Post-Game Talk (GBU): Buffalo Sabres at Nashville Predators 8PM 1/18/20

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Box Score
https://www.espn.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=401145793
24:22 is too much ice time for Eichel. It showed. I thought he was dragging in the Stars game too. He can use the break.
19:45 is the most Dahlin has played in a long time, but 5:01 was on the PP. I'd like to see him worked into PK
14:48 for Bogo is almost 15 mins too much.

box.jpg

Last edited:

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Bogosian looks even worse in person. While he’s in the ice you can read his thought process the entire time he’s slumbering around and it’s so sad to see. He’s a slobbering puppy who can’t keep the toy in his mouth when he gets near it.

Eichel mailing it in all but the third period a couple games ago also really obvious. Predators were bad outside a couple shifts, should’ve had this one.

Eichel looks gassed. Getting some actual center depth would've been a good idea, but Botts felt fine relying on MarJo and Mitts

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
That should be the last time Bogo plays in a Sabres jersey. He has no business playing in the NHL.
Color me surprised when it was Scandella who was traded instead of Bogosian even though it was Bogo who requested the trade. Maybe other teams saw that Bogo is at best a third D pairing so passed on him.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
I think the idea is that they're trying to trade him so he has to play, but **** him. He's garbage. No one wants him. Bury him in the minors and play Miller
ITA. Who cares what Bogo wants? He’s a liability when Sabres need a HUGE push just to make the playoffs as a WC. Miller is more likely to be helpful in that regard than Bogo so send #4 to the minors!

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It’s a crazy world when Columbus passed Buffalo (according to that chart). Didn’t think that could happen at the start of the season given all the high end defections from Columbus.

Fifth worst record by points percentage in the conference. Even the Rangers are better right now. Good times.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
It’s a crazy world when Columbus passed Buffalo (according to that chart). Didn’t think that could happen at the start of the season given all the high end defections from Columbus.

Columbus has a better team than us (obviously) even with the defections. They have depth and as a whole they are better than us. At worst they have 3L*-4D in every position. Whereas we have AHL fodder.

*3L means 3rd liners

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
The worst part about the showcasing Bogo theory is it’s probably driving his value down, if that’s even possible.

I really try to maintain a level head and often roll my eyes at all the histrionics here and among other fans, but I’m really struggling to keep that up. I’m not even pissed at the team about the game tonight. Not their best but not their worst—and not their fault that they’re saddled with some awful players that keep seeing the ice.

Sadly, we don’t see any people in the media confront the coach/front office because their self preservation is more important (not that I can blame them, I guess). Would love to see someone call them out on the bs about “players that want to be here” and “icing the lineup that gives the best chance to win.”

I’m also sick and tired of this idea that nobody will want to sign here if we waive veteran players to the minors. If a player thinks they might perform bad enough to warrant being waived, why the hell would we want them or care? Good players want to play for organizations that have standards. Good players have pride and expect accountability for themselves and everyone else.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
For people who lined up to run O'Reilly off after he was honest about playing on that ****ty team, where are they when Bogosian wants out? Super ****ing quiet. Guess they have different drinkin' buddies, but it's ridiculous that Bogosian gets the "oh, but they will be even softer" deflection when suggesting he not ever see the ice again, when at the end of the day, if they win hard, win soft, or win somewhere in between is irrelevant because Bogosian is bad at hockey and is costing them in actual points in the standings. I'm sure him bouncing off Arvidsson makes his fans all happy, despite leading to the cycle and penalty and eventual GWGA. He is terrible. Take terrible players out of the lineup. PLEASE.

Blogosian has fans?

Reactions: jc17

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Color me surprised when it was Scandella who was traded instead of Bogosian even though it was Bogo who requested the trade. Maybe other teams saw that Bogo is at best a third D pairing so passed on him.

3rd D pairing? Maybe in the American league.

:laugh:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Bogo was getting all the clutch minutes. It’s Krueger or Smith thinking he’s the best option.

Reactions: jc17

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Bogo was getting all the clutch minutes. It’s Krueger or Smith thinking he’s the best option.

well can you blame them? They can only play what Botterill gives them...Maybe if he gives them better players they would play someone better in his spot. ;)

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

I think everyone in the league knows that Bogo isn't an NHL-caliber defenseman and no amount of delusional statements by Bogo about his talent and health is going to change that.

The Sabres need to stop showcasing Bogo, literally everyone can see how terrible he is when he's on the ice. I have doubts that he can be traded. He needs to be benched permanently.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
ruining the season in order to pump up bogosian's value so they can get a 5th round pick for him and only retain 50% of his salary is some galaxy brain shit.

or worse, it's also possible they're just unironically playing him because they think he's good. bad teams are bad for a reason.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
ruining the season in order to pump up bogosian's value so they can get a 5th round pick for him and only retain 50% of his salary is some galaxy brain ****.

or worse, it's also possible they're just unironically playing him because they think he's good. bad teams are bad for a reason.

I'm in the latter camp. I don't think you showcase Bogo by putting him in situations that easily point out his deficiencies. (Most.... unfortunately..)

I'm guessing Ralph and the staff think Bogo can handle the minutes.

Ralph and the staff are wrong.....

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
He’s a professional grifter. He’s been paid his whole career to be injured. He befriends each teams all stars in an attempt to gain status and sympathy and it still got him traded out of the Peg, but unfortunately sunk his teeth into Eichel and Reinhart while they were too impressionable to see him for who he is.

Wish he fought the fan who made fun of his fishing workout trips. Sums up his career.

Wish they’d just waive him and not play him in the minors. I bet he would finally cancel his contract in an attempt to salvage his next contract. Though, knowing Terry, he will come out as scrambled by concussions and get Terry to give him some huge payout for being a victim of being a well compensated athlete.

He may even pre-empt his waiver by wearing pig referee socks in practice. Can we get some paparazzi glued to him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad