Post-Game Talk: Buffalo Sabres at New York Rangers 1/3/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I agree. He's so much better than what you'd expect from a center his age. People are afraid he might not be able to handle the long season, but just give him a chance. I don't see any reason to go after a guy like Vermette at the moment. This team can go far in the post season.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
Great win!

Liked Boyle`s game today, his best game in Rangers uniform so far.

Hayes was fantastic all game long. Still need some adjusting, but he is really showing he can/will be a very solid player. Great reach, calm with the puck. Must work on his face-offs, and can make better decicions sometimes.

Hank had a solid game, hope he keep it up.

Very good PP, also those they didnt score on. PK was good as well.

4th star to Glass. Hope he never plays another game for this team again...
Suddenly we have 4 competent lines. What a waste of 1,45 mill....

Now let`s win 3 i California! :)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ok so we're hot, nobody wins 10 out of every 11.

But we're 3rd in G/GP, all the way up to 7th in GA/GP, 10th in PP, 11th in PK, 5th in 5 on 5 goal differential, and 5th in overall goal differential.

We're not just hot, this is an elite hockey team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

But we're 3rd in G/GP, all the way up to 7th in GA/GP, 10th in PP, 11th in PK, 5th in 5 on 5 goal differential, and 5th in overall goal differential.

Yeah, but that mediocre opposition though... If only we could put up numbers like these against top teams like Pittsburgh :sarcasm:

NYRangerFan*

Excellent game. This team looks better than last years team and last years team was pretty good. Nash is an animal and St Louis is just amazing. Boyle-Nash-St Louis-McD-Stepan is very very dangerous on the PP and can be the difference between a cup and a cup loss. If our PP can produce 1-2 goals at least every other game, the cup is ours. Especially with our defense and Hank in net. Last year we lost because we couldn't get a PP goal, this year we can. Easily one of the best teams in the East, **** what the standings say. Can't wait to see how we come out against Anaheim, LA, and San Jose. Big tests

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
This game made me happy. I bubbled over with joy. Oh joyous victory.

The powerplay was superb. Stepan is dangerous. Nash is a machine

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York

But what does the corsi say!

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The Rangers are tied for 5th in the league for most ROWs, and have games in hand on every team above them.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The Rangers are also currently 5th in SA/G, but 17th in S/G.

This year, we've allowed fewer shots, but we also are shooting less. Had an average of 33 shots a game last year. Hovering around 30 right now.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Rangers are also currently 5th in SA/G, but 17th in S/G.

This year, we've allowed fewer shots, but we also are shooting less. Had an average of 33 shots a game last year. Hovering around 30 right now.

I think we've been better in that area recently.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Great win!

Liked Boyle`s game today, his best game in Rangers uniform so far.

Hayes was fantastic all game long. Still need some adjusting, but he is really showing he can/will be a very solid player. Great reach, calm with the puck. Must work on his face-offs, and can make better decicions sometimes.

Hank had a solid game, hope he keep it up.

Very good PP, also those they didnt score on. PK was good as well.

4th star to Glass. Hope he never plays another game for this team again...
Suddenly we have 4 competent lines. What a waste of 1,45 mill....

Now let`s win 3 i California! :)

Well said. That 4th line can be awesome. That's what we were missing this season. We finally should have it . Gotta give av some credit putting fast on the third line with Hayes. Looks like a good move. Never would have thought it.
The only negative is the 1.5 million dollar cap waste. That could hurt us in our efforts to bolster the lineup /depth for the playoff run.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Keep this in mind in the Mcilrath thread. Not you. Everybody.

No. That pick was atrocious and indefensible. We'll be lucky if he ever becomes a top 4 dman. He just isnt very good at hockey. Not a lot of skill, hockey IQ isnt very high, pretty slow. He's just a ball of rage on ice, not much more. I think Ryan Graves may pass him on the depth charts within the next few years. McIlrath was just an awful pick.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I ****ing LOVE Hayes. This kid is going to be a 1st line player in a couple years. His passing and his poise with the puck is through the charts as a rookie. Really think he will be a 50-60 assist man in this league.

Stinks that he is playing with low IQ/Stone hands Carl for now, but I guess he's gotta start somewhere, and no player has really been able to make Hags better than he is but Hayes is doing a good job of that

I know I'm probably in the minority but I really like hags. He comes to play every night and his relentless speed and forecheck is a perfect fit for the identity of this team.
He doesn't have the greatest hands that's for sure but he can be a top 9 forward on my team any day of the week. He forces the oppositions defense to make quick decisions and Hayes is usually right behind him to pounce on those turnovers. It seems like Hayes can play with anyone right now. Couldn't ask for anything more from him

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Stempniak played great today and has been very good in general, but i would love to see Lindberg get some time in the lineup too. See if he can be that faceoff-winning center the Rangers need.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The two best lines (possession wise) for this game were the bottom 6. Miller, Moore, and Stemp all started in the d-zone more often than not, and still were the best possession forwards right below Hayes' entire line (who were spoon fed offensive zone starts). Might have something with these lines, I mean it was Buffalo, but they got run over with them on the ice.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Rangers are now 3rd in the league in Goals per Game ....Offense has been great, Defense and Goaltending have been solid. This team is firing on all cylinders right now.

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
No. That pick was atrocious and indefensible. We'll be lucky if he ever becomes a top 4 dman. He just isnt very good at hockey. Not a lot of skill, hockey IQ isnt very high, pretty slow. He's just a ball of rage on ice, not much more. I think Ryan Graves may pass him on the depth charts within the next few years. McIlrath was just an awful pick.

they took him on the 2% chance he became Pronger. he didn't. fowler wasn't making it here as we already had Sanguineti and Del Zaster as the same kind of guys, Tarasenko looks bad now but there were questions about him coming over and we had taken a chance on Cherepanov a few years earlier in the same spot.

The guys after aren't a panacea, Schwartz would be nice, Bjugstad was just as big a question at the time as a gawky guy. Sometimes you swing and miss. Indefensible is dumb revisionist history, they thought he had massive raw talent and iirc wasn't playign hockey long and they thought he had huge potential. I don't see how you can hate an org willing to sack up and try for greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad