the place i guess. Carry/skate the puck and drive the net harder and dump every time a stick touches us. F&@) it

Complete B.S for years now. Fans gotta start booing the refs hatd for the entire game at home. Not a major media outlet mainstream tackles it do you notice????? Fans gotta boo these referees unmercifully tonight. Not a word on the mainstream so it won’t happen. It needs to be questioned

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Really pumped for this game. My son is sleeping over at his grandma's... so I might actually get to watch this one live.

Thinking about getting my free domino's pizza tonight too (if you have a dominos account online... check your account... everyone with an account got a free 60 points which is what you need for a free medium 2 topping pizza).

Lol atta boy get Leafers some free grub ha

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Wonder if Matthews is going to show any pride and dominate tonight? Eichel outshined him both games last time. Wonder if he is realizing that his reputation is changing league wide?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think the load management stuff is a bit over played by people when it comes to goalies. This whole arbitrary number of games they should play in a season is silly when you have people arguing sitting the starting goalie in the first few weeks of the season because "he was tired in the playoffs".

That said, when it comes to back to backs, I think this is where Sports Science stuff would start to creep in as I would expect the risk of injury would be much higher without the day of reset in between games. They probably don't want him in that situation very often, but I agree it was warranted for that game.

I would suggest to you that it's warranted anyway because at this point it's play Andersen or choose to lose.

For all the good he's done, and he has, the fact that he has allowed it be play Andersen or choose to lose is pathetic, lazy and there is no excuse

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Also it cracks me up reading the Sabres GDT, where they are complaining about how the Leafs will get all the calls.. Have they looked at the numbers? We're near the bottom for like three years straight lol. Where do these narratives come from?

Everyone just assumes the league plays favourites with the Leafs.

Especially funny when you got the commissioner making fun of them, they have the least amount of powerplays over the last few seasons, frequently get shafted by DOPS, etc. etc.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Not working hard enough. Gotta get into the gritty areas and move your feet. That's apparently how you draw penalties.
You could replay the 2nd period of the Edm game in slo-mo and you'd think the league was hiding Jimmy Hoffa's body. We were working like crazy and moving our legs plenty, they let about 14 interference and hooking calls go and then called Muzzin on a next-to-nothing play. There's some kind of bs going on.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
For all the good he's done, and he has, the fact that he has allowed it be play Andersen or choose to lose is pathetic, lazy and there is no excuse

I am sure they figured they had filled that hole adequately with Michal Neuvirth, until he wasn't sober enough for training camp. By then, the moves were all done and options dried up and we were left scrambling again. I guess you can still fault him for that, but I don't look at it as an oversight on his part.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
My Swiss team is up 7-1 against the archrival with 10 mins left... that's a good omen! Usually when Ambrì wins, the Leafs win as well!:naughty::thumbu:

GO LEAFS GO!!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I don't know what to think. On one hand, I know there are Boston fans who say Rask was so good in the last playoffs because he was well rested. On the other hand, goalies used to play more games then they do now so who the hell knows.

Reactions: willmma and Zizzzzy

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
you do realize whatever over rating that has been done on this website was mostly you right?

lol. Not even sure how to respond to this. I've been hating on him for over a year and complaining about his contract (speculated) longer than that. I was never in the "He's McDavid" camp. I see a very elite player who can't be bothered to put in the work more than once every 3-4 games. If he matures then he can be McDavid's Malkin.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
lol. Not even sure how to respond to this. I've been hating on him for over a year and complaining about his contract (speculated) longer than that. I was never in the "He's McDavid" camp. I see a very elite player who can't be bothered to put in the work more than once every 3-4 games. If he matures then he can be McDavid's Malkin.

Don't make a main boards thread about it please.

Reactions: stopclickbait
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad