Post-Game Talk: Buffalo Sabres @ New York Rangers - 03/24/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
It is bad you're right. they are getting 2 cracks at the top 3. Their first chance looking better than our first chance.

They're supposed to be a playoff team though. This is their most important season in 30 years. It's either their last run with Tavares on a bargain contract or their last run with Tavares period. And their incompetence is pushing him far far away.

This season for the Islanders has been a massive debacle. They rebuilt their entire franchise around JT for the last ~decade and this is what they have to show for it.

We are in much better shape than them regardless of draft position.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Upstate we got the Buffalo feed---this Brian Duff guy calls Mika Zibanejad 'the Persian Prince'--alluding to his family's Iranian background. It's a bit ****ed up that he felt the need IMO.

Not that we're all that hot but the Sabres are ****ing awful. Half the time they didn't even look interested.

Anyway congrats to Neal Pionk on his first NHL goal and he tacked on another assist. 14 points now in 21 games. Vesey with 2 goals and an assist. Kreider and Zib with a goal and an assist each. Hayes with two assists. Georgiev almost a shutout and with over 40 saves though a load of them were perimeter shots.

Still think though we should send Pionk and Georgiev down and recall Halverson (or Nell) and Zborovskiy. We really don't need the standings points.

We have the Caps back-to-back, then TB on Friday.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If you combine their %'s of picks, they have have a 7.2% chance at 1OA and 25.9% at the top 3, that's better than every team outside the worst 4.
yikes. Unreal luck for them that they have sucked while Calgary has simultaneously sucked even more if thats possible

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
This team could barely beat Buffalo before the sell off.

Nice to see that bum Vesey score a couple of more goals exceeding his goal scoring from last year.

Apparently I could be on the ice with Kreider and Zibanejad and we wouldn't miss a beat. Rangers Twitter. Embarrassing.

Carnival Barker

Oct 6, 2005
New York
Georgiev is my second favorite Bulgarian behind this guy

latest

Pionk probably can't believe his luck - he scored his first career goal on Rusev day!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Remember when Oilers fans told us Larsson was great because he was "leading a playoff team and turned their organization around?"

Now they're fishing for top 3 again.

Reactions: Bozle

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hawks Oilers Islanders Rangers all separated by 3 points (7-10 draft slots)
Do we really have any confidence in the Hawks? after that canucks lost i don't see how they can compile more than 2 points down the stretch. just check out their schedule.
In the end we probably will be neck and neck with the islanders. they have one winnable game 2 if you assume they will beat us.
The oilers have a chance for sure. so if we are being realistic we stay at 10 maybe grab 9. i will sign for 9th. assures us we can grab dobson

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Said it in the GD thread, but what a home run it would be if Pionk turns into a player. It’s the type of thing that rebuilds rely on.
When you rebuild, the teams that swim in average play and the ones that contend are usually separated by a few things, 1 some luck in the draft positioning and selection, 2 steal a trade or two, and 3 luck out on a player nobody knew about. If you hit those all of a sudden all your "draft" picks and "bulk of the team" looks better.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Do we really have any confidence in the Hawks? after that canucks lost i don't see how they can compile more than 2 points down the stretch. just check out their schedule.
In the end we probably will be neck and neck with the islanders. they have one winnable game 2 if you assume they will beat us.
The oilers have a chance for sure. so if we are being realistic we stay at 10 maybe grab 9. i will sign for 9th. assures us we can grab dobson
What we have going for us is that we have a tough road ahead.

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad