GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Boston Bruins. 7 PM. MSG/ESPN+ (MOD WARNING POST 1)

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
So as a pre-emptive deterrent - this is the GDT. There are places to discuss draft picks, a thread on the coach, the GM, the owner, discussing replacing the coach, goaltending, and even the roster in general. If y'all want to go off about something y'all have gone off about as a macro issue with the team (the ownership, the coach, the GM, or any of the oft-repeated commentary in GDT's of late), it WILL get pruned. Take the macro issues to their appropriate location. In the interim, this particular thread is about tonight's game. Got it?

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
So as a pre-emptive deterrent - this is the GDT. There are places to discuss draft picks, a thread on the coach, the GM, the owner, discussing replacing the coach, goaltending, and even the roster in general. If y'all want to go off about something y'all have gone off about as a macro issue with the team (the ownership, the coach, the GM, or any of the oft-repeated commentary in GDT's of late), it WILL get pruned. Take the macro issues to their appropriate location. In the interim, this particular thread is about tonight's game. Got it?
learn-it-know-it-live-it.gif

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Does thread rules apply even if Boston has a three goal lead or more?

I'm down with the flu for the third time in three months so might watch if I can't sleep but might not be posting if I can't write nasty stuff about Adams in case of a loss.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Does thread rules apply even if Boston has a three goal lead or more?

I'm down with the fly for the third time in three months so might watch if I can't sleep but might not be posting if I can't write nasty stuff about Adams in case of a loss.

Yeah, the thread rules are the thread rules. There are places to beef endlessly about things that aren't the GDT. The game day thread is specifically about the game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
In Clifton's defense, he's played the majority of the year on his off-hand side and we know that can be an issue for many. But he's got to simplify and get back to taking the body with authority instead of trying to be Jayson Woolley-lite.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
So if we're down 3-0 10 minutes into the first and all of a sudden Adams Pegula and Granato start ice-dancing at center ice (terribly) we can talk about the coach GM and owner and how bad they are right?

Reactions: HaNotsri

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If you don't want to lose your hair I suggest making a live thread with the title "Waiting for Godot" and let it be the gdt until we start winning games again.

Oh, I'm not worried about tonight. I've got some bullshit happening the next 24 hours or so.

Have a counseling appointment 7 PM - 8 PM tonight......then I gotta drive my niece 90 min to the Philly airport for a 5 AM flight. So leaving the house at 2 AM, to get back to the house roughly 6 AM.......all so I can sit at the courthouse tomorrow serving jury duty.

I'll be sleeping while the game is on. Maybe I'll watch some of it if I can't nap at 6 AM.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad