GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ San Jose Sharks 11/5 7:30pm CSNCA

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The way Randy and Drew are talking, I have to remind myself that it is ok to lose from time to time. The best thing at this point of the season is the Sharks are getting healthier and hopefully Havlat and Boyle can regain their hockey legs in time.

Still concerned about Burns though. That injury went from no big deal, to he's going to be back soon, to this is the second week and do we still know what exactly is wrong with him? He has teeth, he looked happy getting shaved, and I still haven't heard anything official regarding concussion. I hope he returns to the line up soon.

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
Still concerned about Burns though. That injury went from no big deal, to he's going to be back soon, to this is the second week and do we still know what exactly is wrong with him? He has teeth, he looked happy getting shaved, and I still haven't heard anything official regarding concussion. I hope he returns to the line up soon.

That's what happens when you lick the frozen pole!

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Everyone needs to stop talking about how bad the Sabres are, especially jinx master Randy. We are asking for one of those lose to a low ranked teams outta nowhere type games.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I feel like the loss to LA broke this team

will_smith_wtf_gif_large.gif

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Buffalo wanted to keep Vanek. They offered to make him "the highest paid player in the league".

Vanek said he "didn't want to be part of the rebuild".

So your original question is pretty valid.

We didn't actually. Vanek said he never received a contract from the team, so maybe they just thought of that idea internally.

Hope you guys don't mind me chiming in here, our GDT is pretty empty because of the late start and the status of the team :laugh:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
That's what happens when you lick the frozen pole!

Are you saying that the tounge is numb? I mean it was at stick to the mouth. That must be really uncomfortable. Of course you post that clip and the only thing that comes to mind are the various scenes from Dumb and Dumber.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
We didn't actually. Vanek said he never received a contract from the team, so maybe they just thought of that idea internally.

Hope you guys don't mind me chiming in here, our GDT is pretty empty because of the late start and the status of the team :laugh:

Yeah you don't receive a contract offer if you say you aren't resigning anyway. It was probably pretty clear with both sides and the management statement was damage control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad