Post-Game Talk (GBU): Buffalo Sabres at Nashville Predators 8PM 1/18/20

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Come on Sabres!!!:thumbu:

Antibiotics for Howie, so drinking is not an option tonight!!

Well an option if I decide I despise my stomach tonight - jk....

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Colin Blackwell. There’s a name for ya

Him and Hagel both playing. It’s funny that Lazar is being celebrated as a straightforward, physical effort player and the team needs more. And those two guys are both straightforward, physical effort players Botterill chose not to retain.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Jokiharju has gotten very limited opportunity (they've scored at least twice in his limited attempts) and they haven't tried Pilut at all.

IKR? I don’t get some of their lack of roster optimization. Moving the puck up the ice and filling a lane on the rush are prime Montour skills. Set-piece passing? Not so much.

Reactions: IlikeEich

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Jokiharju has gotten very limited opportunity (they've scored at least twice in his limited attempts) and they haven't tried Pilut at all.

hoping that’ll change in the second half? We have a good enough sample size on Montour, get some practices with joker, see how that goes, then maybe try pilut if it’s still meh.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I mean he didn’t even take a stride from touching the puck to getting laid out.

NHL 20 lets you get away with that every time

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
IKR? I don’t get some of their lack of roster optimization. Moving the puck up the ice and filling a lane on the rush are prime Montour skills. Set-piece passing? Not so much.

to be fair, that’s mostly what stands out about joker as well, but we also haven’t seen how he’d operate on the PP whereas we know what Montour brings. Kinda similar to Rhino/eichel pairing, we seem afraid to shake things up

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
Turris played the puck with his skate right as Dahlin checked him. Not really a penalty.

I understand the call 100%, but turris being weak on his skates.. if Dahlin keeps his hands together I’d be angrier about the penalty

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
to be fair, that’s mostly what stands out about joker as well, but we also haven’t seen how he’d operate on the PP whereas we know what Montour brings. Kinda similar to Rhino/eichel pairing, we seem afraid to shake things up

He had some quality shifts in Dahlin’s absence. Joker is much more about passing the puck smartly to freedom. Montour is more feet and speed.

Reactions: IlikeEich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad