Post-Game Talk (GBU): Buffalo Sabres at Philadelphia Flyers 7PM 3/7/2020

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I never want to see Hutton in net again. Ullmark, hurry back. You're needed. I would rather start Ayres than this waste of space. Lalime 2.0! That might be completely unfair to Patrick Lalime.

Reactions: BananaSquad

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
is it bad I long for the days of Miller, Roy, Connolly, Vanek and Pominville. Would rather be a 1st round exit/ 9th place team then this shit.

Reactions: joshjull

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
I would hardly even care if they folded the franchise at this point. Had some good memories. Players don't want to be there. Fans are sick of it. Who even benefits at this point. Jack can go play for an actual team. Win-win. Maybe in 10 years we can re-enter as an expansion team and go to the SCF.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
In former years, seeing him on the left side and back running the PP would have me thinking "showcase". But the timing is all wrong.
Given Botterill, take a moment to reconsider that thought.

That was the most Huttony thing Hutton's ever done
Should make the 50th anniversary highlight reel...

Last time the Sabres won in regulation in this building was April 2011.
Should have seen their record at the spectrum in the 1970s. I think it was 25 games or so without a win until Terry Martin scored 2 goals in a 3-2 win late in the 1970s.

Cant believe they didnt kill risto
They should have "Mother----ered him up a little."

Well, ya got me there........

So why are we the Buffalo Swords then? Or butter knives?

Did Punch just like the name or concept?

Last point...... Flyers is a very common nickname for hockey teams. Seen it used all over Canada. I used to coach in a local organization that was called the Flyers...... Pretty sure it's use preceded the inception of the Philadelphia franchise. Or any connection with the American Revolution.

Maybe these other guys were all train fanatics......
Pretty sure there was a Niagara Falls Flyers (maybe there still is) before I left WNY.
"The Sabres played very well, they gave The Flyers all they could handle, and out shot them... in a very difficult environment."

Rob Ray needs his brain scanned for cognitive damage. Seriously.
Ray has in fact admitted on air he has brain damage. He was being earnest.

down to 26th overall, 28th and 29th within screaming distance.

I remember when the Sabres were around 20th place earlier in the season, and I was told this team was good because they were in a playoff spot (3rd in the division) with Tampa and Toronto and others below us.
(and)

I mean they arent that far off from 30th overall which would be insane
30th is going to be tough, but I like their chances; especially if they shut Jack down. With a team effort, and everyone working sucking together, it's achievable.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Dunno wtf is wrong with Skinner but his shot looks like complete shit.

The 2nd and 3rd goal against is the season in a nutshell. 2nd goal Larsson and McCabe decide to just leave Giroux uncovered in the slot after both had him covered(felt like I watched it in slow motion and was yelling at my TV as it unfolded). 3rd goal is Hutton being his usual useless self.

Johansson has like no stamina or something. The wheels always come off in the 2nd or the 3rd and he turns into a pylon. That line looked good before that.

Kahun ever going to see PP time even if its PP2 or we just going to try for 0 for a billion?}

Is the top line going to score ever again? Seriously.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
When the season is over we're going to find out every player was playing with a serious injury and is having surgery. Then we're going to feel terrible about being so mean-spirited. A few weeks later Casey Mittelstadt will put up pics on instagram of the whole team partying like animals at some golf course and our feelings about the players will return to normal.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Trying to find a more direct positive in the Ralph mode.. If these 6 games dont completely crush yr spirit, nothing will.

Hutton gave competant goaltending til..well you know.. So it isnt just that..unless the shock of being still in the game after a great save doesnt breed confidence to score..

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Tied going into the third in Colorado.
Tied going into the third in Vegas.
Tied going into the third in Philly.

Scored a grand total of one goal in those three third periods combined (and said goal came after the outcome was already decided in Vegas). Bunch of choke artists.
If Jack were healthy, and this was happening right now, I'd 100% agree. I do think there's a reason guys like Skinner have never been to the playoffs. The timeliness of scoring is very important and a few of our scorers have not made a difference when we still had a chance. It's extremely disappointing.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Then what I said was inappropriate, and poor form (unknowingly) on my part.

I apologize for inadvertently being an azz.
No worries, and I certainly didn't take it that way. Just noted it, because I don't know how many others on this board are aware. It was a mid-game admission by Ray, prompted by RJ using vocabulary Ray didn't know, which Ray then butchered in pronouncing asking what it meant. RJ teased slightly in explaining it, and Rob changed his tone completely - not at all the usual barb or rejoinder they use - and noted/admitted he's been checked and has brain damage from playing. I think this happened during a game last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad